Deweyville (6-9) @ Orangefield (10-4) Updates/OF Wins/Comments

KFDM COOP

Only on the schedule once during the regular season, maybe we should just block them from tourneys and invite Duncanville and Oak Hill to the Orangefield Classic.  I am sure that we have had to turn them down but maybe we should make an exception just once so that we can scream to the world that BobKat 05 approves of the schedule or maybe we can run it by you first.

Only on the schedule once during the regular season, maybe we should just block them from tourneys and invite Duncanville and Oak Hill to the Orangefield Classic.  I am sure that we have had to turn them down but maybe we should make an exception just once so that we can scream to the world that BobKat 05 approves of the schedule or maybe we can run it by you first.

::) Sooo sensitive!

I think the OF supporters would like to thank you for you concern for the program and its progress.  Lets not beat around the bush though , I think what wildcatter is sensitive about is that you only come to the boys games when the girls don't play and seem to always, both last year and this year, find something wrong with the way that it is being run.  Last year, we didn't press enough or run up and down the floor enough.  This year, we haven't played a tough enough schedule.  I am sure that when you played in 05 that your schedule was top notch and didn't play any 1As or 2As.  Oh wait a second.  I supported the bobcats then too.  I remember us playing Sabine Pass and I don't remember many 4A being on that schedule.  Seems like we made the playoffs that year.  Look at last year.  I didn't miss a game.  We played the same schedule and established some confidence and team unity during that time.  I talked to coach about the schedule after your last past after SP.  He said that he tried to schedule people, but dates didn't match up or they didn't want to play us (no open dates). It takes two to tango.  We will see you after the holidays though while we are playing in East Chambers against good competition.  Or maybe at Coldspring or Kelly.  Oh no probably not.  The girls will be playing. 

I think the OF supporters would like to thank you for you concern for the program and its progress.  Lets not beat around the bush though , I think what wildcatter is sensitive about is that you only come to the boys games when the girls don't play and seem to always, both last year and this year, find something wrong with the way that it is being run.  Last year, we didn't press enough or run up and down the floor enough.  This year, we haven't played a tough enough schedule.  I am sure that when you played in 05 that your schedule was top notch and didn't play any 1As or 2As.  Oh wait a second.  I supported the bobcats then too.  I remember us playing Sabine Pass and I don't remember many 4A being on that schedule.  Seems like we made the playoffs that year.  Look at last year.  I didn't miss a game.  We played the same schedule and established some confidence and team unity during that time.  I talked to coach about the schedule after your last past after SP.  He said that he tried to schedule people, but dates didn't match up or they didn't want to play us (no open dates). It takes two to tango.  We will see you after the holidays though while we are playing in East Chambers against good competition.  Or maybe at Coldspring or Kelly.  Oh no probably not.  The girls will be playing. 

I also left before the game started, I made plans and forgot all about them...still paid 3 dollars for nothing  >:( but while I did sit and watch the JV (the last 2 quarters) play a PARENT of the varsity told me this was going to be the 3rd time WE played Deweyville...and before you get all paniced, I am also aware WE played them in tournaments. 

So as my original post stated...

The JV game was 68-6 or 8...

I think this is the 3rd time these two teams have played.

So...I was right wasn't I..3rd time..ok thought so...

You are VERY welcome, but before you want to call me out by my name on here, I suggest you do the same. I would say judging by your name on here bballgod, and by some of the posts you have made, I know EXCATLY who you are which makes you telling me how things ARE that much better!

If you are..which I assume you are.. on this years team then you saw me WORKING the Orangefield Tournament for both the guys and girls side, you also saw me at one of the scrimmages for the guys KEEPING the clock when I just came to watch. Oh I wasn't paid either for any of that. So please believe I bleed Orange Mr. BBALLGOD.

Of course I go to the girls game, MY SISTER PLAYS. Why would I miss it to see the guys play?  ::)

We still don't press, and I still have a 'problem' with it.

I do remember playing East Chambers twice that year (05), first time it was there, second time it was at the BC tournament.  We won both...That same 2A team was RANKED and went to the Regional Final only to lose to Kountze, who I believe won state. 

I am WELL aware of how schedules work, and I am also aware it takes two to tango, thank you for your wonderful insight on it.

Do not question MY loyalty to Orangefield and ANY Orangefield program or team...You apparently only know me by my name which you decided to inform everyone of..I'll be waiting for a mesaage to confirm what I already assume on who you are. 

Last thing, since you love reading what I post so much, why don't you go through and look at all the good..wonderful..aspiring things I have said about this years team..

No one questioning loyalty, just don't see the same comments about the other team.  Half of the teams the girls have played could not even get the ball up court against them yet no complaints.  I understand that they were larger schools but we also know the talent level as well.  Just read about Central in BC tourney how they have nothing to gain by playing there, just that sometimes it is very difficult to find games that are going to help you get ready.  Would it be better if the posts were about OF being 4-10 because they played a tough schedule?  The fans and parents then would be questioning everything about that, just look at football.  Bottom line is we have a program that has improved alot but still has a ways to go.  As I said before we play the best teams across Texas in the summer and take the hits.  Nothing wrong with getting some confidence.  As for the press comment, do you honestly think it would be wise to press Silsbee, HJ, WOS or do we need it against the others?  Have a merry christmas!

Go look at the thread about BC, I asked if they played any 4A teams too.. It's not JUST Orangefield that I make comments about thats just the only theads you read because its about your team...

And trust me I have complained about the girls scheudle a lot! I acually just found something I printed earlier in the season about who the girls were going to play highlighted all the RIDICLOUS games we were going to play...The Orangefield Touny needs to be moved and not be played the same weekend as the YMBL that would help a lot...

And acually yes I think pressing HJ would be a very good idea, they are young and may get nervous with a lot of pressure same thing with WOS.  When I played we pressed every game no matter what, thats just how I think and thats how I was coached.

It is seriously NOT that big of a deal what I think, but thank you both for making me feel like my opinion really matters  ;D

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Guest bleed orange

I think I will call " Major Pain" to fix this problem. He was excellent in the field of "Sensitivity". In 2005 we did play a soft schedule and it worked. That group never had a winning season when they were young. I think it is different for different groups of kids. The main thing is winning brings confidence and sometimes confidence can carry you a long way. It did with the 2005 group. The thing that was so impressive about that group was, they were not expected to win. The kids now are. The 2005 group set the bar and now the boys program is responding. Our boys program has come a long way. I know, I played. Want me to tell you about the little engine that could?  ;D Orangefield is not a "Easy Win" anymore and won't be for a while. That is a good thing. Who would of ever though. Actually I think the boys program has been competitive since 2000. Correct me if I am wrong. 

Guest bleed orange

Quote from "Wildcatter". Half of the teams the girls have played could not even get the ball up court against them yet no complaints.  I understand that they were larger schools but we also know the talent level as well.

I agree with you, but I have to defend the girls. For one thing, How many teams in this area are a quality opponent , I would say this year only 4 maybe 5. I think the economy has a lot to do with the scheduling of the girls. In order to play quality teams you have to travel out of the golden triangle. Yes I know we played Conroe. That was one game. Yes we are going to Livingston. But I think overall the schools budget has something to do with it. In the golden triangle the boy have way more talented teams. That is not the case in the girls. The girls are dealt a different hand.

Agree with you bleedorange, not a slap against the girls they have a solid team and alot of people don't like to play them.  Similar situation with the boys now.  Just look at the BC thread dogging Central, people are complaining that they have no business in the tourney.  It is very difficult to look into the crystal ball to see what a team could be next year.  If you look we have normally been in the BC tourney but got out of it to try and play tougher competition in tourneys.  We had Vidor and Nederland scheduled for our tourney this year and they dropped out. Who else locally does that leave us to play other than Memorial, Ozen, Central?  We will have played most people around here before district starts. On the question of pressing, did you beat WOS, HJ, Silsbee and those teams that year?  You have to consider the team first.  This is the first year in a long time that we have had more than 7  or 8 players as well.  Full court man can be a press at least the last time I looked.  It also does not take as long to teach.

Guest bleed orange

Agree with you bleedorange, not a slap against the girls they have a solid team and alot of people don't like to play them.  Similar situation with the boys now.  Just look at the BC thread dogging Central, people are complaining that they have no business in the tourney.  It is very difficult to look into the crystal ball to see what a team could be next year.  If you look we have normally been in the BC tourney but got out of it to try and play tougher competition in tourneys.  We had Vidor and Nederland scheduled for our tourney this year and they dropped out. Who else locally does that leave us to play other than Memorial, Ozen, Central?  We will have played most people around here before district starts. On the question of pressing, did you beat WOS, HJ, Silsbee and those teams that year?  You have to consider the team first.  This is the first year in a long time that we have had more than 7  or 8 players as well.  Full court man can be a press at least the last time I looked.  It also does not take as long to teach.

I agree " Wildcatter". I say let the coaches, coach. Maybe they don't have a team that can press or maybe they don't have a team that can play man to man. They know. The parents do not. As a coach you have to adapt to the talent you have and so far in the basketball program the coaches have done a excellent job. We are winning and that is all that matters.  Remember times were bad for a long time. Not any more, GO BOBCATS!!!!!!! I will tell you this,(Girls) the zone press was the best defense for last years team and this years team.  Coach Jost did a good job wether parents agreed with it or not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder