*WO-S vs. BC Updates*/WO-S WINS!!!

Guest wos grad

Playcalling has been an issue since 1999, the year we changed OCs. It's well known among everyone. I'll leave it at that.

Then in 2000 we went to the State Championship.  I guess I'll leave it at that.

That was all defense Homie. Defense got us there in 2000 go look at the scores from that year dude

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playcalling has been an issue since 1999, the year we changed OCs. It's well known among everyone. I'll leave it at that.

That was all defense Homie. Defense got us there in 2000 go look at the scores from that year dude

Its always been defense.  When Coach T left for those few years, what happened?  Defense is the steak and offense is the potatoes.  You won't send your plate back if the steak is great and the potato is just good.  You eat your plate and be thankful for that meal.  I just don't see why people start negative talk.  Why is there this man-crush on Toby?  I'm happy with being undefeated. 

Its always been defense.  When Coach T left for those few years, what happened?  Defense is the steak and offense is the potatoes.  You won't send your plate back if the steak is great and the potato is just good.  You eat your plate and be thankful for that meal.  I just don't see why people start negative talk.  Why is there this man-crush on Toby?  I'm happy with being undefeated. 

I was at the game and I believe the Cards just wish they had half the program that WOS has and some are griping about it.  Coach Hooks seems to have put the best athletes on the field and they come to play, and BC needs to sit back and take note of how things are ran and what happens when it's done right!  Seems that the fans should be behind these coaches and players, and be very very thankful that you have what you do!  Good luck in the post season, from what I witnessed, you guys will contend a ways down the road!

Ive wondered that for a while now.... ;D

BC blocked a WOS field goal from the 4. 

I guess we are trying to not run it up already in the 1st Quarter.

lol?

not trying to run it up???

it's 50 something to 7 and it 4th and like 13 and they do a fake punt?

score a TD off of it, but yet their not runnning up the score...

k.

your definatly gonna be one heck of a reporter when you grow up....

(sarcasm)

BC had some really good times on defense, but also had some very costly mistakes...

and it proves to you that this team will NOT give up...

good job guys, keep it up.

I dont think it started off as a fake, the kicker couldnt handle the snap so he took off... Maybe BC's D shouldve stepped up and stopped the Mustangs from scoring.

That's exactly what happened. It wasn't a fake punt at all. I also agree, these people want the Mustangs to do something about the score. They had the jv in. What about the defense doing something about it?

So taking away the "big plays," WO-S had 186 yards of offense.  (I didn't count the 15-yard pass to Steen a big play.)

You can't count on the big plays and defensive scores once you get into the playoffs.  Those teams won't make the mistakes we have been seeing lately.  I couldn't believe my eyes when we didn't line up in the Power I on the first possession when we were on the goal line that ended with the missed field goal that hit the crossbar.

I think this is silly but if you are going to take away the big plays then you have to add back what it would have been had it only been a regular play. Ridiculous.  ::)

I've officiated on a field that Dan Hooks was coaching on.  One of his assistants said after one of his "colorful exchanges" with one of his players that Dan Hooks expects to score every time his team touches the ball.  Big plays are a big part of WOS football and every WOS fan should be used to it by now.

I totally agree.  Heck, I'm just happy being a MUSTANG!  Winning makes it all better, but our players take away something more than wins from their experience at the Corral. ;)

if i had a son that played football and had a chance to play for eny coach are coaches in this great state of texas i do belive  he would say dad let me play and be teached by coach (T) and mr coach hooks and the mustang staff. i am not trying to take enything away from other coaches  around but  these are these are the best around thats just my feelings

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83