*WO-S vs. BC Updates*/WO-S WINS!!!

BC blocked a WOS field goal from the 4. 

I guess we are trying to not run it up already in the 1st Quarter.

lol?

not trying to run it up???

it's 50 something to 7 and it 4th and like 13 and they do a fake punt?

score a TD off of it, but yet their not runnning up the score...

k.

your definatly gonna be one heck of a reporter when you grow up....

(sarcasm)

BC had some really good times on defense, but also had some very costly mistakes...

and it proves to you that this team will NOT give up...

good job guys, keep it up.

I dont think it started off as a fake, the kicker couldnt handle the snap so he took off... Maybe BC's D shouldve stepped up and stopped the Mustangs from scoring.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol?

k.

(sarcasm)

BC had some really good times on defense, but also had some very costly mistakes...

I dont think it started off as a fake, the kicker couldnt handle the snap so he took off... Maybe BC's D shouldve stepped up and stopped the Mustangs from scoring.

lol you kidding me?

the kicked couldn't handle the snap?

the second it hit his hands he was off around the outside...

and your right, about BC stepping up and stoping the run,

but the fact stands that they ran the score up the best they could....

otherwise there wouldn't have been a fake....

lol?

k.

(sarcasm)

lol you kidding me?

the kicked couldn't handle the snap?

the second it hit his hands he was off around the outside...

and your right, about BC stepping up and stoping the run,

but the fact stands that they ran the score up the best they could....

otherwise there wouldn't have been a fake....

[/quot

He didnt have control of the ball when it was snapped, it even looked like the ball hit the ground so he took off running....

Once a again, it wasn't a fake punt!!!!!!

if you say so...

your obviously blind or something because he had control of the ball the whole way, there's no way he couldn't have gotten the kick off...

but either way, BC lost contain on the right side, he walked in for the score....

it doesn't matter now.... cant change it.

It was not a fake punt.  The snap skipped off the ground and the punter saw it would be blocked from his right and reacted.  Our Cardinals should have stopped him but were not watching on that side.  The Cardinals showed fight all night and we will continue to get better.  How about those two freshmen that played tough all night?  We will have those two for three more seasons!  The Cardinals go to Orangefield this week.  Then finish with H-F.  Let's end this season with two wins!

I say to hell with all of this crying.  If we score alot everyone cries.  If we barely win our fans cry.  Its not our fault we are better than most of our district by a wide margin.  You can't practice all year to play 1 quarter of football and then just give up.  We are preparing for the playoffs.  I say run it up.  Do onsides kicks while up by 50 in preparation for the playoffs.  Nobody likes us anyway.  Let's give a real reason to cry.  I'm not saying this to just BC.  

It seemed like we scored more on defense than offense.

We did not run up the score and it wasn't a fake punt.s

What people need to realize is that we are not just playing a district game...this gives us an opportunity to work on plays that we wouldn't normally run especially in games like Silsbee.

Two players stood out...

Hypo for WOS is a great, great player. He gets a lot of pub over in OC but not enough in the whole area. This guy makes all the plays and is maybe the best leader of his team around. The other players have so much confidence in Hypo its scary. He can run and pass.

Menard for BC is only a freshman playing with the guts and determination of a senior. Matt reminds me so much of Joe Robertson. Joe is never afraid and would take a beating and be the first one back in the huddle ready to go again. Even Hooks called Matt "special." BC has a good one in the making.

WOS had a good game and BC played tough the whole night despite the fact that they were very out matched. WOS however did not try to run up the score as they took out Hipo in the 3rd quarter and moved players around and gave other non starters a chance to get their feet wet. As for the punt it was not intended as a fake, was a bad snap and Haynes instinct took over when he realized he could not get the punt off and he decided to run instead. Great effort on his part. WOS has a very talented team and when everything starts to come together they have a good chance to take it all. Defensively WOS is already showing very good progress and the offense still has some work to do but are coming around. Play calling still needs some work but oh well that's just how it is. Congrats to the Mustangs.

That menard kid for BC is tough.  i didn't realize he was a freshman till after the game. :o  As far as the punting issue, the snap was terrible and haynes saw an opening and took it.  to begin with it was like 4th and forever so i figured someone from BC could have made the tackle. 

With no intention of offending anyone, let me say this:

If you don't want a team to score, stop them. If you don't want the score to get out of hand, get better.

We can't water down our offensive/defensive performance for three quarters so we don't hurt anyone's feelings because that will kill us when we meet someone who we'll need four solid quarters to beat. If you feel that strongly about the score, snap the ball and take a knee when you think it's "running up the score." I'm sure we'll take the hint and follow suit.

Guest wos grad

WOS had a good game and BC played tough the whole night despite the fact that they were very out matched. WOS however did not try to run up the score as they took out Hipo in the 3rd quarter and moved players around and gave other non starters a chance to get their feet wet. As for the punt it was not intended as a fake, was a bad snap and Haynes instinct took over when he realized he could not get the punt off and he decided to run instead. Great effort on his part. WOS has a very talented team and when everything starts to come together they have a good chance to take it all. Defensively WOS is already showing very good progress and the offense still has some work to do but are coming around. Play calling still needs some work but oh well that's just how it is. Congrats to the Mustangs.

I ask again WHY? do we keep throwing that sideline pass that don't ever work? Why? It's either up the middle, Bomb, or sideline pass. Up the middle wasn't working and we still kept doing it. 80% of the points scores was done by Special Teams or big plays.

80% of the points scores was done by Special Teams or big plays.

That is what scares me.  I want to see the stats from last night.  I want to see how many yards we had MINUS the big plays.......  The offense never got going IMO.  We didn't move the ball very well except for the big plays.

But you have to give the BC defense credit.  They were decent against the run and were surprisingly quick to the ball.  They were all over Quinny all night.

WO-S 66

Bridge City 7

WO-S20 14 12 20 — 66

BC 0 0 0 7 — 7

Scoring summary

WO-S — Stephen Cook 8 fumble return. Justin Sparrow kick.

WO-S — Josh Gloston 55 punt return. Sparrow kick.

WO-S — Ortavious Hypolite 65 run. Kick fail.

WO-S — Quintavious Garrett 44 pass from Hypolite. Sparrow kick.

WO-S — Trey Franks 65 pass from Hypolite. Sparrow kick.

WO-S — Hypolite 1 run. Kick fail.

WO-S — Adrian Steen 15 pass from Reggie Garrett. Kick fail.

WO-S — Kevin Robinson block punt. Kick fail.

BC — Grant Encalade 7 pass from Matt Menard. Devin Bertrand kick.

WO-S — Franks 97 kickoff return. Sparrow kick.

WO-S — James Haynes 53 run. Sparrow kick.

———

WO-S BC

First downs 15 10

Rushes-yards 24-209 35-63

Passing 204 52

Comp-Att-Int 10-16-0 7-24-2

Fumbles-Lost 1-1 5-2

Penalties-Yards 4-55 10-80

———

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—WO-S, Ortavious Hypolite 6-86, James Haynes 4-71, Quintavious Garrett 10-36, Darius Robinson 2-11, Kevin Robinson 2-5. Bridge City, Matt Menard 17-70, Colton Gereau 5-10, Luke Rhodes 1-(-3), Josh Lemoine 12-(-10).

PASSING— WO-S, Hypolite 7-10-0-211, Reggie Garrett 3-5-0-39. Bridge City, Lemoine 5-15-1-41, Menard 2-9-1-11.

RECEIVING—WO-S, Trey Franks 3-153, Adrian Steen 3-22, Roderick Simmons 2-25, Q. Garrett 1-44, Josh Gloston 1-2. Bridge City, Jerry Landry 3-24, Menard 2-17, Grant Encalade 1-7, Luke Rhodes 1-4.

So taking away the "big plays," WO-S had 186 yards of offense.  (I didn't count the 15-yard pass to Steen a big play.)

You can't count on the big plays and defensive scores once you get into the playoffs.  Those teams won't make the mistakes we have been seeing lately.  I couldn't believe my eyes when we didn't line up in the Power I on the first possession when we were on the goal line that ended with the missed field goal that hit the crossbar.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476