4th Annual Fred Williams Classic (game times set)

I was an unbiased observer in this game guys and I hate to tell ya but the officiating was pretty darn good overall.Having officated some in the past I watch the games sometimes from a little different perspective and these guys did a good job overall.There will always be a few missed calls along the way but this crew was not from Sour Lake and called a fair game.Kountze fouled players out because they play a very physical press and trap defense,that's not the officials fault.The one call I saw that was questionable was a 3 second call against HJ right before the 1st half was over .Other than that it was a solid effort by one of the Beaumont Chapters best crews.

I could not agree more whsalum!!!!  The only thing was the 3 second call was late in the 4th when Kountze was making a run when HJ spread the floor a bit!!!!

I was an unbiased observer in this game guys and I hate to tell ya but the officiating was pretty darn good overall.Having officated some in the past I watch the games sometimes from a little different perspective and these guys did a good job overall.There will always be a few missed calls along the way but this crew was not from Sour Lake and called a fair game.Kountze fouled players out because they play a very physical press and trap defense,that's not the officials fault.The one call I saw that was questionable was a 3 second call against HJ right before the 1st half was over .Other than that it was a solid effort by one of the Beaumont Chapters best crews.

Very nice output whsalum about the ref. Now like u all know I didn't go to the game so that why I said what I did. But since I really know the ref aren't from HJ I can say my question finally been answered.

Nice post MasterT!!!!  HJ is not as deep as Kountze!!!  HJ is the better overall team thought!!! I thought the game was called pretty well, but if a team had a advantage I would say that it swayed in HJ's favor, but in HJ's defense I will also say that they were taking it hard to the basket and drawing fouls from Kountze's agreesive style of play.  Jacoby had 32 and made one 3 and the other 29 came from the line or in the paint!!!!!  Great game to watch also. 

Best of luck to Kountze and I hope that Coach Joubert brings SE Texas state championship!!!!

Very nice output whsalum about the ref. Now like u all know I didn't go to the game so that why I said what I did. But since I really know the ref aren't from HJ I can say my question finally been answered.

Nice post MasterT!!!!  HJ is not as deep as Kountze!!!  HJ is the better overall team thought!!! I thought the game was called pretty well, but if a team had a advantage I would say that it swayed in HJ's favor, but in HJ's defense I will also say that they were taking it hard to the basket and drawing fouls from Kountze's agreesive style of play.  Jacoby had 32 and made one 3 and the other 29 came from the line or in the paint!!!!!  Great game to watch also. 

Best of luck to Kountze and I hope that Coach Joubert brings SE Texas state championship!!!!

I didn't write the top part but I totally agree with both of what yall have said.

To answer the 4 players fouling out.  One player fouled out in the 3rd.  That is the coaching staff responsibility to keep tabs on player fouls....why was the kid in if he has 4 fouls anyways in the 3rd if he is a starter?  The other 3 fouled out with less than 3-4 minutes to play.  HJ had one kid foul out and 2-3 others with 3-4 fouls also.  I would guess that the foul count was about Kountze 30 and 25 for HJ.  The difference all of HJ's fouls were on the press and most of Kountze's fouls were in the lane and Hawks driving to the basket.

Does anyone on this board really believe that people "from Sour Lake" or people "from Kountze" call a varsity basketball game?

Really?

The chapter assigns officials to a game and they will not assign varsity officials to a varsity game when the officials are from either one of the school's towns.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont