What's up in 23AA

whsalum

This has been one of the best Basketball districts in the state over the last 8-10 years.What in the heck is going on this year.Anahuac is the only club with a winning record at 4-2.Kountze has a sub 500 record but they are playing pretty good clubs.The rest of the clubs are a combined 6/25.Looks like a tough season in this district.After watching the weekend tournaments I gotta revisit my picks.What do yall think??

1-Anahuac-If they keep their players healthy and elgible they could win it.

2-Kountze-They are getting beat by good clubs.Need to get Walker back on the block.

3-Deweyville-Gets the 3rd spot if Caswell stays healthy.They are beating the folks they should beat.

4-EC-Most disappointing so far.A couple of solid players but are getting beat by teams they shouldn't.

5-Warren-Very inconsistant.Can play with 3 thru 7 or get beat by 30 you never know with this group.

6-Buna-They finally escape the cellar.

7-Hardin-I knew they would miss Marsh,Noland and Davis but I didn't see this coming.

I think Anahuac and Kountze will split.The rest of the clubs will beat each other up and the 3rd place club could easily have 6 losses.Unfortunately I don't see a deep playoff run this year for anyone of these clubs.New Waverly and Newton get the nod to get to the regional tourney from this area. :-\ :-\ :-\

This has been one of the best Basketball districts in the state over the last 8-10 years.What in the heck is going on this year.Anahuac is the only club with a winning record at 4-2.Kountze has a sub 500 record but they are playing pretty good clubs.The rest of the clubs are a combined 6/25.Looks like a tough season in this district.After watching the weekend tournaments I gotta revisit my picks.What do yall think??

2-Kountze-They are getting beat by good clubs.Need to get Walker back on the block.

3-Deweyville-Gets the 3rd spot if Caswell stays healthy.They are beating the folks they should beat.

4-EC-Most disappointing so far.A couple of solid players but are getting beat by teams they shouldn't.

5-Warren-Very inconsistant.Can play with 3 thru 7 or get beat by 30 you never know with this group.

7-Hardin-I knew they would miss Marsh,Noland and Davis but I didn't see this coming.

I think Anahuac and Kountze will split.The rest of the clubs will beat each other up and the 3rd place club could easily have 6 losses.Unfortunately I don't see a deep playoff run this year for anyone of these clubs.New Waverly and Newton get the nod to get to the regional tourney from this area. :-\ :-\ :-\

YOU ARE RIGHT WHSALUM

i agree with this except for the top 2 picks kountze still goes through the district without a loss

I thought the same thing going in to the season but Anahuac looks to be much improved this year.They are playing a quality schedule to get ready for the Lions.The next week to 10 days will tell a lot about them but I think they will be able to compete with the Lions(the only club in the ditrict this year that can).Kountze will be more physical on the press but Anahuac will shoot the ball better.It will be a fun game to watch.I can see a split and another playin game at the Montagne coming in February.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont