Last-minute thriller sends Broncos to state

KFDM COOP

I'll say this.  I was at the game and I saw only 1 call a thought was "bad".

what the crowd sees from the stands and what you see on the sideline are completely different...there were 3 calls, personal foul calls, that were completely superfluous...two of them involved players tripping over downed players, no pushing, no shoving...

Refs have a hard job, no doubt...but if you're not sure, you can't throw the flags...and they weren't sure, they were just showing precaution...you've got to let the kids play!!!

You can turn that same comment around and it is just as valid.  What you see on the sideline and what you see from an elevated position are completely different.

There is a reason coaches climb stairs and sit in the pressbox and it is not because they want to tone their calves.

There is no statewide conspiracy be referees, and there was no agenda Saturday.  Dayton won and gets to play for a state title next week.  Be happy about it.

At the end of the day complaining about refs is a loser's game and Dayton are winners.

C'mon man...how can it be a discussion board without complaining about the refs.  If you think the refs are truly objective...well I'd just say it's highly unlikely you get 6 people together that have a truly neutral view of the players and both teams.  Two pointer looked good from where I was sitting...had his hands under the ball.  It was on the opposite side of the stadium.  Three personal fouls and the pass interference happened DIRECTLY in front of me.  1 of them was marginal but could have been called, 1 of them was bad, and the late hit out of bounds was unacceptable.  PI...um, um, I could see it maybe, but I just thought that was a no call.  Ball behind the receiver almost uncatchable, both going for the ball. 

I have a saying thats it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.Tivy was lucky all evening at Georgetown.They were holding and blocking in the back without a single call.Talk about breaks-9 yd.punt into the wind gives them 1st and goal at the 1 to tie it at 14 before halftime.Later they gang tackle A.J after a 30 yd.run and they strip A.J of the ball to set up their next td.I believe as a defensive player that is your job to tackle and cause turnovers.Let them whine a little bit they got back what they dished out.I promise you that if any Bronco was to get caught drinking beer Coach Stewart would dismiss that person from the team for the year.In the comments I read that there is some Tivy faithful who feel Colton Palmer their QB should have NOT been allowed to play another Tivy game for that infraction.He was suspended for 2 games for it.

sorry...read the story and then read the comments...make a "user name" if you have to...they are REALLY bitter...

This is the hidden content, please

bunch of babies... One of those guys is jumping on the sulphur springs band wagon.

I would like to say that the Tivy players really acted with class after the game at the end of the line to shake hands: there were lots of hugs and seemingly sincere words to Cody after kicking the game winner.

The Tivy fans however think because the won in total yardage that they won the game. IMO, our mistakes made the game closer than it needed to be. As far as the guy saying cody looked like he should play at JUCO.... who made the throws when it counted and who's team got stuffed 2 or more times in the red zone?

sorry...read the story and then read the comments...make a "user name" if you have to...they are REALLY bitter...

This is the hidden content, please

bunch of babies... One of those guys is jumping on the sulphur springs band wagon.

I would like to say that the Tivy players really acted with class after the game at the end of the line to shake hands: there were lots of hugs and seemingly sincere words to Cody after kicking the game winner.

The Tivy fans however think because the won in total yardage that they won the game. IMO, our mistakes made the game closer than it needed to be. As far as the guy saying cody looked like he should play at JUCO.... who made the throws when it counted and who's team got stuffed 2 or more times in the red zone?

You could also say who is moving on and who is going home. Congratulations to Dayton from WOS. You can win by 1 or 100 and you still move on. Losing on the last play of the game is still a loss. If you don't believe it ask the University of Texas.

7Mary3 I was at every game last year.Waller game was a great one.Best hit I ever saw by John Gable-Impact very loud and helmet flying.

Man that was a hard hitting game.  The Brenham game reminded me of that game last year except for the score.  I hope on saturday the defense will be cranking on all cylinders and knock some heads off!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83