27-13 LC                                     40-0 Orangefield

21- 7 WO B                                 30-0 Ned white

common opponents

18-0 W             L. Cypress            34-6 W

13-0 W             Lum. blue             41-0 W

14-0 W            orangefield            36-6 W

7-13 L            Ned. white             30-0 W 

All of this means nothing come sat. @ 5:00

Based on those numbers, it does not suprise me that Nederland did not give up any points. The suprise is they were held to 8 points.

Good job by both teams.

The new Stat is (BEAUMONT)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What???? Not sure what that means.

Its simple you add up the fact that you just enabled an association to build four teams out of approx. 6,000 kids league age estimated from the 21oo+ they have in West Brook plus the 900+ in Kelly high school all from the west end minus the fact that nederland has approx. 2800 league age kids = Beaumont.

We went down that road and until you live it there is no explaining.

We restricted them to building teams per elementary which made them a 3a size school, and they were a quality organization but when they could not dominate they went back to Houston, its as simple as this no one around here can compete against that kind of talent draw unless you bring in all of Port Arthur or combine all of Nederland and Port Neches-Groves.

• 2 weeks later...

Its simple you add up the fact that you just enabled an association to build four teams out of approx. 6,000 kids league age estimated from the 21oo+ they have in West Brook plus the 900+ in Kelly high school all from the west end minus the fact that nederland has approx. 2800 league age kids = Beaumont.

We restricted them to building teams per elementary which made them a 3a size school, and they were a quality organization but when they could not dominate they went back to Houston, its as simple as this no one around here can compete against that kind of talent draw unless you bring in all of Port Arthur or combine all of Nederland and Port Neches-Groves.

You bring Beaumont and your 8 million kids and tell them to come and get some of this. Crunching numbers scares no organization in the STJFL.

cap'n, you dont have to win championships to enjoy football. Kids get better by playing better competition. From my understanding, Beaumont is in because they were limited in the schools. I think is it is south west beaumont only. So 1/4 of beaumont is in the STJFL.

You bring Beaumont and your 8 million kids and tell them to come and get some of this. Crunching numbers scares no organization in the STJFL.

::)

Guest sly0071

We live in the 77706 zip code in Beaumont and tried to register our son to play, but were told because we send him to a school other than the one we are zoned for, he isn't eligible.  Do some of you have kids in private schools or charter schools that are allowed to play in your area? 

Sly,

You don't sent you child to a private school if this is who I think it is.  That is the reason your son is being denied as was explained at the board meeting.  Please don't come on here and start a bunch of mess.  There are a lot of kids in the STJFL that go to private schools that play in the district that they live in. But there are none that attend another public school and play in a different district.  At least none that we currently know about, nothing is perfect.  Please accept the fact that we are going to follow our bylaws on this.  We can revisit it during the off season, but for now it is a dead issue.  Thanks for understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sly0071

GoneSouth,

I didn't think my question was worded to start any "mess", it certainly wasn't my intention so I truly apologize if its intent was perceived as such.  I don't think I am the same person you are thinking of because I didn't attend a board meeting or anything. The situation was clarified a day after I had posted my question here by a prompt response from an email by me to the league.  Our boys are looking forward to playing in what seems to be a well organized and well run league and on a team with fellow neighborhood kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest astrosfan75956

isnt it a little early for youth superbowl predictions considering thats not for another 4-5 months. give me a break.

Guest astrosfan75956

whats next yall are going to be setting spreads and betting on these games. lets tease it down to -3 and ill take the under. these are young kids just let them play.

• 2 weeks later...

cap'n, you dont have to win championships to enjoy football. Kids get better by playing better competition. From my understanding, Beaumont is in because they were limited in the schools. I think is it is south west beaumont only. So 1/4 of beaumont is in the STJFL.

The numbers i gave you were for a 1/4 they are based on just westbrook and football is fun in a good game if you did loose but a whole lot more fun to win but i guess you forgot that cause it has been awhile since Royal and Franklin coached.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GoneSouth - the rules/bylaws are one thing... Beaumont has 1 flag, 1 PeeWee, 2 Jr and 1 Sr team this season... The PeeWee team barely has enuf to have 11 on the field may have 3 kids sitting out each play every week..  They lost alot of 7-8 year old kids because they live in the 77706 zip code and they are zoned to the right school but because they aren't home schooled, private schooled or attend the school in which they are zoned because their parents teach outside of Beaumont so they take them to school with them in order not to have to pay for before/after school care the kids are being punished and aren't being allowed to play.  They aren't trying to play out of district they are trying to play in the district in which they live. I didn't read anything in the bylaws that said you can't play in the district in which you are zoned but these kids aren't allowed and their is not an alternate team for them to play in the league.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics