Underrated Players

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

I thought you meant in the overall scheme of things. On this board he might not be, but statewide he is. Texas fans had no idea how good Robert Joseph was going to be. Jamaal was fairly highly ranked, but not high enough to do him justice. Earl Thomas is seen as one of the lower ranked guys that Texas has committed this year, but in actuality he may be one of the best.

Guest bleed orange

Its funny back in the old days you guys from jefferson county had the best football teams but not any more. Orange county has the best now and has for some time. I agree that the some of the schools have dropped in classification, but WOS was kicking your butt in 4A and is still in 3A. The best football is on this side of the river. I posted this because some of you underestimate Orange County and always has.

Guest bleed orange

Bronco 1 this has nothing to do with you. You are not from the golden triangle. Really I was talking about Mid-County. But they are part of Jefferson County. :lol:

josh "showvan" of LCM is underrated highly, he made honorable all district for blocking at the runnningback position and he only weighs 175 pounds and he also had some pretty impressive runs returning the ball as well buit they have him projected at WR..also brad croak fomr vidor is underrated

I would agree with you on that comparison admin. Don't get me wrong, Deon was a special athlete and will be at the next level as well. Earl has Beasley like athleticism and a burning desire to compete. Earl is a FIERCE, I mean FIERCE competitor. I've never seen a stronger will to win or succeed from a kid that age. Did I say fierce?

Don't think he could be considered underrated though, anyone who gets a full ride to the defending national champs is DEFINITELY on the radar screen.

Guest bleed orange

Actually I was just kidding with my early post. I was just trying to get a rise out of some people. Believe me I know the majority of the teams in Orange county are not powerhouses. WOS and BC has done well in the playoffs the last few years. Last year was a banner year for Orange County. One state championship in softball, two girls basketball teams made it to the regional tournament, one boys basketball team made it to the state tournament and both WOS and BC went deep in the football playoffs. Memorial will never be Thomas Jefferson, Nederland makes the playoffs every year, PNG is always tough but can't seem to get over that hump the last few years. But things will change, they always do.

Just because he got a scholarship to UT, doesn't mean he is "rated" properly by those that do the ratings. Rashad Bobino got a scholly to UT too, but he was vastly underrated. He wasn't underrated to those at LaMarque that saw him everyday of course, but to others that just looked at the recruiting rankings, they probably underrated him.

I would say Earl is only underrated when compared to Beasely. Some people think WOS will br weaker than last year without him but if Earl got the ball more he could produce in the same way. I dunno if any of the WOS fans remember the Bay City game when Earl was a soph. But they had some LB's going to A&M and Earl was running over them. And other than Earl they dominated WOS defensively that game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124