Lake Travis vs. Longview predicitons

Why should we hope for anything, but a great game!  Please there is nothing here that is meant to justify any loss.  A loss is a loss, anyway you slice it.  I've basically been about half of the LT games throughout the season, and the same for LV, I will say honestly they are both great teams!  However for anyone to say that either squad has a better chance to win than the other is ludicrous!  It would be obvious that YOU haven't seen both teams to play, to even make that statement.  If you are being OBJECTIVE then you can't make that call...and yes LV would have done exactly what LT did with their schedule.  LV has not lost a district championship in the past 5 seasons(4 of those in 5A!), and have won 26 in their history, most of those years in the top classification.   I watch football not to root for a team, but for the love of the game.  So I make statements based on fact...and you know that a 10% chance to win is ridiculous!

Yeah man, I just get on boards and talk junk...I've never seen either team play nor do I know anything about football.  Oh, and I'm a LT Honk too so I can't be objective.  You've got me pegged...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should we hope for anything, but a great game!  Please there is nothing here that is meant to justify any loss.  A loss is a loss, anyway you slice it.  I've basically been about half of the LT games throughout the season, and the same for LV, I will say honestly they are both great teams!  However for anyone to say that either squad has a better chance to win than the other is ludicrous!  It would be obvious that YOU haven't seen both teams to play, to even make that statement.  If you are being OBJECTIVE then you can't make that call...and yes LV would have done exactly what LT did with their schedule.  LV has not lost a district championship in the past 5 seasons(4 of those in 5A!), and have won 26 in their history, most of those years in the top classification.  I watch football not to root for a team, but for the love of the game.  So I make statements based on fact...and you know that a 10% chance to win is ridiculous!

Yeah man, I just get on boards and talk junk...I've never seen either team play nor do I know anything about football.  Oh, and I'm a LT Honk too so I can't be objective.  You've got me pegged...

Not sure what you mean by LT Honk?  But...Didn't say you didn't know anything abt football but you obviously haven't seen both of these teams play as I have throughout the season!  If you had you would know that either team is highly capable of winning this game!  Again to spout anything else is ludicrous!!

Umm come back on Sunday and lets see how you feel about all of this.....trust me...its not just Gilbert.  They are the best and although I agree with you on everything else you say, you just have to see them play- they are in a league of their own- trust me on that.  You will see for yourself come Saturday....

I don't know much about LV really but I know tons about LT and have seen them play- they dominate and make it look incredibly easy- you won't know what hit you!!!

I will be back on Sunday, regardless of outcome of the game...as I stated before I have seen them play several times this year in person, so I'm not just saying things to be saying them...League of Their Own...Don't Think So...maybe you should get out more!

The one thing that seems to get overlooked in all of this was that Dayton's defense last year WAS THE #1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS REGARDLESS OF DIVISION.  They had 4 or 5 shut-outs...can't remember.  Point is that LT has seen "Great" defenses like Longview and it just doesn't matter...they will do what they do and you will not stop it.  FW put it best...Novacain...next thing you know you're down by 35.

I think all of you know the game of football.But don't base it on what you saw in FW's D.They played better in the playoffs.They have never been known for great D.I have watch them for many years.Football in east Texas is a little more physical.No one is unbeatable and LV may have the athletes to keep up with them.Speed kills in football and that is something I know they have.

Why should we hope for anything, but a great game!  Please there is nothing here that is meant to justify any loss.  A loss is a loss, anyway you slice it.  I've basically been about half of the LT games throughout the season, and the same for LV, I will say honestly they are both great teams!  However for anyone to say that either squad has a better chance to win than the other is ludicrous!  It would be obvious that YOU haven't seen both teams to play, to even make that statement.  If you are being OBJECTIVE then you can't make that call...and yes LV would have done exactly what LT did with their schedule.  LV has not lost a district championship in the past 5 seasons(4 of those in 5A!), and have won 26 in their history, most of those years in the top classification.   I watch football not to root for a team, but for the love of the game.  So I make statements based on fact...and you know that a 10% chance to win is ridiculous!

Not sure what you mean by LT Honk?  But...Didn't say you didn't know anything abt football but you obviously haven't seen both of these teams play as I have throughout the season!  If you had you would know that either team is highly capable of winning this game!   Again to spout anything else is ludicrous!!

Well, I guess I'm ludicrous then.....Just remember that LT isn't Midway or Guyer (no disrespect intended) and both of those teams gave LV all they wanted and more...

Another LT dad here although my son graduated last year after starting on the 07 championship team.  I am really looking forward to the game.  LT is certainly not unbeatable and have had some tight games - Steele and Alice come to mind.  That said, they are very well coached, very experienced and have played in all types of circumstances. 

One thing that is constantly amusing is the notion that invariably comes up before a game that "you haven't played against our caliber of athletes."  Last year this was very popular ahead of the Dayton game and frankly none of us knew how they would match up.  Needless to say, by now I have quit worrying.  LT is plenty good enough to match up with anyone. 

The Longview matchup should be a great game.  Knowledgeable folks in the program have discussed a potential LV title game matchup since the playoffs began, and here we are.  Best of luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics