Best Runnin Back in 2A????

jrrd2010

Guest rykerx144

I think tha B Jackson from Kville would be the unanimus choice and would have the stats to back it up if he would get to play more than 2 quarters each week.  I read each week about how people are complaining about running up the score and leaving the starters in.  My question is what about players like Jackson whos numbers suffer greatly because he gets pulled in the first quarter because someone might get their feelings hurt if they loose by too much.  When a college recruit looks at a sheet with players stats it list the actual stats for that week it dont say anything about he was only 6 carries for 100 yards with three tds because he got pulled because the other team was unable to compete and he had to sit out the last three quarters. It only reads 6 for 100 3td is that really fair!!

I think tha B Jackson from Kville would be the unanimus choice and would have the stats to back it up if he would get to play more than 2 quarters each week.  I read each week about how people are complaining about running up the score and leaving the starters in.  My question is what about players like Jackson whos numbers suffer greatly because he gets pulled in the first quarter because someone might get their feelings hurt if they loose by too much.  When a college recruit looks at a sheet with players stats it list the actual stats for that week it dont say anything about he was only 6 carries for 100 yards with three tds because he got pulled because the other team was unable to compete and he had to sit out the last three quarters. It only reads 6 for 100 3td is that really fair!!

I would just like to say that you have changed my point of veiw on that situation. I totally agree with what you just said it is unfair. Before I said it was unfair for the other team but with that statement it altered my opinion. My thing is not everyone sees things as they are and they look at a score 67 to 7 and they say their classless for running up the score. "Danged if you do Danged if you dont!"

Only if you assume that a coach/scout for a college team is an absolute moron that can't figure out what 6 carries for 100 yards and 3 TDs means...which they are not.  In fact leaving a back in against a vastly overmatched team would probably not help them much at at all because those coaches and scouts are NOT morons.  They likely won't be impressed with 42 carries for 700 yards and 21 TDs in that same game anymore than the 6-100-3.  In fact you could make the argument that it would HURT their recruitment chances since they might be tempted to discount "padded" stats.  The bottom line on that is if a kid has the tools to play at the next level pulling him out in a rout is not going to keep him from getting there.

I have not sen him in person but the consensus around the state seems to be for the kid at Rice Consolidated.

I guess BIG_BOB has yet to play Buna.  I think what my man Buna Baseball 13 was trying to point out was that we may not have the best RB (although, when healthy, Mr. Craft can really move it), but we have the most formidable group of backs in the area.  Most teams have one or 2, we have probably 6, if you include QB Clark.  Give the undefeated Coogs a bit of respect out there.

I guess BIG_BOB has yet to play Buna.  I think what my man Buna Baseball 13 was trying to point out was that we may not have the best RB (although, when healthy, Mr. Craft can really move it), but we have the most formidable group of backs in the area.  Most teams have one or 2, we have probably 6, if you include QB Clark.  Give the undefeated Coogs a bit of respect out there.

I will say congrats to the coogs there doing a great job over there.... ,but i wouldn't say you have the best group of backs in the area  Kville has 5 and they all get the ball and all are very very good and little hazelwood you aint going to stop him when he gets the call to run the ball, he will lay a hit on you before you can get one on him i promise you that....... :o

RESPECT is not given just because you think you should have it , It is Earned on the field year in & year out. So if you want it stop winning about it and get out there and Earn it

so ur saying that the kirbyville backfield doesn't have depth..i think that kirbyville has one of the best backfields in the area..and one of the reasons is because of the depth and the ability to keep in fresh backs..when u look at it there is B. Jackson, S. Jackson, L. Ford, J. Ervine, F. Rhodes, B. Burley and they all spread their playin time evenly and if u have seen a kirbyville game u would agree that they are all very good backs.

Guest rykerx144

B. Jackson, S. Jackson, L. Ford, J. Ervine, F. Rhodes, B. Burley  I would predict that four out of the six would be the starting rb at any other school in the district if not all six

B. Jackson, S. Jackson, L. Ford, J. Ervine, F. Rhodes, B. Burley  I would predict that four out of the six would be the starting rb at any other school in the district if not all six

I totally agree and for Buna yall are a pretty good team but to say the best backs no it no match for the best backs in 2A.

Please reread my post, I don not believe I ever dissed another team.  I try to not do that.  Those kind of posts could turn into bulletin board material.  I totally respect Kirbyville and every other team in the area.  There are very few boys out there on Friday night not giving 100%.  But what I did say, was that Buna "have the most formidable group of running backs", poor choice with most, I should have worded it "has a very formidable".  Sorry for the mistalk.  Respect from Buna to all area RB's and teams...And for PiratesDad4410, when did we whine, and when did we not earn any respect?  Ya'll don't respect our team?  Not sure what your post has to do with anything. 

B Jackson is the real deal...when you are recruited by half a doz. DI schools from a school the size of Kville...you are pretty special...not to mention this kid is crazy smart...Something like a 24 on the ACT as a Soph...I believe he is a solid verbal to Rice at this point but I think A&M is still on his radar...As for the future S jackson, L Ford, and F Rhodes are unreal...remember Stephan Jackson in the next couple of years!!!

I would love to see the Newton / Kirbyville game, maybe they should move that game to a Saturday night, so more of Southeast Texas can see it.  Maybe move it to PNG or Silsbee.  Game of the year.

Having witnessed many of the Kville/Newton games it does need a bigger stadium...Take the Ned/PNG games as far as shear numbers and down size it a little bit...stands are already packed as it is...ppl surrounding the entire stadium watching the game.

I would love to see the Newton / Kirbyville game, maybe they should move that game to a Saturday night, so more of Southeast Texas can see it.  Maybe move it to PNG or Silsbee.  Game of the year.

hey bruno great ideal why don't you start a poll to see how many people would go see this game you have my vote.

hey bruno great ideal why don't you start a poll to see how many people would go see this game you have my vote.

I Think its a pretty good idea but do you think ether head coach would even consider it?? I have my doubts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124