2008 All-Orange Leader Football Team

KFDM COOP

2008 All-Leader Football Team

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

Here is the 2008 All-Orange Leader Football Team as selected by the Leader sports staff:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Ortavious Hypolite, WO-S

OFFENSIVE MVP: Zane Kachtik, Deweyville

DEFENSIVE MVP: Kevin Robinson, WO-S

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Matt Menard, Bridge City

COACH OF THE YEAR: Dan Hooks, WO-S

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Chris Teinert, Vidor

Running backs: Quintavious Garrett, WO-S; Theron Reynolds, Vidor; Shane Pittman, Vidor

Wide receivers: Trey Franks, WO-S; Jerry Landry, Bridge City; Samuel Burton, LC-M

Offensive line: Eric Arnold, WO-S; Dalton Estes, Deweyville; Kendall Veitch, WO-S; Scotty Utterback, Vidor; Colby Martin, Bridge City

Kicker: Justin Sparrow, WO-S

Utility player: Hunter Gonzales, LC-M

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive Line: Terry Rubin, WO-S; Stephen Cook, WO-S; Channing O’Bannion, Deweyville; Blake Hubbard, Bridge City

Linebackers: Robert Jiles, WO-S; Josh Lynch, WO-S; Matt Johnson, Vidor

Defensive backs: Devin Dart, Vidor; Josh Gloston, WO-S; Carlderyl Dove, WO-S

Punter: Wesley Wiggins, Orangefield

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Josh Lemoine, Bridge City

Running backs: Keeton Addison, Deweyville; Jacob Peevey, Vidor; Chase Parker, Orangefield

Wide receivers: Eric Avila, Deweyville; Luke Rhodes, Bridge City; Joe Dooley, Deweyville

Offensive line: Van Jordan, WO-S; Brian Patton, Vidor; Kendrick Hebert, WO-S; Tyler Whitmire, Orangefield; Hunter Aucoin, Bridge City

Kicker: Devin Bertrand, Bridge City

Utility player: Seth Williams, Deweyville

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive line: Chris Burch, Deweyville; Clay Dunn, LC-M; James Burns, Vidor

Linebackers: Zach Peevey, Orangefield; Howard Griffith, LC-M; Michael Seal, Bridge City; Chad Humphrey, LC-M

Defensive backs: Tre Hester, Vidor; Jake Travis, Vidor; James Haynes, WO-S; Jake Travis, Vidor

Punter: Matt Conn, Vidor

How in the world are these teams picked? Do they actually look @ stats or what? The only thing that really boggles my mind on these picks is 2nd team linebacker. And before any of you start bashing me, I'm not bashing the kid picked. He had nothing to do with these picks...but Zach Peevey was hurt all year and only played in like two games at linebacker for Orangefield and that was in a very limited roll in those few games he played. While Josh Juneau led the team in tackles by a large number and never came off the field all year. He even challenged the school record for most tackles this year and that was in 8 games. If he would have played those other two games he would have broke the record. I feel that this kid has been done wrong by not being on this team. He was also academic all-state and a kid that will finish in the top 2-3 of his class. If your going to put out a list like this, maybe the people putting out the list should do more research. I just don't get it... >:(

We cannot in any way please everyone, we do not even try when putting out these teams. I am not speaking of this certain situation but in general. Every list of every kind whether all district, all state, all any media - people will discuss players who should have been put in.

Media representatives cannot be at every game, know every stat and recognize every player on teams. Media officials do their best to recognize as many teams as we can and hope to avoid as many complications as possible.

• 1 month later...

CONGRATS TO ALL THE HARD WORKERS THAT MADE THIS LIST, AND TO ALL OF YOU WHO DIDNT YOU PLAYED A HUGE PART IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TO MAKE A TEAM AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED O8 AND WORK HARD FOR 09!  AND CHASE PARKER YOUR A ROCKSTAR, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED TO GET TO WATCH YOUR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE!  I LL ALWAYS BE YOUR #1 FAN!  IF YOUR A HATER GO HUG A NUT... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami