Young Rebels Roll Again

Hey I know that most of the time here in SETX land is spent on varsity squads, but earlier in the week the question was asked about the future and I just wanted to give some props to the Evadale Junior High and Junior Varsity.

Both squads traveled to Pineland to take on West Sabine tonight and both left the field victorious. The JH won 28 to 20 in a thriller, I was not able to attend as it started too early, but the victory brings their record to 3 and 1 and if you count a couple of scrimage wins (which I know you don't) they are 5 and 1. A great start to the football careers of these young men many who are playing football for the first time. Evadale does not have a youth program, altough I am sure that one or two played in other leagues in the area.

The Junior Varsity ran their record to 5 and 1 with a 30 to 6 victory over the junior tigers. Fullback Ryan Freeman continues to be a punishing runner as he scored two touchdowns. Quarterback Devin Murphy continues to improve as he hit several pass plays one to Blaine Dunnigan for a score. Brandon Bruce picked off a Tiger pass returning it for a score. Three two point conversions rounded out the scoring. As I said in the future thread earlier, the talent pool seems to be deep and wide as so many young men are coming out for football. The Rebel coaching staff continues to do a great job getting the JV team games so they can continue to grow and mature as players. You can not replace game experience and these young Rebels are getting a great taste of it. 

I also must correct a misstatement I made about the young Rebels when I said that they had posted wins against 1A and 2A opponents. I misstated as one of their victories came against a 3A school early in the year.

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling Keep Those Rebels Rolling!

I know for sure that several of the Junior High players played youth football. Sirmons,Byrum and Jackson. There may be more. These three young men in particular will be the ones to watch in previous years. They came into the Evadale football program with the experience of most High School JV players.

GREAT JOB EVADALE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siya
    Newest Member
    siya