**Baytown Lee at PA Memorial/13-10 Memorial Wins/Comments**

PAM definitely won 13-10.

Let me start by saying that both of these teams are horrible.  That either of them are going to the playoffs is laughable.

The only thing funnier is that PAM will play LaPorte, and Lee beat LP early in the year, so PAM has a chance.

From the 3 minute point in the third quarter through the end of the game, Lee had 6 penalties for 80 yards.  Four personal foul penalties, a holding and a blocking in the back.  Honestly, PAM was ready to pack it in and start up basketball season.  The resilient never say die refs kept urging PAM to go ahead and try to win the game.

The last PAM drive of the third quarter started with a Lee personal foul, but ended on downs. The next PAM drive had a personal foul on Lee but also ended on downs.  The last drive, they finally got it right and called two personal fouls on Lee to get PAM down inside the 10, where it finally paid dividends.

It sucks to drive 2 hours from Fresno, TX to Port Arthur to have to endure such atrocious officiating.  Again, neither team was good, but this always happens in Port Arthur.  I don't think I'll ever go to a game there ever again.  I've been watching high school football my entire life, I'm 33 years old,and you never feel as helpless about the officiating as you do when playing in Port Arthur.

On a side note, it's absolutely criminal what the coaches are doing in Port Arthur.  The talent they have on that team....  The only team that arguably has more talent in the district is North Shore.  Port Arthur has athletes all over the field.  To see that atrocity that they call an offense is ridiculous.  If Chance Filer or that running back they had played for a team with an actual offense, they would be getting all state recognition.

They don't have any problem fielding a defense with plenty of athletes as well.  They have at least 12 guys out there last night  that I saw that could play in college.

On a side note, it's absolutely criminal what the coaches are doing in Port Arthur.  The talent they have on that team....  The only team that arguably has more talent in the district is North Shore.  Port Arthur has athletes all over the field.  To see that atrocity that they call an offense is ridiculous.  If Chance Filer or that running back they had played for a team with an actual offense, they would be getting all state recognition.

They don't have any problem fielding a defense with plenty of athletes as well.  They have at least 12 guys out there last night  that I saw that could play in college.

I hope that PAM can get this fixed soon. I would be extremely frustrated as a parent of an athlete

Excellent post Panama.  I hate to see how That Old Homeless Man is really pissing off the whole program in PA.  We don't win anything, especially track and Basketball.  I hold him responsible since he is the AD.  No creativity on offense what so ever.  Thank God my lil cousin caught the winning TD.  What else made me sick was all that joy over finishing 4th place.  In the voice of Allen Iverson:  "4th place????????!!!!  We're talking about 4th place, not first, but 4th place?????!!!!!!!"

This is the hidden content, please

The Ganders had 13 penalties on the night with 10 of them being major walkoffs.

“You shouldn’t complain about the officials,†Gander coach Dick Olin said. “But it’s the same thing every time you go down there. We’ve played down there (the Golden Triangle) twice and we’ve had 32 penalties.â€

Olin said in Friday’s game he saw the fastest holding call ever.

“We snapped the ball and the flag flew,†he said. “They called ‘Holding, No. 57.’ Maybe 57 held, but he didn’t have anybody on him and it’s hard to call that on the snap.â€

Olin said once they got into a first-and-long situation offensively they were in trouble.

“If we get into a first-and-20, we are dead in the water,†he said. “We can’t throw the football and don’t have the offense to make that up.â€

Olin said the Titans only had two plays on offense.

“They had a 94-yard touchdown pass that was like our Seven Lakes game, where we tipped it, then they tipped it, and then they caught it and ran it in,†he said. “Then they also had a fourth-and-20 and caught a pass for the touchdown.

“I haven’t seen the tape yet, but I looked at it last night on the bus and it looks like he caught it out of bounds.â€

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder