Newton and Kirbyville set to renew rivalry Friday

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!! Game of the Year. Only 2 days away...cant wait. There will be so many people. There are people that will be arriving at Newton's Stadium around 4pm just to be able to have a seat! Now tell me thats not dedication! lol..they just dont want to have to stand on the fence. Been there done that..LOL  too many times.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS..AND ESPECIALLY GOOD LUCK TO KIRBYVILLE WILDCATS!!!!

Well, I am really concerned about the sitting, with the numbers that will be there.  When I looked up their stadium for capacity, it is 1800, and that will NOT sit all or half.  I know that Newton wants to retain the home field advantage, but I for one would like to see it moved to a larger stadium.  Just wishful thinking.  However, I will for sure be there at this game to support the Wildcats

Well, I am really concerned about the sitting, with the numbers that will be there.  When I looked up their stadium for capacity, it is 1800, and that will NOT sit all or half.  I know that Newton wants to retain the home field advantage, but I for one would like to see it moved to a larger stadium.  Just wishful thinking.  However, I will for sure be there at this game to support the Wildcats

Wow..that is really small. Well there will be people pouring over thats for sure! No room on fences either! 8)

Well you folks have had a field day talking about our Stadium,our Fans, Our Coach and our Team and I hope this makes you feel good. I only wish I could return the favor but you have a nice stadium (even though there is no press box on the visitors side) and the visitor side is not all that large, your fans are great and support your Team, you now have an outstanding coach, and your team has proven itself. That said, Goodluck Friday.

Yes Eagledad, it seems that folks forget that Newton is a 2A school, and as such, has a stadium comparable to most larger 2A schools.  It should be a great game Friday night, and I hope both teams play to their best abilities.  Good luck to both, as both are headed into the playoffs and should give every other 2A teams in the state a run for their money.

GO CATS!!

Well you folks have had a field day talking about our Stadium,our Fans, Our Coach and our Team and I hope this makes you feel good. I only wish I could return the favor but you have a nice stadium (even though there is no press box on the visitors side) and the visitor side is not all that large, your fans are great and support your Team, you now have an outstanding coach, and your team has proven itself. That said, Goodluck Friday.

Come on eagledad08,  We mean nothing about the stands or pressbox in Newton!  You have to admit that the pressbox on the visitor side is a tad small!  But hey, I'm glad ya'll have one!  I would say that I am suprised that with all the success of Newton's football program they don't have a little bit bigger stadium.  Give it time and things will improve!  With that LP plant down the road they might give a little and help out the cause!  You should see Tatum's stadium!  VERY nice!

Sorry Eagledad08 didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but come on...your eagle fans have been doing just as much talking as kville's. As for as the stadium goes...Newton has not always been 2A, the stadium has always been small, that's nothing new. Its just fact that when Kville and Newton play In Newton..there is no room to sit. Nothing against you or the coach..nor players, nor fans..yes kirbyville does have a very nice stadium, and over the last few years has become even nicer. Thanks to a few local businesses ;) We all know who you are!!!! But that's what we love about playing in Newton. We love the fact that its a packed house! People standing on the fenceline...honestly..if you played us in kville..there would be no seats there either. Not enough room for that many people. Just too many people come to see that game.  Lighten up a little..its just a game ::)

Actually you didn"t hurt my feelings at all, I really get a kick out of reading some of this. I think the point I wanted to make was that all this talk is just that and nothing more and the real deal will be between 2 very explosive teams that will meet again for the first time in a long time, FRIDAY NIGHT. Each has a 50/50 chance of winning and the outcome will determine the district champ and although I hate to admit it , Braggin rights to the winner and their fans. :)

I'll never forget my senior yr when the Newton and Jasper game was so big. If i'm not mistaken there was at least 3,500 people at that game. 3,500 people at Singletary Stadium is crrraaazzzy!!!! It wouldn't surprise me if 4 or 5 thousand people show up Friday night. It will be nutts!!!

Go Eagles

Actually you didn"t hurt my feelings at all, I really get a kick out of reading some of this. I think the point I wanted to make was that all this talk is just that and nothing more and the real deal will be between 2 very explosive teams that will meet again for the first time in a long time, FRIDAY NIGHT. Each has a 50/50 chance of winning and the outcome will determine the district champ and although I hate to admit it , Braggin rights to the winner and their fans. :)

Ok..good..you kind of made me feel bad..LOL  :-[  But your right, 2 very explosive teams will meet again, and it has been along time, too long. And its going to be so exciting. I just hope the bragging rights are on our side of the tracks..LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn