Caldwell Boys Basketball...improving

TheSpot

I know that not a lot of people give Caldwell much of a chance in anything but football; however, as a parent of a player in the program, I would like to give them some props here.  The team has only won 3 games this season, but they are improving TREMENDOUSLY.  We have a new coach, Coach Smisek, who inherited a tough situation.  He is the 4th coach in the last 6 years, only 1 senior returned with any Varsity experience & he's not really that good (I think he averaged something like 3 points a game last year), 2 All-District players did not come out this year because, as it was told me, Coach Smisek will practice on Saturdays, and another kid didn't come out because he thinks he's getting a football scholarship (hasn't happened yet to the best of my knowledge).

Well, we have a whopping 9 players on varsity, 1 with any varsity experience.  The boys are getting so much better, although we probably won't win a game in our district, I and the other parents are very proud of all the players.  Coach Smisek has them playing their butts off every game.  We just seem to get 'out athleted' in the 4th quarter.

So, for whatever it's worth, keep up the great work Hornets.  In the stands we see your hard work & are very proud of you...& Coach Smisek, keep cracking that whip (& stomping that floor). ;D

I saw Caldwell play a few years ago in the playoffs and they had a stud that went to A&M.  Not sure if he is still at A&M or not and that team was pretty good.  I believe that they played Jasper in the playoffs that year.  What district is Caldwell in?  And were are they expected to finish in district?

Coach Smisek told me that we were picked to finish ahead of Rudder, but behind everybody else...

Current standings going into the last game of the 1st round of district are:

1.        Navasota (5-0)

2.        Madisonville (4-1)

3 (tie).  Cameron Yoe (3-2)

3 (tie).  Taylor (3-2)

5.        Rockdale (2-3)

6 (tie).  Caldwell (0-5)

6 (tie).  Rudder (0-5)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124