Triple Steal

I was watching a game today at the "Stars Over Texas" College Exposure and saw the darndest thing.........  A player from Texas Sting(Morse) stole 2nd, walked back to 1st, then went back to 2nd, all with the "Empire" behind the plate watching. Does she get credit for 3 steals?  Kind of confusing but..... Stir can you or CC or even you BHBlue help me out with the details since you were also on the field.  Had a few people scratching their heads and others laughing at the whole situation.

This is a joke so don't come out with the rule book, but it did happen!

Had a great day watching softball today.  Looked like our area teams played well.

I know Cheater said not to but, see Rule 10-8.B:

"Play will be suspended whenever the plate umpire leaves the umpires position to brush the plate or to perform other duties not directly connected with the calling of plays."

See also Rule 10-1:

"The plate umpire shall have the authority to make decisions on any situations not specifically covered in the rules."

Also, I checked the Scoring section of the rule book and nowhere does it mention E-U.

It's good to be the King!  8)

"Play will be suspended whenever the plate umpire leaves the umpires position to brush the plate or to perform other duties not directly connected with the calling of plays."

See also Rule 10-1:

"The plate umpire shall have the authority to make decisions on any situations not specifically covered in the rules."

Also, I checked the Scoring section of the rule book and nowhere does it mention E-U.

huh!

I have to say.....Bek didn't even know you were the Plate umpire until the 3rd or 4th inning.  She said you did a great job behind the plate

As for rules....who plays by rules! ::)

See also Rule 10-1:

And U are the king.  kingarthur.gif

Guest stircrazy

It was funny at the time. The EMPIRE did give a great explanation for it though. Had both teams coaches scratching their heads and laughing. ;D

And that was the best thing about the whole situation. No coach , player or fan got tossed because the "EMPIRE " had a BRAIN POOT. We all had fun at BHBLUE's expense the rest of the game. I don't know if the wind or the sun had BHBLUE red in the face but he handled it like he had made that call before. Never admit a screwup and ALWAYS act as though you know what you are doing!!!!!1 ;D ;D ;D

BHBLUE, enlighten me....

Okay, here's what happened:

1 - Tx Sting runner takes off from 1st to steal 2nd.  OCG catcher can't get a handle on the ball and makes no throw.

2 - I turn and see OCG head coach giving his catcher the "WTH" look.  The catcher returns the "IDK" look.

3 - Next, and here's the important part, as I am coming around to sweep the plate, the Sting runner is heading back to 1st.

4 - I glance over to my partner and see she has the "WTH just happened" look on her face and I am pretty sure she just missed a Look-Back call.

5 - Realizing everyone else's confusion, I calmly motion the Sting runner back to 2nd base. 

6 - Out comes the OCG head coach with the same "WTH" look he had earlier.

7 - I explained to him that time was called so I could sweep the plate and he, apparently satisfied with my explanation, returned to the dugout.

8 - Meanwhile, the Tx Sting coach had the "cat that ate the canary" look on his face.

I think it was just a case of the participants and observers not understanding the high level of officiating that was taking place on the field.  People often throw rocks at things they've never seen before.  ;D

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I will say this though, everyone remained calm throughout the entire thing and nobody got tossed.  Had this happened during my last game however, I'm certain the ejection count would have been higher with possibly some bloodletting to boot.  ;D

Guest stircrazy

BHBLUE, enlighten me....

1 - TX Sting runner takes off from 1st to steal 2ND.  OCG catcher can't get a handle on the ball and makes no throw.

2 - I turn and see OCG head coach giving his catcher the "WTH" look.  The catcher returns the "IDK" look.

3 - Next, and here's the important part, as I am coming around to sweep the plate, the Sting runner is heading back to 1st.

4 - I glance over to my partner and see she has the "WTH just happened" look on her face and I am pretty sure she just missed a Kickback call.

5 - Realizing everyone Else's confusion, I calmly motion the Sting runner back to 2ND base. 

7 - I explained to him that time was called so I could sweep the plate and he, apparently satisfied with my explanation, returned to the dugout.

8 - Meanwhile, the TX Sting coach had the "cat that ate the canary" look on his face.

I think it was just a case of the participants and observers not understanding the high level of officiating that was taking place on the field.  People often throw rocks at things they've never seen before.  ;D

I will say this though, everyone remained calm throughout the entire thing and nobody got tossed.  Had this happened during my last game however, I'm certain the ejection count would have been higher with possibly some bloodletting to boot.  ;D

High Level of OFFICIATING????????? What do you expect for $30.00. Your partner said a few choice words about that call also while smiling. I did ask for a Dover on a bad bunt so we could get even on the calls but to no avail.

BHBLUE, enlighten me....

1 - Tx Sting runner takes off from 1st to steal 2nd.  OCG catcher can't get a handle on the ball and makes no throw.

4 - I glance over to my partner and see she has the "WTH just happened" look on her face and I am pretty sure she just missed a Look-Back call.

5 - Realizing everyone else's confusion, I calmly motion the Sting runner back to 2nd base. 

8 - Meanwhile, the Tx Sting coach had the "cat that ate the canary" look on his face.

There were a lot of "WTH" looks in that game.  As for "high level of officiating"......you make the call! ;D

High Level of OFFICIATING????????? What do you expect for $30.00. Your partner said a few choice words about that call also while smiling. I did ask for a Dover on a bad bunt so we could get even on the calls but to no avail.

She was smiling because, since OCG was playing, she wasn't the shortest person on the field.  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124