wo-s thomas had a super game last night for texas

Guest 87CRU79

Beasley has been WAYYYYY over due for some pine ridin! The get is stock full of talent and ability, but he finds himself out of place more often than not. Hope Mack and the boys can work on him this off season

Earl did do very well

Blake Gideon needs some reps on the practice squad, give Ishie or Wells a shot

Way to go Horns

Beasley should have gone somewhere that would let him play on the offensive side of the ball.  Even in high school, he never impressed me on defense.  Heck, he rarely even played defense in high school.  The one time I recall them calling on him to shutdown a stud receiver from Bay City, he was exposed.  I am not taking anything away from Beasley, because he is a phenomenal athlete, but that does not translate into a good cornerback.  All that said, he will still get an invite to the combine when he finishes at UT, and with his athletic ability and 40 time, he will "wow" scout, and may still get a look from some NFL teams.  So, slam him all that you want to, but he is seeing the field at a major D-1 school, which is no easy task.  Obviously, he's better than anything else they got.  I agree on the earlier post about Gideon, he is a joke, can't cover, tackle, or CATCH.  Earl on the other hand, if he continue to progress as he has, we may be looking at a first round pick in a year or two.  GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!

Earl has impressed me from where he began this year and how much he has improved, his closing speed is amazing. He will become a major force in the Texas Secondary and become the next big draft choice from a defense that produces many NFL DB's.

He is on his way to being better than Kevin Smith mainly because he will light you up and that was not Kevin's style in college or NFL. Earl has a amazing work ethic and will get bigger and stronger, Beasly will be replaced next year and it won't be Wells, Well's has to get a heck of alot better in coverage. With Beasly being a Sr. next year they will go younger. As far as Gideon remember he is a True freshman and he will become much better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami