Dayton vs Rosenberg Terry at Woodforest Nat'l Bank Stadium

I tend to agree with you bandgeek. I think this Terry defense is pretty stout. If they're able to take away the run and force the Broncos into passing for first downs, it could spell trouble. Couple that with the possibility of rain or a wet field, and we could have a low scoring affair. I still think Dayton is the better team and should win this ball game. I just won't be surprised if we don't hit our scoring average of 40+.

One thing that puzzles me about Terry is that 21 - 7 loss to Bay City. ??? ???

we have got to wear down that defense of theirs. open their defense up. going to be a good test for our broncos. see you at the game hawkeye.  ;D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will wear em' down. I'm sure coach Stewart has a plan for that.  One thing about these 2008 Broncos is, they seem to rise up to adversity better than some teams in the past. Just when you think their offense is out of sync or the defense is a little loose, then BAM! The D stuffs em and the offense explodes. The last two playoff games for example. I'll see you all at the game!! All 5000+ ??

GO BRONCOS!!!!

that figures.....they're probably looking at that silly old budget too close again. Somebody go in there and tell them to think BIG! Advertising$$$$!!! :o All the new improvements to the stadium and we're gonna have some crappy little "Lite Brite" (To steal someone else's description)

I tend to agree with you bandgeek. I think this Terry defense is pretty stout. If they're able to take away the run and force the Broncos into passing for first downs, it could spell trouble. Couple that with the possibility of rain or a wet field, and we could have a low scoring affair. I still think Dayton is the better team and should win this ball game. I just won't be surprised if we don't hit our scoring average of 40+.

I'll tell you why it puzzles you...they are a fairly good team that hasn't played a very tough schedule nor have they faced many multi-faceted high powered offenses.  They are big and quick on the defensive line and their linebackers are stout.  Their secondary is fairly slow and try to make up for it by playing a lot of zone.  They will be in good position on just about every play and they stuff the run up the middle pretty good.  They are weak on the edge...expect to see quite a bit of the Broncos trying to get the ball into the open field would be my guess.  I wouldn't be surprised at all by a 40 point effort especially after watching them let Sharpstown move the ball pretty well especially in the second half.

Terry's team stats are against teams with a yearly record of 36 Wins-40 Losses.Mayde Creek 5-5 -Channelview 0-8 -El Campo 8-2 -Bay City 3-5 -Lamar Cons.6-3 -Foster 3-7 Texas City 5-5 -Sharpstown 6-5 .On the offense over their 8 games they Fumbled 29 times-losing 13 of those.Scored 143 points-allowed 102 pts.=17.9 ppg to 12.6 ppg allowed.You be the judge how good their defense really is by the schedule they played.And Dayton beat Bay City 35-7 not 21-7 as it was STEWART'S 100th Win at Dayton.

BayCity had speed and they were quick. If thats Terry's  achilles-heel then there in for a long night against the supercharged Bronco's. Bad weather or not, Dayton has too many offensive weapons at thier disposal. They better be able to go tick for tack with our offense,but I don't see that with our outstanding defense and coaching staff''s ability to make decisive adjustments----GO BRONCO'S-----------

Russell, you must be sippin some of that purple Rocky Top that coach ard used to pass out.  I guess I remember it a bit different than you.  I remember us getting our butts kicked with nobody in the stands and nobody caring. I remember being everyone's homecoming game.  Dayton was the equivalent of the Los Angeles Clippers before Jerry Stewart.  Do you think that all of the sudden Dayton has had an influx of talent?  It's more likely that a great coach was able to create a winning program from the ground up. You could change the name of the town to Stewartville and I wouldn't have a problem with it.  From 1973-1995 Dayton had 110 wins.  From 1996 to 2008 (under Stewart) Dayton has 109 wins.  It took DHS 23 years to do what Coach Stewart has done in 13, or approximately 100 gamesl less.  You can be nostalgic about losing if you want to, but the numbers speak for themselves. 

Coming to Dayton in 1992....

I have seen Coach Stewart rebuild the entire football program from junior high up.

He is building a program that is developing a tradition of winning that will be here long after he finishes his career.  The memories the elementary kids at Dayton are making watching their school play in the playoffs builds the tradition that exists in very few schools.  These kids are wanting to be just like AJ and Cody.  Their football heroes are from their high school instead of a college or NFL team.  Stewart has surrounded himself with quality coaches who get the very best out of the athletes, he has the community and school board support.  I am very glad to have a son that is being influenced by the coaches he has assembled around him.

Back to the game....

If the Broncos can start off the game like they did in the second half against Elgin, Terry doesn't have a chance.

Terry won't be able to win a shoot out against the Broncos.

The key to the game will be their four defensive linemen.

If they can't create havoc they won't be able to stop the Bronco offense.

I got a real good feeling about Saturday for the Broncos.

Purple with pads I hope?Just kidding.Great posts.Like I stated on another post,we have not seen the Broncos have to score any more points in the 4th than needed although they certainly could have had over 50 points in alot of games this year.1998 & 2007 bronco defenses were a bit more talented than the present but they have PLAYED outstanding considering.The talent keeps coming and Stewart just has a great knack for developing them.I believe he took Cleburne to the playoffs many years also.

Purple with pads I hope?Just kidding.Great posts.Like I stated on another post,we have not seen the Broncos have to score any more points in the 4th than needed although they certainly could have had over 50 points in alot of games this year.1998 & 2007 bronco defenses were a bit more talented than the present but they have PLAYED outstanding considering.The talent keeps coming and Stewart just has a great knack for developing them.I believe he took Cleburne to the playoffs many years also.

I believe this may be the biggest key right here.  No one has a better, more organized program that gets every ounce of talent out of each athlete.  Dayton is sure not producing NFL caliber talent on a yearly basis, but you wouldn't know it by the coach's record.  Funny all the coaches before him claimed the talent wasn't good enough to win in Dayton.  Did someone all the sudden put HGH in the North Winfree Water Tower...???

That is funny.Talent has always been there,talent developers mediocre.Players playing out of position etc.I thought Dayton's talent pool and positions and game plans came straight from the local drug store coffee shop.Our 7-8 grade track team(early 60's)could outrun the varsity team in every event.Dayton was down for some years.WE'RE BACK,town click won't bug Stewart that is for sure.Most have passed and Dayton is growing.If you had athletic kids-but lived outside Dayton-Would you move a few miles to a well coached atheletic program?That has happened often-Permian-Barbers Hill-PNG-Ned-WOS-Newton-on & on large companies offering big incentives to employees w/talented atheletes to move to their town.The real deal in some cases TALENT got moved to successful schools with great tradition of winning.By the way,where did Dayton find this band director.Last week's performance was horrible but funny-drag the twirlers by their feet as they cling to their undergarments.

Russell, you must be sippin some of that purple Rocky Top that coach ard used to pass out.  I guess I remember it a bit different than you.  I remember us getting our butts kicked with nobody in the stands and nobody caring. I remember being everyone's homecoming game.  Dayton was the equivalent of the Los Angeles Clippers before Jerry Stewart.  Do you think that all of the sudden Dayton has had an influx of talent?  It's more likely that a great coach was able to create a winning program from the ground up. You could change the name of the town to Stewartville and I wouldn't have a problem with it.  From 1973-1995 Dayton had 110 wins.  From 1996 to 2008 (under Stewart) Dayton has 109 wins.  It took DHS 23 years to do what Coach Stewart has done in 13, or approximately 100 gamesl less.  You can be nostalgic about losing if you want to, but the numbers speak for themselves. 

Can anyone read and comprehend a thing that I have written. I am giving credit where credit is due to Coach Stewart, no doubt it is what it is. As for the rest of my point, I am not talking about that waste of our time, skills and well whatever else you want to call it, but I am advocating those that gave their all and made an impact over history.

What about me? Can I get in the hall of fame?? After all I did win the cheerleader award! oops I think it was the "Fighting Spirit Award". I vote for me and cupcake to be in the hall of fame. Also, if we are gonna rename the field house, then you gotta put Mr. A on the ballot too.

You asked earlier, "What other coach has done so much for Dayton?",, we can't forget about VanZandt here guys. I know yall all remember that one game that he won!! Well, I actually cant remember if we won any games that 95 season but it was fun playing everyone in their homecoming game. The only thing I remember about that season is that the coaches would never throw me the ball. So, in the last game of the season I was running the plays in and I changed a run play to a pass to me!

Seriously, Jerry Stewart is the man and Dayton Bronco football is on the map and will be there for years to come!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax