Mauriceville 8th Grade Football

Guest jackbquick

Congrats to the Panthers.  5-0 for the season!  These boys should help the high school program in a few years just like the sophomores did this year. 

What were ya'lls scores against Lumberton and C.O. Wilson as they both were undefeated but did not get to play each other.

Who was Mauriceville's wins against?      Just curious.  Who won out of LC and M?

Guest jackbquick

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that Mauriceville won considering they were 5-0.

That's why I was asking because they are in the same district and I do not recall ever seeing any Mauriceville scores against any from that district?  So please only answer me if you know and aren't just assuming.    Thanks

What's the saying .... ????  We put the MMMM in LCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Panthers!!! Hate to say it but maybe High School should take a page from the Mauriceville kids and staff!!!!!!!!  They are a team and play as a team.  They all have a common goal in mind -- winning.   

Last years senior class won all their games when they were in 7th and 8th and their senior year they won 1, so dont put alot of stock in those jr.high wins. Things change a bit when you go up against 4a teams and quit playing the likes of St Anne(not knocking St Anne) and alot of other schools 7th grade teams. Most of those kids in the past stop playing in the 9th or 10th grade for whatever reason? May be the better level of compition they are faced with and its not so easy.  Congrats to the Panthers on a great season.

I hear you 77!!! But LC played St. Anne's this year and lost big while Mauriceville won BIG.  Competition is different at jr. high levels.  That is agreed. MMS is one of the smallest middle schools in the 4A district.  They have about 24-28 kids play in 8th grade sometimes less.  Playing against CO, PN or Groves jr. high may teach competition but -- getting beat every week sure is tough on moral when you play teams that have 50 kids per team.  St. Anne's has come to Mauriceville and beat them a time or two or at least put up a very good fight.  Just like any program -- depends on the year, kids, coaches, etc. I do know a lot of Mauriceville kids are on the field on Friday nights but there are a bunch in the stands. I know your not know you are not knocking the Panthers  ;)but this is the only positive LCM football has going right now!!!  Friday night football this year was hard to swallow!! :(

Thanks for the clarification stickinthemud.  But LC 7th grade lost to St.Anne's. Mauriceville 7th grade played them 2x and I am certain they won one against the wildcats. Really doesn't matter who you play -- it all depends on who shows up to play !!! :)  We have all been to games where the for sure winner got beat because the other team wanted it more or just out played them!!!

I do know Mauriceville 7th grade played Chester (which only had about 17 kids) and got beat.  Never underestimate those smaller schools. It's all about the heart in those kids and what they want. :)

Hey jackbquick - Mauriceville played Groves (24-0), Barbers Hill (23-7), St. Annes twice (50-14, 24-0), and Legacy Christian (44-0). They didn't play LC because LC-M admin chose not to.  It would be a good game and a close one because LC is a strong group too.  LC-M should have another strong freshman group next year.  Mauricville does not play in the 4A district because they are about 200+ kids behind the next smallest school in the district.    

Thanks again stickinthemud.  Doesn't sound like your a fan of the Panthers???!!! Come on!! Be happy  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Not being ugly -- but how did LCJH fair this year?? Both teams if you know - How many kids played on each team?? Just trying to figure out what we will be sending the high school....... ;)  Surely between our 2 schools, we have talent and kids who will bring the Bears out of the Cave!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Guest jackbquick

Thanks for the clarification stickinthemud.  But LC 7th grade lost to St.Anne's. Mauriceville 7th grade played them 2x and I am certain they won one against the wildcats. Really doesn't matter who you play -- it all depends on who shows up to play !!! :)  We have all been to games where the for sure winner got beat because the other team wanted it more or just out played them!!!

I do know Mauriceville 7th grade played Chester (which only had about 17 kids) and got beat.  Never underestimate those smaller schools. It's all about the heart in those kids and what they want. :)

I do know people at St Anne's and MMS 7th did play St Annes B and MMS 8th played their A team while LC 7th A  played St Annes A team while LC 7th B team played St Annes B team so it was not the same teams.

hey senior77 - from watching Friday night games it appears that most of the Mauriceville boy's are on the field.  Heck - two thirds of the sophomores starting this year and one freshman (first freshman since Earl Thomas played two game before jumping to WO-S) are former Panthers.  The only seventh grade team they played was Lumberton about 5 years ago.  They played Newton, Deweyville, Kountze, and Silsbee the past few years and St. Anne is a dang good team for being a private school.  Anyway - thanks for the complement but don't knock the boy's because they don't play too many 4A teams.  They only had 21 8th graders this year.  CO and Lumberton had over 80 each and LC has a lot more to choose from also.

Guest jackbquick

What's the saying .... ????  We put the MMMM in LCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Panthers!!! Hate to say it but maybe High School should take a page from the Mauriceville kids and staff!!!!!!!!  They are a team and play as a team.  They all have a common goal in mind -- winning.   

Last years senior class won all their games when they were in 7th and 8th and their senior year they won 1, so dont put alot of stock in those jr.high wins. Things change a bit when you go up against 4a teams and quit playing the likes of St Anne(not knocking St Anne) and alot of other schools 7th grade teams. Most of those kids in the past stop playing in the 9th or 10th grade for whatever reason? May be the better level of compition they are faced with and its not so easy.  Congrats to the Panthers on a great season.

So LCM 2 jr highs do not play the same district schedules. You would think they would try to have their kids at the same level when they get to high school, competition wise I mean. Maybe that's part of the problem with LCM now, One jr high is playing district competition while the other is playing a schedule more favorable to winning. I know PN and Groves would probably love to be able to play smaller schools in jr high but they are in a district. Does anyone else in district 20 4-A not play their jr high in this district.  

Hey jackhammer - No need to move schools.  LC-M has the talent.  MMS and LCJH put out great teams year in and year out.  They've had the same coaches for like - forever and the players play hard for them.  They just need to keep playing hard and playing together in high school.  The Bears are down but not for long!

LCJH and MMS are two different schools - size wise.  One is a 4A the other a large 2A.  Not the schools fault just the way it is.  PN and Groves are the same size.  CO and Central are the same size.  LC and MMS are not. duh! So you think a 2A school should play a 4A schedule? For what?  There is a reason schools are classified by size - A LEVEL COMPETITION FIELD.  Some people are always going to find a reason to put down MMS and it's kids for being successful.  Can't we just say "good job" and hope these kids can keep it going in high school.   

Hey Bassman - You said MMS "should probably quit play St. Anne also"  Who exactly has MMS "quit" playing?  Could you clarify that statement.  75% of the time? - 2002 MMS 1-0 vs. St. Anne, 2003 1-1 vs. St. Anne, 2004 0-2, 2005 DNP, 2006 1-0-1, 2007 0-2, 2008 2-0.  Thats 5-5-1.  How did you get 75%.  Do the math bassman!

I am a fan of the Panthers I am just stating fact. My kids are out of school now. MMS played smaller schools back when they did not have the # of kids there they have now, they have never really varied from that. LCM probably have less kids on there jr. high teams than MMs and they also break them up into a and b teams because most other schools in the district have 2 teams. I can remember about 5 years ago on the LCM 8th grade team they had 13 boys on A team and about 12 on b. They probably should have gone to just one team. That kind of stuff should be addressed by the AD because you cant be competitive with these kind of #s. I have seen 1 LCM 7th grade b team game and I think they had about 14 kids. I have also have seen 1 MMS 8 th grade game they looked great. I am a fan of both and have friends with kids on both. All I am doing is stating facts from past history. As for #s of MMS students on varsity I dont know all I can say is in the past and not to distant past allot didnt play, for whatever reason. I hope the program gets turnaround before they get there, best of luck to all of them. As for one school being a 4a and one a 2a that is just not the way it is, they both feed  the same high school which is only a 4a so that makes two 2a schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami