Best LU PG ever???

Lazeek

Butler did not play the point when he was at Lamar

I'm sorry, I could only see him in his Georgetown uniform hitting shots. My bad! I got carried away.

Did he ever play any games for Lamar?  I googled him and it says he played for Tyler JC then Georgetown.  Did he play some as a freshman for Lamar then transferred to Tyler JC?  I don't remember him, but then again I pretty much gave up on Lamar basketball in the 90s.

I don't remember. I gave up on Lamar in the 90's too

C'mon guys there was still some talent in the 90s.  MAtt Sundblad, Ronald Nunnery, LAndown Rowe, KEnyon Spears, Atim Browne, Karl Malvo.

I was a student in the 90s, so I remember all these guys.

I believe that LU consistenly had the best talent in the conference at this time, but the worst coaching.

George Butler was not a point guard, but could drive it.  Unfortunately, he was good for a charge or so a game, that really used to tick Newell off.  Alvin Brooks and Lamont Robinson I think were the two best, although they were very different.  Robinson, his final season when he developed his outside shot, after Sewell was hurt I believe, was probably all around the best.  A defensive stopper, and could finish with slams (left handed) over 7 foots stiffs.

Clarence Kea for a couple of years for the Dallas Mavericks in their early days, Tommy Sewell for 76ers for a year or two, was a first round pick, and Adrian Caldwell for Rockets for severals years, and maybe Cleveland or some other team.  Lamont Robinson and Jerry Everett were both drafted (I believe) back when the NBA draft was longer than 2 rounds.

I've been watching LU since the early 70's and I would hand the ball to Alvin Brooks if I were looking for a PG.Mike Oliver was the best pure shooter I 've seen wear Cardinal red.If I'm not mistaken I think he was a pretty high draft pick in the NBA.Nos mentioned Terry Long who was probably one of the most underated guys at LU.He was a 6th man early in his playing days and could take a game over off the bench.

Guest nostradamus
Did he ever play any games for Lamar?  I googled him and it says he played for Tyler JC then Georgetown.  Did he play some as a freshman for Lamar then transferred to Tyler JC?  I don't remember him, but then again I pretty much gave up on Lamar basketball in the 90s.

Yes, Butler played one year at Lamar....as a freshman....was very good.

I do not agree that Bledsoe could arguably be best ever at Lamar.  He was a small forward (outside shot not good enough to be a guard-very flat), and maybe in top ten, but not top five IMO.  Here is my take:

1. Pic Kea

2. T. Sewell

3. BB or James Gulley (tie)

4. Mike Oliver

I would include Alan Daniels, Adrian Caldwell,  and Kenneth Perkins in the nxt five,  I also personally liked Brian Kellebrew and Jerry Everett as players better than Bledsoe.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Bledsoe.......he was an absolute stud and a matchup nightmare........I disagree about his perimeter shooting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83