question for kirbyville fans.

I was told that Kville had sold 1300 tickets prior to game , don't know if that was official. I do agree, there had to be at least 5000 or more there. I also think that there were more for Kville than Newton.  I don't even think that our band had a section, I believe that it was taken by fans, am I right? There was a sea of people down by the concession/bathrooms at all times. It was truely amazing. I don't think that I have everrrr heard so many bells ringing at a game before, Love it.  We will have to keep it up.  Those Wildcats on the field, just loved the noise. Congrats to the Wildcats and good luck to them and the Eagles in their coming playoffs.

Hey...they did that mess on purpose..tried to discourage us!!! :P But didnt work. I just feel sorry for those poor people who had to stand on the fence and down by the concessions. I went down 1 time, and I got dizzy from all the people..they were coming in all directions...Never had that many people in such a small area.  I do hope that Kirbyville will continue to follow these kids wherever they go in large numbers. I know we usually have a BIG crowd for such a small town. But, I had a great time, and I'm just glad that I DONT HAVE TO EAT CROW!!!!!! I was sweatin it!!!

oh and Grizz..your welcome..Ya'll owe me!!!! Just tell your aunt that she can air brush me a shirt or something..LOL  ;D j/k

Hey...they did that mess on purpose..tried to discourage us!!! :P But didnt work. I just feel sorry for those poor people who had to stand on the fence and down by the concessions. I went down 1 time, and I got dizzy from all the people..they were coming in all directions...Never had that many people in such a small area.  I do hope that Kirbyville will continue to follow these kids wherever they go in large numbers. I know we usually have a BIG crowd for such a small town. But, I had a great time, and I'm just glad that I DONT HAVE TO EAT CROW!!!!!! I was sweatin it!!!

oh and Grizz..your welcome..Ya'll owe me!!!! Just tell your aunt that she can air brush me a shirt or something..LOL  ;D j/k

I don't know what mess you are talking about, but no one that I have ever met here in Newton would lower themselves to go out of their way; other than trying to beating them on the field; to discourage Kirbyville or any other fans. Singletary is configured the same way everyday. Try remembering that people should " Be Gracious in Loss and Humble in Victory ". You were our Guests and Everyone here; with the possible exception of a few A......s,    every community has a few; treated you like Guests. 

OK..Newtonjb..for those of us who bought pre-sale tickets and arrived early so we could get a seat in the stands were told to stand at the Home side entrance. We stood there for over an hour, and then someone from the coaching staff said..NO we are to stand at the other gate...so we MOVED...so for those of us who were at the front and who had been there since 4, were at the end of the line...then we were told to MOVE AGAIN!!!! 3 MORE TIMES THIS HAPPENED WE MOVED BACK AND FORTH..I'M SORRY BUT THIS GAME HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR A 10 WEEKS NOW AND EVERYONE KNEW THAT IT WAS GOING TO DRAW A CROWD..SO COME ONE..THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ORGANIZATION OR AT LEAST SOMEONE WHO KNEW WHAT WAS REALLY GOING ON SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!! Of course the Newton fans wouldnt of known that because ya'll didnt show up until it was time to play. Kirbyville fans started arriving for the game at 4. And had the stadium packed at 6. With that said, I thought everyone was very nice, very good sportsmanship, and I had a great time..if you would have read all of my previous posts you would have seen that.

Oh and btw..I would like to tell you that I have friends that stopped at a convenvience store in NEWTON...just to let you know..and was treated VERY RUDELY because they had on KIRBYVILLE WILDCAT SHIRTS!!! So your comment about Newton not lowering themselves to go out of their way..is very untrue!!!

OK..Newtonjb..for those of us who bought pre-sale tickets and arrived early so we could get a seat in the stands were told to stand at the Home side entrance. We stood there for over an hour, and then someone from the coaching staff said..NO we are to stand at the other gate...so we MOVED...so for those of us who were at the front and who had been there since 4, were at the end of the line...then we were told to MOVE AGAIN!!!! 3 MORE TIMES THIS HAPPENED WE MOVED BACK AND FORTH..I'M SORRY BUT THIS GAME HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR A 10 WEEKS NOW AND EVERYONE KNEW THAT IT WAS GOING TO DRAW A CROWD..SO COME ONE..THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ORGANIZATION OR AT LEAST SOMEONE WHO KNEW WHAT WAS REALLY GOING ON SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!! Of course the Newton fans wouldnt of known that because ya'll didnt show up until it was time to play. Kirbyville fans started arriving for the game at 4. And had the stadium packed at 6. With that said, I thought everyone was very nice, very good sportsmanship, and I had a great time..if you would have read all of my previous posts you would have seen that.

Oh and btw..I would like to tell you that I have friends that stopped at a convenvience store in NEWTON...just to let you know..and was treated VERY RUDELY because they had on KIRBYVILLE WILDCAT SHIRTS!!! So your comment about Newton not lowering themselves to go out of their way..is very untrue!!!

It does sound like the confusion about how to deal with a once in a lifetime, overwhelming crowd was disconcerting no doubt, but it was'nt a deliberate attempt to disrespect our guests and neighbors. We may be smalltown, but we have enough sense to understand that we all live in a round world and that we would be asking for payback in kind. It was just a confusing situation that hopefully lessons were learned from, not to be repeated. As for the store clerk....... I told you that we all have those in our communities. I think that we all need to rein in all the opponent belittling and get back to the task at hand, which is to show our teams the support they have worked so hard to earn, Please...... both teams deserve that. I saw a post that mentioned how cool it would be to have the D1 and D2 state titles in our district, Lets All Focus On That Goal. Best Of Luck To The Kirbyville Wildcats And The Newton Eagles.

You sure it wasn't because of the color of their socks?

it was newton!  maybe they just wasnt used to seeing socks!!    ;D

This comment is nothing less than a cheap shot....... Let's all try to keep away from the below the belt stuff......as I said just a minute ago..... It's A Round World We Live In.

Guest rykerx144

It does sound like the confusion about how to deal with a once in a lifetime, overwhelming crowd was disconcerting no doubt, but it was'nt a deliberate attempt to disrespect our guests and neighbors. We may be smalltown, but we have enough sense to understand that we all live in a round world and that we would be asking for payback in kind. It was just a confusing situation that hopefully lessons were learned from, not to be repeated. As for the store clerk....... I told you that we all have those in our communities. I think that we all need to rein in all the opponent belittling and get back to the task at hand, which is to show our teams the support they have worked so hard to earn, Please...... both teams deserve that. I saw a post that mentioned how cool it would be to have the D1 and D2 state titles in our district, Lets All Focus On That Goal. Best Of Luck To The Kirbyville Wildcats And The Newton Eagles.

then we can all get im my flower painted van, grow our hair out, and drive around the world spreading peace and love!!

then we can all get im my flower painted van, grow our hair out, and drive around the world spreading peace and love!!

Sounds like a Smarter idea to Me then an all out confrontation from now on, would'nt you agree ????  I"ve tried, the " Ball " is in your court. Have A Nice Day.

Guest rykerx144

Sounds like a Smarter idea to Me then an all out confrontation from now on, would'nt you agree ????  I"ve tried, the " Ball " is in your court. Have A Nice Day.

i think it would be best if i just left that one alone!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124