Hemphill vs. Kirbyville predictions

i think hemphill might get one score in but thats it. kville 50+, and sometimes you cant help it if you score 60+. i mean come on guys, what are you suppose to tell the rb, "run the other way"?..... well i did remember us kicking a field goal and punting on first down(funny memories) when it got bad, but that could be more embarrasing to the other team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all this talk about running up the score. yet the team still NEEDS PRACTICE

looking at all different types of plays not running against their own team in practice.

whats the point in going half speed in games just to pad the score and send the

other team home hqppy in a VARSITY contest? what good did all those difficult opponets

in pre season do them then? play soft through all their district games til newton and

they will be in shape as if they were playing 1A schools and be far less confident in what they CAN do

Practice yes slaughtering teams so that the players feel there is no need to play NO! You have to have some kind of common courtesy with high school teams. If you can score with second string guys and still score go ahead.

looking at all different types of plays not running against their own team in practice.

other team home hqppy in a VARSITY contest? what good did all those difficult opponets

in pre season do them then? play soft through all their district games til newton and

they will be in shape as if they were playing 1A schools and be far less confident in what they CAN do

Practice yes slaughtering teams so that the players feel there is no need to play NO! You have to have some kind of common courtesy with high school teams. If you can score with second string guys and still score go ahead.

read the post ....... nobody is talking about slaughtering teams just to do so. all im saying is that they have many formations and plays to look at to get BETTER. they also need to play those first three quarters (the starters) bc of how many kids play both sides of the ball. . . playoffs we'll all be able to see this pay off. and still with the score high you still have to let randy have some passes and let him do what he does... im just saying that if they still need work dont pull them out just bc the other plays scored. let them get a variety of plays in and work a lil to be in good enough shape for the time that they will actually NEED it. (week 10 and beyond)

read the post ....... nobody is talking about slaughtering teams just to do so. all im saying is that they have many formations and plays to look at to get BETTER. they also need to play those first three quarters (the starters) bc of how many kids play both sides of the ball. . . playoffs we'll all be able to see this pay off. and still with the score high you still have to let randy have some passes and let him do what he does... im just saying that if they still need work dont pull them out just bc the other plays scored. let them get a variety of plays in and work a lil to be in good enough shape for the time that they will actually NEED it. (week 10 and beyond)

Yea i totally agree that they need to practice but do it with respect for the other team to. You can have your practice and score but why not work on kicking feild goals. I mean I see where people come from from both ends of the situation but until you have been in a spot where your loseing 60 to 0 you are embarassed to even be on the feild.

are you (newton_eagles) talking about when we played coldsprings and did you use to play for kirbyville then ?

no i'm talking about when i played at newton. it was against someone like west hardin or something. i didnt witness this but a year or two before i played, a player who was a punt returner was told by barbay to kick the ball back to the punter when he recieved the punt from crockett. don't know how factual that was since i wasn't there but it sounded hilarious, wish i could seen that!

are you (newton_eagles) talking about when we played coldsprings and did you use to play for kirbyville then ?

no i'm talking about when i played at newton. it was against someone like west hardin or something. i didnt witness this but a year or two before i played, a player who was a punt returner was told by barbay to kick the ball back to the punter when he recieved the punt from crockett. don't know how factual that was since i wasn't there but it sounded hilarious, wish i could seen that!

Thats hilarious never seen that before. Doesnt even seem right. That seems more embarrassing than just losing by a lot.

K-ville could use some humilty.  I know last week a few buna people made comments about how big the score would be but not all.  Go ahead and boost how bad you will beat them, it says allot about your character.

Hemphill, seems like K-ville thinks the game is already won, sometimes they get their behinds handed to them!

I was pulling for K-ville to beat Newton but after reading some of the post, maybe not!  I thought Newton needed a good foot in the rear but maybe someone else needs a little lesson.

K-ville could use some humilty.  I know last week a few buna people made comments about how big the score would be but not all.  Go ahead and boost how bad you will beat them, it says allot about your character.

Hemphill, seems like K-ville thinks the game is already won, sometimes they get their behinds handed to them!

I was pulling for K-ville to beat Newton but after reading some of the post, maybe not!  I thought Newton needed a good foot in the rear but maybe someone else needs a little lesson.

READ all the post before you say that!!!! not one player for kville post any thing on this site and if they do and there coach finds out then shame on them.... and alot of ppl that has posted on this are not even from kville nor ever watched a kville football game... so watch what you say ;D

Kville 52 - 6...Not because Alvarez wants to run up the score but, rather, because Hemphill won't be able to stop the Kats from running up the score...I would be far more embarrased if my opponent intentionally kneeled the ball three times and punted...at least lining up and running the ball gives the losing team a "fair" chance at stopping a rout or, at best, a chance to retain their self-respect.

Think before you speak!!  Its mostly other people because they know who is going to win. I am one of them people I don't play but I know about football and I have watched Kirbyville play and there going to win big against all of their district games including week 10. There is no since in wishing the athletes would lose because a few people got on here and ran their mouth saying Kirbyville was gonna win big.

how often DOES buna put up scores like that? how often can buna take care of center and crockett

with a like 90-14 point difference in favor of buna? nobody tries to be rude but be realistic....

we all like SEEING close games, they are exciting, and we all know everyone CAN lose. but kirbyville

has an extremely explosive offense. with, in my opinion, one of the best qb's, wr's, and rb's in the state.

and the line is not bad. i would rather watch close games but honestly, kirbyville can still play 3A football

and wind up 9-1 regular season in the same district. not saying they WOULD but that they COULD. and like stated,

we are all just FANS and this asks for PREDICTIONS. i expected more out of shelbyville but i dont expect too much

out of hemphill. arn't they 2-3? or 3-2? idk.

barbay on the other hand, is the head coach and even though he has backed it up in his time, talks down grading

about teams and has no respect for bad teams as his interview was even posted on here. . . . he even cussed as he

was putting down teams. barbay is an outstanding football coach but its not kirbyville wanting to put down teams

or make them feel bad or talks about them. read posts. we give the teams credit for what they do GOOD in these

games, like the qb from shelbyville. outstanding player with drive

Coach Hall has done a tremendous job for the Hornets. As far as not expecting much from Hemphill, that's been the case ever since Coach took over...people having low expectations year in and year out.  But he silenced the critics by making the playoffs 3 straight years...which included an undefeated district championship run in 2005.

For the past 10 years, the Hemphill has put out a quality product--coming close to capturing the class 2A State Championship in 2001--only to drop a controversial decision to Blanco in the semi-finals by the score of 28 - 27.

Although a bit unmanned this season, expect a hard fought contest this Friday night in Kirbyville. These kids play with a great deal of heart and will battle 'til the end. 

For most here, the outcome of the game has already been determined.  Good luck to both teams.

i dont think its right to base ur opinion by how u see people act on here. most of these people who make ignorant posts arent even a part of the team..most of the time its fans trying to get stuff stirred up not the players

TXHORN...Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to stir up anything or belittle Hemphill, by any means. I simply feel that Kville is stronger now than they've ever been and that they will win out and WIN BIG against every opponent, including Newton. As far the outcome already being determined, I know better than that...Ask Michigan about determining the outcome before the kickoff. Anything can happen in football but there's nothing wrong with looking at the facts and using those facts to base an opinion on.

And, as for Kvillefootball...you're right...I don't live in, nor do I make the Kville games but I do listen to the games (between listening to Lumberton play) and I keep up with what's going on in the area...Also, I did play 7th grade football for the Wildcats (We beat Newton 8-0 that year, by the way (ha)) so I don't feel like a complete outsider...Good Luck!...Go Kats!!!

Guest wildcat58

the hornets will give their all and the game i feel will be competitive in the early stages , but then kville speed, size , and skill will allow them to pull away......kville 48 hemphill 12

I hate it when people complain about running up the score.  I have been on both sides of the issue.  It sucks not being able to stop somebody.  But on the other hand if your a playoff caliber team and have a shot of going deep then you must give your big dogs playing time to get them ready to play full games.  If it means simplifying your offense to fine tune basic plays then do it. But they need to stay on the field to build their stamina.  How many people complain when HJ and Silsbee run up the score in basketball?  None because they say they have to get in better shape to compete for state.  Football is the same way.  When you run into teams down the road in the playoffs that are in game shape they will have the upper hand.  At the same time a coach must realize that it is important to get his back ups in the game so they can gain valuable experience because you never know when injuries are going to occur and they will be relied on.  When your success as a coach relies on wins and losses you have to think whats best for your team as a whole.  If you were in the business world and you had an opportunity to make a big sale and your company profits greatly from it would you take it or would you settle for someone else coming in and taking part of your share??  You could argue that these are kids that are involved but what if the other businessman that you beat out to get the big sale have a family to support?  You as a coach are hired to have success with your team not your opponents.  Good Luck Kville.  When our fball season is over I cant wait to come see yall in the playoffs.  Hopefully you will play close to where im at. 

Kribyville has take a few butt whippings over the years.  I remember when Alto used to wax the floor with them.  Let them run up the score and play the starters for 4 quarters.  Mark my words though its a vicious cycle.  You beat people real bad all year and it gets real easy to lose a close game.  We played in the Golden Triangle 2 AA district my junior year and we outscored everyone by about 40 and got to the playooffs and lost by 3.

Kribyville has take a few butt whippings over the years.  I remember when Alto used to wax the floor with them.  Let them run up the score and play the starters for 4 quarters.  Mark my words though its a vicious cycle.  You beat people real bad all year and it gets real easy to lose a close game.  We played in the Golden Triangle 2 AA district my junior year and we outscored everyone by about 40 and got to the playooffs and lost by 3.

It wasn't your fault just like it isn't Kville's fault that they are that much better than the majority of the teams in their district.  It's all in how you prepare for each game.  I can promise you that this team is very well prepared for  each game!  I was a part of one of the teams that got waxed by Alto one year but they were in the same position as Kville is this year!  Newton has done it too, but it's Newton so that's generally means that it's ok!  Kville took their far share of it now it is their turn!  A team must never go 1/2 speed!  That is when people get hurt!  If you had a child on this team you wouldn't want them to slow themselves and the game down for the risk of getting hurt!  Nothing is wrong with the fact that they are a very good team this year.  If you think Kville is running it up on other teams you should look at the thread from a team in Florida that whipped another 91-0.  Just once can you give this team the credit that it deserves?  No, they haven't won anything yet but they are very good team that has a very good chance to make it to the state championship!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder