Evadale Seniors

Hey guys its me the scout team "meat shield". i enjoyed play with yall this year and think of it as a honor to have helped prepare yall for all yalls games. I would take a hole  year of scout team to see us move forward in the playoffs, but unfortunately i can't. ill miss u guys both on and off the field, and pray that yall do good for yourselves in the future.

Scincerly,

That Guy u Know 

A.K.A. Scout team MEAT SHIELD

Guest beat-em_deep

ha this makes me smile and yes it was always fun beating up on you in practice for the most part. And to all the SENIORS from Evadale i enjoyed playing with all of yall we were more than just a team we were a family and I'm going to miss football and playing with you guys so much! but hey we played with SWAGGA all year long and where did it get us........D23-1A CHAMPS!! UNDEFEATED at that  ;D

well i enjoyed it!

and to all the underclassmen yall cherish every moment and play every play like its your last cause you dont realize how much you will miss it till its all over.

GOOD LUCK future REBELS!

J.ROYAL #6

While I had the pleasure of watching one of you for 10 years and the rest for a couple. Y'all were truly a class act, a real family of blue collar players, that really didn't care who got the credit, as long as the team got the win.

Thanks for the ride and the memories. To the under classmen, it would not have been poaaible without the sacrifice and dedication from you. I look forward to watching y'all in the years to come.

Rebel Pride Never Dies!!!

I wanted to let a few days pass before I talked to yall again.  I’ve seen the last three years how it hurts for the season to end with a loss.  But you have to understand, if you are a good team, it is most likely you will finish your season with a loss.  Only one team per division will end the season with a win.  To put it in perspective, you’ve seen us play, our seniors have made it to the playoffs twice now.  This is the first year that we have won a playoff game.  Our seniors have no district championships to their credit.  It is a hard cruel world.  Possibly, in a few years, our kids will more admire your district championships more than that win.  It always sounds better to be the champions of something instead of qualifier for something else.

I got the pleasure of shaking #6’s hand after the game.  He really played well and was heartbroken.  As I looked in his eyes, it made me a little sad.  I know that look will be on my son’s face within the next few weeks.  Sooner or later, the end will come.  I don’t think the look is about the loss.  But, realizing the end of high school football has come.

What I want to congratulate you on is not so much your district championships; it is the character of your players.  Both of my sons said that Evadale was the classiest team they have ever played.  A team like that reflects highly on the coaches, parents and fans.  I admire the atmosphere of your town even though I’ve never been there.

All of Evadale, have a great thanksgiving and know that you have my respect.

Regards,

Rab

I wanted to let a few days pass before I talked to yall again.  I’ve seen the last three years how it hurts for the season to end with a loss.  But you have to understand, if you are a good team, it is most likely you will finish your season with a loss.  Only one team per division will end the season with a win.  To put it in perspective, you’ve seen us play, our seniors have made it to the playoffs twice now.  This is the first year that we have won a playoff game.  Our seniors have no district championships to their credit.  It is a hard cruel world.  Possibly, in a few years, our kids will more admire your district championships more than that win.  It always sounds better to be the champions of something instead of qualifier for something else.

I got the pleasure of shaking #6’s hand after the game.  He really played well and was heartbroken.  As I looked in his eyes, it made me a little sad.  I know that look will be on my son’s face within the next few weeks.  Sooner or later, the end will come.  I don’t think the look is about the loss.  But, realizing the end of high school football has come.

What I want to congratulate you on is not so much your district championships; it is the character of your players.  Both of my sons said that Evadale was the classiest team they have ever played.  A team like that reflects highly on the coaches, parents and fans.  I admire the atmosphere of your town even though I’ve never been there.

All of Evadale, have a great thanksgiving and know that you have my respect.

Regards,

Rab

Well put. You get Karma!! And yes #6 is a great young man. I watched him play youth football for a few years when he was in Vidor. I went and watched his last District game and have tons of respect for him and his parents. I wish him well in the future. He has heart and determination and with that said    (his dad's favorite saying) he will do well in anything he dares to strife for.... Maybe he will walk on at Lamar and make the team there. Good luck in Hawaii #6 I hope your tryout goes well!! Just give 100%, 100% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476