Most playoff wins since 2000

No, we actually had several who had better regular season records than some playoff teams from our district, but we lost in tiebreakers (once b/c of a points cap). Two good teams in 6 years? Let's see: 15-1, 5-5, 8-2, 8-2, 7-3, 12-1. No, I'd say we've had some fine teams over that stretch. I was just pointing out that two of them made the finals and the semis.

Let's not make this a p***ing match between WO-S and Nederland. I'm sure you remember how the last one (at WO-S.com) ended up.

No' date=' we actually had several who had better regular season records than some playoff teams from our district, but we lost in tiebreakers (once b/c of a points cap). Two good teams in 6 years? Let's see: 15-1, 5-5, 8-2, 8-2, 7-3, 12-1. No, I'd say we've had some fine teams over that stretch. I was just pointing out that two of them made the finals and the semis.

Let's not make this a p***ing match between WO-S and Nederland. I'm sure you remember how the last one (at WO-S.com) ended up.[/quote']

In your earlier point stated that you had only 2 apperances. My point is not for non-district games. If you add those, then teams like LCM or Vidor look like they actually had a winning season. You can only use season records and playoff records.

This was not meant to be a WOS vs NED but if you want to go there than have at it.

I'll stack our non-district schedule against anyone. I guess non-district games don't count for some strange reason. Well, according to my hasty calculations, our district/playoff record over that span was something like 37-9 (80% win percentage). I was simply highlighting how well we've done over those two seasons.

Interesting little fact here...

Newton and Jasper hold the title with 15 each

Nederland is 2nd with 10

WOS is 3rd with 8

OH MY GOODNESS. You went and started a thread that allows WOS to start pulling it's historical reacords.....this will go on forever.... :roll:

OH MY GOODNESS. You went and started a thread that allows WOS to start pulling it's historical reacords.....this will go on forever.... :roll:

The funny thing is...The thread states playoff wins....not pre-season or overall records....These guys can't stand that 3 teams have a better playoff record than them for the last 10 years.

You're the one who won't just allow a WO-S fan to marvel at the fact that we racked up 8 wins in two appearances. What makes you think I "can't stand" that? I stated that without even mentioning the other teams. I have no problem with those teams having more appearances. Heck, Jasper and Newton have been in the finals during that stretch, and Newton has won a few titles. We were in the finals in 2000 and the semis this year, so there's no jealousy here. I was just showing some pride. I think there's somebody else who "can't stand" seeing others enjoy success.

You can only use season records and playoff records.

Ok... That's what I did...

The thread states playoff wins....not pre-season or overall records....These guys can't stand that 3 teams have a better playoff record than them for the last 10 years.

Wait... Make up your mind, here...

Are you sure it's a "better" playoff record? Um... Our playoff record over the last 10 years is 13-6 (68%). Nederland's is 15-10 (60%).

OK... My point is that you have more wins, but a lower winning percentage than WO-S in the games you've played - and you're only up by two wins. My argument is that the word "better" isn't necessarily accurate. A "better record" doesn't necessarily mean more wins. After all, a team that has played 20,000 games might have 1,000 wins, but big whoop. My argument is that 13-6 is a better record than 15-10. Look at the percentages.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder