*Christine Michael Commits To A&M*

KFDM COOP

With no Offensive Line.

What are you talking about...I met the OL coach when they came by to recruit Charlie...he said they are loosing one person off their line...they were young and inexperienced...they'll be tougher this season!

Prime example...Central OLine...they were young last season but came together!  It could happen...a lot can happen in an offseason if they really want it! 

they may be tougher but their talent level isnt going to magically double in one off-season. Its going to take a few years of good recruiting to get the aTm O-line back to even being considered "decent"......but the athletic QB & potential talent at RB could help ease the transition.

Franchione neglected that O-line and they graduated most of their talent after last season, just look at the huge drops in production from Goodson & Lane this season.

aTm will feel the effects of this for at least a couple more seasons. The one positive is Sherman has some decent talent at the offensive skill positions to somewhat ease this down period.

I think most of the drop off was due to the change in system...Lane was their bull doozer and Goodson the HR threat!...In the pro style offense...they changed from a dual threat to a downhill team putting Lane on a short leash...don't get me wrong I don't mind the change in offense, but Michael will only make things  better if he runs between the Tackles!

With no Offensive Line.

What are you talking about...I met the OL coach when they came by to recruit Charlie...he said they are loosing one person off their line...they were young and inexperienced...they'll be tougher this season!

Prime example...Central OLine...they were young last season but came together!  It could happen...a lot can happen in an offseason if they really want it! 

they may be tougher but their talent level isnt going to magically double in one off-season. Its going to take a few years of good recruiting to get the aTm O-line back to even being considered "decent"......but the athletic QB & potential talent at RB could help ease the transition.

Franchione neglected that O-line and they graduated most of their talent after last season, just look at the huge drops in production from Goodson & Lane this season.

aTm will feel the effects of this for at least a couple more seasons. The one positive is Sherman has some decent talent at the offensive skill positions to somewhat ease this down period.

I think most of the drop off was due to the change in system...Lane was their bull doozer and Goodson the HR threat!...In the pro style offense...they changed from a dual threat to a downhill team putting Lane on a short leash...don't get me wrong I don't mind the change in offense, but Michael will only make things  better if he runs between the Tackles!

could be wrong but micheal is a back who's fit for only the spread offense........imagine micheal playing in a central or ozen's offense he probably wouldnt be the back he is today.........so thats another reason i think he made a bad decision on picking aTm to go to school

With no Offensive Line.

could be wrong but micheal is a back who's fit for only the spread offense........imagine micheal playing in a central or ozen's offense he probably wouldnt be the back he is today.........so thats another reason i think he made a bad decision on picking aTm to go to school

You have a god point but he is a prefect blend of speed and power.  Very capable of running inside as well as outside the tackles.  There is a reason he is the #4 RB in the country.

Michael has only played in the spread but he really fits a prostyle offense.  His toughness and his vision will excell in prostyle Offense... The spread O is made for more of a juking back, but the prostyle will be right up the "one cut and go" Michaels alley...  The backfield at A&M isnt as crowded as LSU's or Oklahoma State.  LSU already had three of the top 15 RB signed this year... OK State has a great starter and back-up that are young..  Bradley Stephens, and Cyrus Grey are older and wil still allow Michaels time to shine... They are also not locks to be Starters... McGuffie is another issue but that is speculation for now!

And I know McGuffie is good but he is light and doesn't have the stregnth Michaels does. And he is injury prone, multiple concussions in college are scary for a young player.

Yeah, just ask Derrick Stephens a promising LB at A&M who had to retire from football because of concussions!

And I know McGuffie is good but he is light and doesn't have the stregnth Michaels does. And he is injury prone, multiple concussions in college are scary for a young player.

Can't compare the two...Sam Mac has a year of Big 10 football under his belt...that's pretty salty...he's a 600lb squatter...dude is strong and fast!  He made plays this year but just didn't think it was a good fit with that system!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

From what I've been hearing, Mcguffie is looking at ATM, Texas Tech, TCU, & Oklahoma State. He was clocked on record (combine) at 4.38 for his 40 and I think a 41 inch vertical per Rivals. Dude has some mad skills. He did take some hits (concussions) this year though. He can put some more weight on. I think he is 5' 11" or 6' tall which is good for a RB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont