KLVI

Bigdog

Guest WeedBegone

In radio you pay for time. If the sponsor pays till ten it's on until ten the station is not obligated to carry the end of a game if it goes past the time the sponsor pays for. It is business nothing personal.

But SETX football is news--besides you cant lie about what is happening on the field.  The score always tells the truth.  ;)

Forget the murders, assaults, election, FEMA lines, Katrina Ike, school board meetings, and bring on the game.  :) ----

In radio you pay for time. If the sponsor pays till ten it's on until ten the station is not obligated to carry the end of a game if it goes past the time the sponsor pays for. It is business nothing personal.

This didn't start until the last three games.  They covered every other game fine.  I would assume that the sponsers pay for the entire game for a full season.  I could be wrong.

I remember back in the 90's, KLVI used to have "spotters" at a number of local games who would give periodic updates...The show would be at WO-S for a few minutes and then move to WB, Silsbee, etc. so the listener was getting constant updates and live game info throughout the entire night. I thought this was great. Wish they still had it. It was basically a pre-cursor to what we have with SETXSPORTS.com with the benefit of not having to switch from game link to game link (ha) as the night goes on...Wow..Am I really so lazy that switching back in forth is an issue? HAHA.

Guest stangs97

well i used to work for KLVI and i bet i can narrow down whats happening when they cut to the news at 10...everything is automated there at that station...every hour the computer is set to play the news broadcast when the feed is ready...the only way to stop that is to go into the computer and physically remove the SPOT break...if that is not done the computer will switch to the satelite feed and cut whatever is on the air off or sometimes 2 things will play at once....and also by judging from the idiots that are in the studio that do the post game nederland bulldog ass kissing show, well lets just say they may not have the brains to take something off the computers play log.

Guest stangs97

well i know they only carry nederland games thats not my point....they call it the friday night expierience......which when they advertise the games on the air they say something like bringing the best game in the area to you each week.....well nederland is an ok team but they are not the best team and really dont play in the most exciting game each week...if your gonna carry nothing but nederland bullpup games at least advertise it for what it is......something like KLVI YOUR HOME FOR THE BEST SOUTHEAST TEXAS TEAM,,,,,,,,EXCEPT FOR WHEN THEY PLAY WEST ORANGE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami