WOS, here comes Dayton

Guest Jody

We had some Dayton players at the BH game Friday night and they assured me WOS is going to take a beating this weekend. No more scrimmages........... :shock:

Jody, you need to worry about someone else. Thanks for your concern though. :roll:

It should be a good matchup. If we can stop the run, we should be successful. After seeing the defense against Vidor, I feel confident that the Broncs may have a hard time running the ball. Our offense is running on all cylinders and we have been moving the ball pretty good. A big play could happen anytime, but that is not what we rely on.

i'm not worried, because win or lose we just need to see something positive out of this game. of course we want to win, but i think our main goal now is to prepare for our district race. i'm glad to be playing a great team like dayton it will make our kids better in the long run.

...i think our main goal now is to prepare for our district race. i'm glad to be playing a great team like dayton it will make our kids better in the long run.

Good point. It will give both teams a good idea of where they are at (physically, mentally, etc...) going into district play.

Good point. It will give both teams a good idea of where they are at (physically' date=' mentally, etc...) going into district play.[/quote']

thanks bronco1, hey i've been hearing some good things about the offensive and defensive lines for dayton. i hear they are big and fast.

I watched WOS at Vidor. They looked really good for this early in the season. Dayton or any other team needs to control the ball on the ground and eat up as much of the clock as they can to beat em. WOS is not very big, but they are quick. They pick apart a zone defense and then burn you deep. Pound on em up the middle all night long. Control the football, and if you have a good running back or two and a little luck on defense you might walk away with the win. ( They have no depth. )

I doubt WO-S will take a BEATING from anyone, they might lose a game or two, and the difference in the score will be 3 to 7 points.

They might have 28-30 players standing on the sidelines during the star bangled banner, but the 11 they have on the field at any one time, could be starters on any football team

I don't think Dayton will be handing out a BEATING friday night, our defense is going to have to play smart, hit hard and hit often to keep this game from getting out of hand

And we don't need any B.H. people trying to stir up WO-S :wink:

I'm only picking Dayton because they may contend for the title in 22-4A with the powers of Central, PNG, Nederland, Ozen and those pesky fighters from Vidor. One thing for sure you got going is that you play in your back yard So if you want to make a statement to fight for district this will be the test for you. Those Mustangs are nothing to play with because you better believe they will be ready to play football. We have been playing them for years and they are for real year end and out. Now if this game was in Orange you wouldn't have a chance, the refs there doesn't see a thing the mustangs do wrong. Lose this game at home won't kill your season but it will put a downer on trying to take 22-4A..So good luck.....

Guest GoStangs

Why would losing to WOS put a "downer" on their chances of winning district? WOS beat last year's 20-4A champ pretty convincingly, and it didn't seem to slow them down.

I'm only picking Dayton because they may contend for the title in 22-4A with the powers of Central' date=' PNG, Nederland, Ozen and those pesky fighters from Vidor. One thing for sure you got going is that you play in your back yard So if you want to make a statement to fight for district this will be the test for you. Those Mustangs are nothing to play with because you better believe they will be ready to play football. We have been playing them for years and they are for real year end and out. Now if this game was in Orange you wouldn't have a chance, the refs there doesn't see a thing the mustangs do wrong. Lose this game at home won't kill your season but it will put a downer on trying to take 22-4A..So good luck.....[/quote']

Yeah Central Jaguars:

It's amazing how officials from Houston, San Antonio and Dallas all have a bias for WO-S. Hooks really has a lot of clout throughout the state. :roll:

To Go Stangs: If you can not beat a powerhoouse team in your own back yard how do you think you can beat them on the road. If they lose I do believe the pressure will be on. Just the same as if Central loses to Lee it will be on their mind when palying a power on the road. Didn't say the season was over but the pressure will start to grow.

Guest GoStangs

I see.... I read your post as saying if they lost to WOS, they would have trouble, but what you're saying is if they lose to WOS at home they will have problems. That makes more sense to me. :)

Why does Dayton have to win to prove anything. They can lose to WOS and still compete in that district. WOS beat nederland and central last year and probably could have beaten any of the others on any given night. Theres only two teams in that district that I would call a powerhouse so they should be fine win or lose. Unless they get dominated by WOS but I dont see that happening.

First of all KJB I'm not taking anything from WOS they are a very good team and everyone's team in every district has something to prove. If you want to be one the best you got to beat the best, especially at home. And you're right WOS did beat the Jags and Dogs last year but its not like any of those those hadn't beaten WOS before.

Guest GoStangs

I don't think it's the end of the world if Dayton loses, but I tend to agree with Central. Dayton is playing at home, where they should have some advantage; however, if they lose, that won't bode well for them, since they are going to be playing some very good teams in district on the road this year (Ozen, PNG, and Central). Although it's not a complete indication of their future, if they can't beat WOS at home, they may run into some problems in their district road games, as well.

Can't we all just get along! :)

I would like to make a prediction, but I am a newby to the forum and I wouldn't want to have to live it down for ever if we lose. I will say Dayton's talent level is way up this year. It is impossible until all of ya'll see what Dayton puts on the field Friday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder