Texas Tech Kickers

Don't tell me former Kelly kicker D. Carona and the other Tech kicker may to lose their jobs to a complete stranger?!  I saw on ESPN today the Tech coaches may give this kid who kicked a 30 yd FG during a contest at one of their games a try as the kicker.  What's up with that?!

Sorry if I offend anyone who knows or is related to Carona, but he has been so inaccurate this season. I don't know if it is the line not holding or the holder not setting the ball fast enough, but he has had several blocked kicks this season. One last week against A&M was run back for 2 pts.

I haven't seen many replays of the blocked kicks that Tech has suffered but in my opinion, if you have two kickers and they are both getting kicks blocked I would look at the O line and get with the line coach.  Something is just not right and everyone else in the conference is seeing.  Now, if the kickers can't get it up off the ground then it is their problem, but BOTH kickers?  As a freshman, something like this can really get in your head, so I hope Carona is able to handle it and stay focused.  He has  along career ahead of him if he wants it.

Sorry if I offend anyone who knows or is related to Carona, but he has been so inaccurate this season. I don't know if it is the line not holding or the holder not setting the ball fast enough, but he has had several blocked kicks this season. One last week against A&M was run back for 2 pts.

I don't believe Donnie kicked last week against A&M.

Like I said before...not trying to offend anyone associated with Carona. Fowler's kick was run back, so I was wrong on that note. Carona had one blocked as well. I do believe that it seems something is going on with the line. I noticed most of the pressure was coming through the deep snapper. Maybe this is the coach's way of lighting a fire under the kickers. I wouldn't put anything past Mike Leach.

This is a quote from an article on the A&M website about the game.

"While Johnson pedaled on a stationary bike, Batch finished a quick Texas Tech drive with a 3-yard touchdown run. A&M's Lucas Patterson blocked Donnie Carona's extra-point kick."

This is the hidden content, please

Donnie Carona has obviously struggled some. - Like banking one in off the upright.

BUT ! The blocked kicks can't be all his fault. His replacement had two extra points blocked ! And there has been a punt blocked this season (and Tech seldom punts).

You have to think there are  more problems with the special teams than just the kicker.

Donnie will return to kicking XP's and FG's this week.

He never lost his kick off kickoff duties. And if they break a return while he is on the field, like Coach Leach said "Carona he will put a lick on 'em !"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn