PNG coaching position.......check this out

PNG1992

I hope this isn't true. I do not think Long is the man that can turn the program around.

How do you know he couldn't turn it around?

I don't know, anything is possible. Look at Dodges record before he went to Southlake Carroll( not real impressive). Long just hasn't done anything to impress me other than the 1998 and 1999 PNG teams which were loaded with talent. As far as all the talk that he will develop QB's, I didn't see proof of any other QB's except his son that was that great. He hasn't done anything at Kelly except beat a team that was one of the top in the country the year before, which doesn't mean much. Take a look at the 99 Indians and then 2000 Indians. I just don't feel we will be any better off than we are now. I think we can get much better. By much better ,I mean someone with a proven record. Long doesn't have much of a proven record yet.I'm not sure our school board is really trying to get the best we can get so who knows. Now with all that being said, if we don't get much apply and Long ends up being the one with the best resume' then he will have my support.I just don't see us not getting a better applicant.

I hope this isn't true. I do not think Long is the man that can turn the program around.

How do you know he couldn't turn it around?

I don't know, anything is possible. Look at Dodges record before he went to Southlake Carroll( not real impressive). Long just hasn't done anything to impress me other than the 1998 and 1999 PNG teams which were loaded with talent. As far as all the talk that he will develop QB's, I didn't see proof of any other QB's except his son that was that great. He hasn't done anything at Kelly except beat a team that was one of the top in the country the year before, which doesn't mean much. Take a look at the 99 Indians and then 2000 Indians. I just don't feel we will be any better off than we are now. I think we can get much better. By much better ,I mean someone with a proven record. Long doesn't have much of a proven record yet.I'm not sure our school board is really trying to get the best we can get so who knows. Now with all that being said, if we don't get much apply and Long ends up being the one with the best resume' then he will have my support.I just don't see us not getting a better applicant.

Look at Fazio and Prewitts numbers..... his last two qb's at kelly.....  for their skill level, he developed them into pretty darn good players....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124