Who to look out for in powerlifting this year.Girls and Boys

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sports Cards

What are the Weight Classes?? i hope to do good even though im comin off a broke arm from football :'(

but, i was just wondering what the classes are im a freshmen and its my first year to powerlift so ya...

275+

You can check out this website to see about where you would rank with your 3 lift total.

http://www.austinautomation.com/powerlifting/regionalrankings/report.asp

Guest Powerlifting

What would be a good avg. weight for the women`s 148 pound weight class?

To compete at an Invitational

225 to 250 Squat

115 to 130 Bench

230 to 260 Deadlift

To compete at Regionals

275 to 315 Squat

125 to 150 Bench

270 to 300 Deadlift

To compete at State

320 to 350 Squat

140 to 170 Bench

335 to 370 Deadlift

Guest Powerlifting

Im new in power lifting this is my daughters first year can any one give me some info on this sport? 

[/quote

What kind of info do you need?

Power Lifting is a great stand-alone sport.  There are some real spin-offs however for other sports.  Example: Sarah McClure was a young Bridge City girl who just played JV softball as an add-on sport last year.  She loves her lifting also.

She is dedicated to those two sports jointly.  The weights must have helped her as she caught fire at bat for the JV, getting one HR and eight Triples and more: ending the last half of the season with a .800+ plus batting average.  Will Sarah end up the 2nd base on down the way?  One thing is sure she looks like a good candidate for the DH if the new Coach allows the bat to be use for power hitting-- maybe her Junior and Senior seasons for the Varsity.

I like power lifting for girls if it is taught by someone that has good training in the dos-and-don'ts of body mechanics.  It can enhance an athletes performance potential!

Who are the power lifters from each school and what grades are they presently in?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a freshman at Shepherd High School, and I believe I could make regional, but my dad says a lot of the lifters "sandbag" at the beginning of the season, but I also looked at the ones from last year and their lifts didn’t seem very far out of reach either.

So, I was just wondering what kind of total lift you think I would I need to make regional and state in the 242s.  8)

Guest Powerlifting

I’m a freshman at Shepherd High School, and I believe I could make regional, but my dad says a lot of the lifters "sandbag" at the beginning of the season, but I also looked at the ones from last year and their lifts didn’t seem very far out of reach either.

So, I was just wondering what kind of total lift you think I would I need to make regional and state in the 242s.  8)

To make it to Regionals depends on how many kids are competing in your weight class this year. It should be around 1100 or so for the 3 lift total to make it to Regionals.

Last year the two lifters in the 242 that made it to State did over 1650 three lift total for one and close to 1500 for the other. You'll probably need to squat around 600lbs, bench about 340lbs, and Deadlift around 550lbs to make it to state this year in that weight class.

To make it to Regionals depends on how many kids are competing in your weight class this year. It should be around 1100 or so for the 3 lift total to make it to Regionals.

Last year the two lifters in the 242 that made it to State did over 1650 three lift total for one and close to 1500 for the other. You'll probably need to squat around 600lbs, bench about 340lbs, and Deadlift around 550lbs to make it to state this year in that weight class.

WOW. That's alot. Lol.

There are plenty of 1A powerlifters

Evadale, West Hardin, High Island and Hull-Daisetta have teams.

Chance Burnett of Evadale could make waves all the way to state this year. The Rebels have 16 guys on their team. It has been a huge help for the football team as most of the lifters are football players too.

Keep an eye out 1A kids are just as into powerlifting as any other classiification is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn