How did your team do?

Guest GoStangs

i think we are on target as to where we want to be right now. both the passing and running games looked good, of course there is always room for improvement. the run defense was very exciting to watch, they gave up a long td run to the BH qb. i think it was just a case of bad tackling, but its the first scrimmage so better to do it now then late in the season. the BH running backs were ineffective so hopefully vidor will give the run defense more of a challenge going into Dayton against 1000 yd rusher Dugat. the pass defense did a good job they didn't give up anything too long, however at times the secondary seemed out of position and the BH offense but together a pretty good drive with some short passes underneath. what bothered me the most was our kicking game, especially the extra points. our offense commited quite a few penalties also, but it's the first scrimmage of the year. overall it was great to see mustang football again. every mustang fan should be proud of the players and coaches for a job well done.

BUna looked good. They moved the ball up and down the field on off. and held evadale to no scores. I think Buna scored 7 or 8 times. Real intense def. Things are looking up for the cougars. Next week they scrimmage Deweyville and Colmesneil and we'll see what happens.

I was there and they did not attempt extra points. Buna had 8 td runs. #22 (Sorry don't know his name) scored 3 times, all 3 were 30yds or longer. They looked pretty good but, no disrespect to evadale, is it Buna looking better or evadale being down? Deweyville and Buna scrimmage next friday and should be a good measuring stick for Buna and how the year is going to go.

i think this may be a similar year to 2003 when Jasper started off slow and gets it together right before the playoffs....At this point it wouldnt surprise if jasper didnt win their first game until district with the overall inexperience of the team...the talent is there, we'll just see how long it takes the maturity level to catch up

Jasper.....haha, I dont see scrimmages making me doubt them. They ALWAYS bring it. They are one of the only teams that scare me in our district! They could be o'fer in preseason, but when district comes they will bring it :wink:

Warren looked OK despite having 3 very important players missing with injuries on the defensive side.Offense looked pretty sharp when the first unit was on the field.Esway is the best kept secret in east Texas .The young linebackers played well but all 3 injured players were returning all district guys.Tarkington is in for a long year in 3-a.JMO :!: :!: :!:

Going to be a long season for Hamshire-Fannett possibly 0-10 or 3-7 at best. I feel sorry for the seniors. It doesn't bode well when your best player may be a soph. WR/DB J.Wright. Hes very athletic but raw. Never played varsity or jv. Will start both ways. He scored our only td. QB, RB, secondary very questionable. Lumberton had nothing but it was more than we had.

BUna looked good. They moved the ball up and down the field on off. and held evadale to no scores. I think Buna scored 7 or 8 times. Real intense def. Things are looking up for the cougars. Next week they scrimmage Deweyville and Colmesneil and we'll see what happens.

I saw the scrimmage as well. Buna did not score 8 times. 1st team against 1st team it was 1-0. Evadale moved the ball very well against Buna. Buna did break a long one on Evadale though when Evadale had 10 men on the field.

Buna did score against a bunch of freshmen a few times although I heard that Buna did not have any freshmen on their JV.

Both varsity's looked very good.

In their first scrimmage' date=' did your team meet, exceed, or fall short of expectations?[/quote']

VERY poor. I think it will take 2 more games to get some idea who is going to play where. We have a lot fo holes to fill if we are going to not play our best players two-ways.

Guest Rgranger

Hey eastex, are sure on that score I've heard different. I talked to a friend and he seemed to think that Buna scored more, He said they ran through evadale with ease.

Anyway who were the backs that bobcat55 was impressed with.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83