What is your biggest pet peeve...

bbwmf

The foul difference has nothing to do with who presses and who don't. Most good defense teams press and poor defensive teams and sometimes big teams don't press. If the slapping and hand checking is not getting called it must not be a foul. You have to play the way it is getting called that night are you will get beat. The rules are changed on a daily basis and you must adjust. Is it a technical for a player to jump up to celebrate and step on the court? Only if the whistle blows ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The foul difference has nothing to do with who presses and who don't. Most good defense teams press and poor defensive teams and sometimes big teams don't press. If the slapping and hand checking is not getting called it must not be a foul. You have to play the way it is getting called that night are you will get beat. The rules are changed on a daily basis and you must adjust. Is it a technical for a player to jump up to celebrate and step on the court? Only if the whistle blows ;D ;D ;D

"the rules change daily".  If this is true then there are no rules, and that is what's wrong with my sport.  I guess I am just to old and out of touch.  The skill level and play of today's game makes me ill.  You young guys missed a great game.

No I didn't miss a great game because I played in them. The games were about defense and running a offense and being disiplined in every aspect. Todays games are different because girls play like the boys used to and its just as exciting. But justlike thwe old days each ref has their strengths and weaknesses.We used to have cops and firemen who were looking for extra money on their days off. You didn't talk to them like today. I mean kids and coachs who teach the kids those skills. It was a great game then and a great game tonight.

Guest bleed orange

"the rules change daily".  If this is true then there are no rules, and that is what's wrong with my sport.  I guess I am just to old and out of touch.  The skill level and play of today's game makes me ill.  You young guys missed a great game.

No, you are correct. Most schools not all do not play defense anymore. The ones that do are successful. Why play defense when you can get away with a mugging. The kids now days (Not all) is all about how many points they score. For the most part defense is out the window. The game has changed and not for the good. The NBA is the root of all evil.

Guest bleed orange

No I didn't miss a great game because I played in them. The games were about defense and running a offense and being disiplined in every aspect. Todays games are different because girls play like the boys used to and its just as exciting. But justlike thwe old days each ref has their strengths and weaknesses.We used to have cops and firemen who were looking for extra money on their days off. You didn't talk to them like today. I mean kids and coachs who teach the kids those skills. It was a great game then and a great game tonight.

I have to disagree "Jdad". It is not the same game when you and I played. Yes, the girls do play harder than the boys but they call way less fouls on the girls side. That being said I did not watch the HJ vs OF game tonight. So my opinion was not based on that game. It was based on the last 5 years of watching girls basketball.

• 5 weeks later...

bbwmf, I agree with you. A foul in the boys game should be a foul in the girls game. There should be similiar whistles on similiar contact. The local officials sometimes don't get that concept.... too bad.  You sound like you know what you are talking about.

bbwmf, I agree with you. A foul in the boys game should be a foul in the girls game. There should be similiar whistles on similiar contact. The local officials sometimes don't get that concept.... too bad.   You sound like you know what you are talking about.

You have to learn to adjust to the way the officials call their games.  Sometimes you can let good teams just play and enjoy the game. And others you have to keep your lips wet because of all the hacking and less skilled type of playing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83