Bridge City Defeats Deweyville 75-73

On tuesday December 9th the Bridge City Cardinals Traveled to Deweyville and Defeated the

Pirates (3&5) on a last second buzzer beater 75 to 73.  In a game that saw the score go back in fourth during the final two quarters the Cardinals erased a 5 point lead to pull out the Victory.  The story of the night for the Pirates was Dalton Estes with 25pts and 17 rebounds.

Score by quarter

DV  22  42  62  73

BC  29  47  59  75

Deweyville Stats

Dalton Estes      25pts, 17 rebounds, 1 steal

Colby Caswell      22pts, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks

Garrett Haney    11pts, 5 rebounds, 3 steals

Keeton Addison    7pts, 8 rebounds, 4 assists

Dylan McGlothin    3pts, 4 rebounds

Eric Avilla            2pts, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals

Caden Thompson  2pts

Michael Williams    1pt

Tremendous game by both clubs.  Last year our young men defeated them on a last second shot in overtime at their place and this year they defeat our club the same way at our house.  I believe that both teams improved tonight.  We wish Bridge City the very best.

Had BC played any 4 or 5A schools?

OF did lose to a 4A last night if this is your comparison. OF did beat us but it will be different when Reynolds returns with his 18 ppg and sound defense.  He makes us a very difficult team to defend on the offensive end and plays incredible defense.  It's like taking Hayes away from OF and you become very average. OF schedule is a mirror image of BC's to this point. BC is 9-2 and we are very proud of our youngsters and so looking forward to district.  Appears the #2 and #3 spots are for the taking with HJ having trouble with LC-M all the way to OT and by the way BC beat LC-M by 30.

First of all, you didn't beat LCM by 30.  Score was 69-56.  I believe that is 13.  Still a good win.  LCM is obviously playing much better since that game though.  They beat HF by 51 and almost beat HJ.  Also, BC beat Lumberton and LCM and lost to PNG.  OF lost to Barbers Hill and Nederland.  The 4As are very different.  Also, don't compare Reynolds to Hayes.  There is no comparison.  I am sure that Reynolds is a good player for you, but seriously.  He doesn't average 18 a game.  He scored 20 against LCM.  That was his best game.  Don't get me wrong.  BC has improved.  They play as a team this year.  You are moving in the right direction.  You never know what might happen once district starts. 

Guest ST4life

First of all, you didn't beat LCM by 30.  Score was 69-56.  I believe that is 13.  Still a good win.  LCM is obviously playing much better since that game though.  They beat HF by 51 and almost beat HJ.  Also, BC beat Lumberton and LCM and lost to PNG.  OF lost to Barbers Hill and Nederland.  The 4As are very different.  Also, don't compare Reynolds to Hayes.  There is no comparison.  I am sure that Reynolds is a good player for you, but seriously.  He doesn't average 18 a game.  He scored 20 against LCM.  That was his best game.  Don't get me wrong.  BC has improved.  They play as a team this year.  You are moving in the right direction.  You never know what might happen once district starts. 

we know that both Oarngefield and BC are not going to beat Silsbee :o :o :o :o

Guest tigersvoice

we know that both Oarngefield and BC are not going to beat Silsbee :o :o :o :o

ST4life, I realize you're just having some fun with this, but let the Tigers Team do the talking.  Don't jump into someone else's conversation with a comment that has no bearing on the conversation.  In other words, act like you've been there before.

No comparison made between the two kids but BC was down 3 at the half against OF and with Reynolds in the line up changes the game no doubt about it.  Hayes is a good player but let's not get to carried away. Check the stats on Reynolds and get right back to me on the PPG. Like I said mirror schedules between the two schools in same tourney's against same teams in the same gyms.  OF will be competing for the same spots as BC with no advantage and we are looking forward to district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami