Tyler County Basketball

scbc

Are these the only schools worth a look?

You may want to go to Hardin County if you are new to the area to see some good basketball.Hardin Jefferson,Silsbee and Kountze will all 3 be pretty entertaining.Tyler County will have 5 teams ,Woodville,Spurger,Warren,Colmesneil and Chester.While I don't know much about Colmesneil or Chester except that they aren't normally known for there basketball clubs the other 3 took some huge hits from graduation last year.Woodville has always had talent but they seem to put the football program ahead of everything else.Spurger will be young and may take awhile to get used to not having Whittaker and Sheffield,they do have some excellent young players but may be a year away from being a legitamate threat.Warren returns one letterman but will likely start 4 seniors so they will have to learn on the court.Overall I think Tyler County will be down a little this year on the hardwood.I also think Polk county will  miss McKinney more than they realize,he was the MAN at Big Sandy  ;) ;) ;)

big sandy will be fine you people must be forgetting about corey tolar, melton abbey, and mikey kowena and plus if you think about it mckinney was only about 50% healthy during the playoffs and big sandy still made it to state, and if its true about cayugas summerville that opens the door wide for big sandy to make it to state again, but this time win it.

I had the opportunity to watch McKinney and the Wildcats a lot throughout the summer and during the season last year.Big Sandy will be a good club but a strong post man is what seperates to the pretty good teams from the very good ones.McKinney was the leader of that club plain and simple.If he had stayed healthy throughout the playoffs last year BS would have came out of the drum with the gold.BS is very well coached and will play great defense and shoot the ball well,the question mark about them will be on the boards.If they can replace Mckinney there they will be legit but that will be tough to do.

.Spurger will be young and may take awhile to get used to not having Whittaker and Sheffield,they do have some excellent young players but may be a year away from being a legitamate threat.

Spurger is doing good the have the same team as last year and like he said we did lose 2 starters! but the rest of the team is the same and is doing great, but i wish I could say the same about our JV lol their not doing so good!

big sandy will be fine you people must be forgetting about corey tolar, melton abbey, and mikey kowena and plus if you think about it mckinney was only about 50% healthy during the playoffs and big sandy still made it to state, and if its true about cayugas summerville that opens the door wide for big sandy to make it to state again, but this time win it.

What is up with Summerville?

.Spurger will be young and may take awhile to get used to not having Whittaker and Sheffield,they do have some excellent young players but may be a year away from being a legitamate threat.

Spurger is doing good the have the same team as last year and like he said we did lose 2 starters! but the rest of the team is the same and is doing great, but i wish I could say the same about our JV lol their not doing so good!

It's not always the number of starters you lose but the caliber of players.Phillip Whittaker was the heart and soul of the pirates last year and both the Sheffield kids started when I saw them.Between those 3 players they carried the bulk of scoring for the Pirates.I enjoy watching Spurger and look for George and his classmates to do well just don't expect to much to quick.They will be solid but will go through some growing pains this year at times.

Warren will be in beast mode this year!!!

warren has lot its entire starting five from last year i think it will down year for warren basketball. Who do they have?

Warren will probably start very slow because everyone they have except Cody plays football.They didn't get much playing time last year and didn't play a whole lot over the summer so no one knows how they will do.You will probably have Andrews,Young,Blackshear,Riley and Scritchfield or Greeson starting.Greeson has a lot of potential and the younger Blackshear boy may also get some minutes.I haven't seen a schedule so I couldn't say what kind of record would be feasible.

Young will be a real aggressive defender but usually stays in foul trouble as a result.Brandon has all the tools if he just lets the game come to him he could be pretty darn good.Not sure where the points will come from with this group.They are gonna be pretty small so coming off the screens may be a problem.If they learn to set solid pics and free Cody up he can shoot the open 3.I think there 2 biggest challenges will be defense and rebounding and they will learn quick,if you don't do those 2 it's hard to win.I hope they do well this year,I'll be watching and yelling for em.

warren has lot its entire starting five from last year i think it will down year for warren basketball. Who do they have?

The only definite starters for warren will be Blake Riley, Brandon Young, Cody Andrews, and James Blackshear.. the other starting position is not determined yet..

The only definite starters for warren will be Blake Riley, Brandon Young, Cody Andrews, and James Blackshear.. the other starting position is not determined yet..

I don't think there are any definite starters a month before practice starts.While the 4 you named have a good shot at starting the Greeson kid was probably the best team player on the club this past summer.For this group be competetive they will have to learn to play team basketball and that will start with setting screens to get Blackshear and Andrews open.

• 3 weeks later...

Warren will probably start very slow because everyone they have except Cody plays football.They didn't get much playing time last year and didn't play a whole lot over the summer so no one knows how they will do.You will probably have Andrews,Young,Blackshear,Riley and Scritchfield or Greeson starting.Greeson has a lot of potential and the younger Blackshear boy may also get some minutes.I haven't seen a schedule so I couldn't say what kind of record would be feasible.

Those are the sure starting four but i think it will be someone besides Greeson and Scritchfield. Scritchfield looked good down low last year and was a really good rebounder and thats what they need.  I'm not saying that one of them wont start because no one really knows.. im just sayin there are players that ive seen play that are equal or better than if given the chance and could start over them two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics