Should HS Football Have Instant Replay?

Guest Indian Chief

Should HS Football Have Instant Replay?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should HS Football Have Instant Replay?

• Yes
    • No

Like BD04 , It would be nice to have this in Playoff Games , most of the time once you get to regional games there are stadiums that have the equipment. And this is typically where you start getting close games that could be decided by a bad call.  I've sure seen some bad calls this year as well as no-calls , which even replay would not help you with. I also agree with one of the other bloggers that at this level mistakes are part of the game -  I would have added , players mistakes , not referee's mistakes.

Before spending tens of thousands of dollars on replay equipment how about adding two more officials in the playoffs.  NFL, NCAA and NAIA all use seven officials for every game.  Why not high school playoffs?  The coverage is much better and the cost would be comparatively negligible.  But you would be subjecting the teams to two more possible errors in judgement. ;) ;)

• 4 months later...
Guest ECBucFan

OF COURSE high schools should have instant reply! EVERY SINGLE HIGH SCHOOL, from 5A down to six-man out in west Texas, absolutely NEEDS A MULTI-MILLION JUMBOTRON, and tons of high tech, freeze frame state of the art digital video recording equipment to do the play reviews.

Also, we need to provide EACH AND EVERY high school, all the way down to six-man, their own private LeerJet to travel whenever and wherever they want. The kids all NEED their own sports agent, media rep, and team of attorneys. Also, we should provide each school regardless of size, a domed, air-conditioned practice field, with strech Limo's (and armed security personnel) waiting outside the training facility to bring the kids home in style.

I am sick and tired of how shabbily we treat our 16 year old future NFL stars, and we need to do something about it NOW!   

I asked a ref about that one time and he said that the schools could never afford it.

What I think is needed is one extra referee on the squad that can sit in the press box and see things the others can't, radioing the call down to the referee. All you would need is an in-ear monitor device like musicians use.

I agree about the schools could never afford "to do it right".

As for asking an extra referee to sit in the press box and be expected to see things that officials on the field can't . . . man I'm not real sure what kind of eagle-eyed official would qualify for that.  Some of the AA and AAA stadiums with pressboxes only twenty rows up aren't too far away.  What about the larger 4A and 5A schools with pressboxes where falcons nest?  Even an extra official on sidelines would probably be too far away see something that is happening right in front of a field ref. 

Everyone seen the Central "fumble" photos yet?   Those two or three photo frames are probably being shot from a pro camera shooting 4-6 frames a second.  Way less than a 1/4 of a second between being down and a loose football.   That is too much to close for any official on the spot to call, much less someone 100, 200 or 300 feet away.   That's taking into consideration the ref even had the right angle to see the play.   Just because a photog with a 200mm lens and a 12 meg camera had the angle doesn't mean anyone else was able to view it the same.

My humble opinion. . . no high school replay for several reasons ( $, $, $, and more $ ) and the refs are doing the best they can and a fine job at that.

See ya on the field

OT , Hey VG, you doin all of the Ned games this year?

Guest ThisChris

The logistics of setting that up would be a Video technical nightmare.  It wouldn't work.

We don't have multiple crews of highly trained professionals with millions of dollars worth of state of the art video equipment at every game.

Even if you set something up it wouldn't work very well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476