TexPrep 21-4A - Is BH as great as they are predicted to be?

gringo

Below is a copy of TexPrep predictions for 21-4A. I guess for them its all about BH. Top D-Line, Top D-Linebackers, Top D-Backfield. Is this the same Barbers Hill that has been having so much trouble in scrimmages lately?

21-4A

PREDICTED FINISH

Barbers Hill- move up one classification into a relatively weak district plus they have 10 starters back on defense.

Crosby- 19 lettermen are back along with 11 starters, this is a solid program that performs year in and year out.

Houston C.E. King- not a lot of lettermen coming back but they have performed well the past few years in this district.

Galena Park- Rey Zepeda (no relation) takes over at the helm for Mike Coker and he inherits just 10 letermen from a 6-3 team.

New Caney - They have more lettermen coming back than any other team but they have some serious holes to fill on their team.

Huffman Hargrave- Only five lettermen back tells you everything you need to know

Forest Brook- this is a program that needs resources and stability to get back on the ground.

Houston Smiley- same as Forest Brook, the admin in the district need to show a commitment to the sports programs before they can seriously compete.

PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS: Big School Teams: Crosby

PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS: Small School Teams: Barbers Hill, C. E. King

TOP OFFENSIVE BACKFIELD : Galena Park

TOP RECEIVERS: Crosby

TOP OFFENSIVE LINE: Galena Park

TOP DEFENSIVE LINE: Barbers Hill

TOP LINEBACKERS: Barbers Hill

TOP DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD: Barbers Hill

PROJECTED ALL-DISTRICT TEAM: This is not an official team but just our opinion on who will be the all-district team

21-4A PROJECTED ALL-DISTRICT TEAM

DISTRICT MVP

WR MASON FISHER BARBERS HILL SR 6' 2" 185

OFFENSIVE MVP

QB GHAN MCGAFFIE GALENA PARK JR 5' 11" 170

DEFENSIVE MVP

LB JOE SEXTON BARBERS HILL JR 5' 9" 180

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

QB CHARVIS NASH KING SR 6'0 163

RB KEVIN HUMPHREY CROSBY JR 5'11 165

RB *TODD PATTON BARBERS HILL SR 6'0 175

FB JAMEON OWENS KING SR 6'0 198

WR THOMAS LABIAN CROSBY SR 5'10 180

WR MIKE SANDERS KING SR 5'8 138

WR ZACH SIPE HUFFMAN SR 6'0 170

C AARON SHUPTRINE GALENA PARK SR 5'10 270

OL PAUL SANTILLIAN CROSBY SR 6'3 260

OL DHAMIN THOMAS GALENA PARK SR 6'3 270

OL SHELTON RAINEY BARBERS HILL SR 6'2 205

OL BRANDON RODRIGUEZ NEW CANEY JR 5'11 290

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

DL KEDDY ENABULELE CROSBY JR 6' 240

DL THEODORE ARD FOREST SR 6'3 185

DL WARREN DUGAS KING SR 6'5 250

DL *KYLE COX BARBERS HILL SR 6'3 230

DL *CAMERON SWART BARBERS HILL SR 5'11 240

OLB GREG BUCKNER CROSBY SR 5'11 185

OLB MARK DAVIS SMILEY SR 5'6 160

ILB JEREMY HARRISON FOREST BROOK SR 6'0 210

ILB RICKY STEINICKE NEW CANEY JR 6' 195

LB DANIEL McSWAIN BARBERS HILL SR 5'8 175

DB CALEB RANDOLPH CROSBY SR 5'9 150

DB DEANDRE COOPER SMILEY JR 6'0 160

DB C.J. DUNLAP NEW CANEY SR 6'2 155

DB BLAKE PATTON BARBERS HILL SR 6'0 185

Shows you how much that site knows.. :roll:

WOS can talk crap. BC, however, has no room to talk. BH has alot of work to do and I am sure the coaches will be working overtime to fix them. They are weaker in the line than anyone thought (Rainey going down before the season didn't help). The secondary will only be weak until district starts I'm sure. Those kids will get better or we will have two way players I would imagine. My guess is that the team will be solid by district. The problems, I hope, are fixable. So don't be licking your chops just yet.

Barbers Hill always starts out slow, however this year there is an obvious attempt at tryign to plug some new folks in spots to limit the number of two-way players. The defense is solid, as it always is. The fact the secondary has been burned by WOS showed the coaches everything they needed to know about not playing the 1st string corners and safety both ways. I don;t worry much about BH defense, Coach Byrd always has a tough group.

My suprise this year is the obvious lack in size on the offensive line and the lack in depth accross the board. Yes injuries did not help. Our 2nd team and underclass teams are hurting in a bad way. We cant't afford injuries, PERIOD! We also have a new Qb this year who is not as experienced as one would hope for a returning Senior. He was also one heck of a defensive back, so you have to figure he won't play both ways as much as one would hope, if at all. He is a talented kid and will get better at passing the ball and reading defenses. He will do just fine. My other concern in the running back situation. Our running back has had and seems to still have trouble holding on to the ball. It's been a problem for 3 years now and needs to be addressed.

As for scrimmages, they really don't mean much, especially when you are not in a game-like format. BH's secondary got burned by WOS, but if you don't give them a chance against top receivers, then how will you know if they can fill those shoes. We now know they can't and it is time to re-group. I expect to see our district tea look much more like last year on defense.

Barbers Hill might have looked shaky to the average fan that saw them play, but I bet the Coaches got what they wanted out of their scrimmages. They will play Good Defense and will execute their special teams better than their early opponents well enough to win. By week 3 they will have a plan on Offense to match their Defensive strength. Don't think the scrimmages make them a mediocre team. They will be pretty tough.

I predict that BH will be quite unimpressive in the first few games. Then when district starts, they will begin to gel. They will then quietly and efficiently work their way to a District Championship. This team is not world-beaters but they will make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs before meeting their match. Come to think of it, most teams would love to have the above scenario play out for their team! :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics