Livingston?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Livingston got slapped around by Lumberton but then they got beat by Vidor who got beat by Central who got beat by Lumberton. If Lumberton beat Central and Central beat Vidor, shouldn't Lumberton have beaten Vidor?

I think it is according to which night they play and how sharp the team is on that night. I've seen Nederland go a couple of games deep into the playoffs after getting humiliated by Central. You just can't tell by any given game. Comparing scores does not exist once the teams take the field.

Since Nederland handled Ozen fairly easily and Ozen beat Vidor, then Vidor might as well not show up to play the Bulldogs.... right? That is why you can't compare scores or make sense out of one game to the next.

we should have beat central

but coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Just my two cents.  But, the team that you saw play against Lumberton was not the same team that you saw play against Ozen and PNG.  There are something like 15 brand new varsity starters on this Livingston team that went 10-3 last year.  I know Lumberton is going through the same thing but the thing is Livingston only played ONE game on the season before we played Lumberton.  There is a ALOT of growing up and maturing going on with this Livingston team, day-by-day and game by game. 

I have been reading comments on here from Lumberton fans about how horrible Livingston is and that if a team in 20-4A gets beat by Livingston they are horrible as well.  Well, I can give you NUMEROUS reasons why we lost to you that are just excuses but I won't.  I will simply say that if you think that the same team that showed up in Lumberton after a 2 week layoff and inexperience galore is the same team playing at this time then I invite you to come out and watch Livingston again. You will see a team that is growing and maturing and believing in front of your eyes with every snap in every game.

20-4A has given Livingston ZERO respect this year and I understand that because we are the new kid on the block in this district but we came from a district last year that was just as hard and we know how to compete every game.  If fans from other teams want to just believe that we don't belong in the district then don't be surprised when we come into your stadium and take that respect that we do deserve.

Listen up...know matter what excuses U could give would hold any water whatsoever as to why Livingston lost to Lumberton. They lost to a superior team and were beaten badly. O.k, so Lumberton played 1 more game than Livingston before we played you. Lumberton lost A LOT of Seniors last year as well and were predicted to miss the playoffs this year. I think Lumberton had a layoff as well from Ike didn't they? PNG & Ozen are not Lumberton. Livingston did look better against those teams because they are not Lumberton. Lumberton made the Lions look bad that night, there is no denying that. Our starters sat out some of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. I didn't come on here to talk smack about Livingston. I was actually giving them some props and I'm from Lumberton. As a matter of fact I said they will make the playoffs this year. I'm saying they are not all that bad like everyone was on here saying after Lumberton beat them. Mostly Lumberton HATERS were saying these things.

right, and we beat yall badly also.... so quit runnin ur mouth

Actually, most of the comments about Livingston being horrible were from non-Lumberton fans. They said Livingston was horrible because Lumberton beat them as if Lumberton can only beat a horrible team and couldn't possibly beat another good team.

Actually you are incorrect. Most of the posts that said Livingston was horrible after the Lumberton game came from Lumberton fans. Go back and check.

O.K., it really doesn't matter as to how many Lumberton or non-Lumberton fans have said Livingston is horrible, there is no need for me to go back and check...it's not that important to me. All I know is that it wasn't all Lumberton fans saying this and I'm referring to Eagle singling out Lumberton fans calling Lions horrible whenever it wasn't all Lumberton.

so, what you are saying is, you don't wanna go back and look because you know you are wrong, so you will just say what you want and call it fact???

Livingston is not that good but not as bad as lumberton made them seem only reason lumberton beat livingston like that was because they didnt have all their players back due to the hurricane......against ozen they had all their athletes back

Wrong, we just played that bad against Lumberton.  We had the same starters on the field against Lumberton as we did against Ozen, just completely different attitude and execution.

Excellent post! It is all about execution each and every week. How do you explain the Redskins losing to the Rams at home after back-to-back impressive road wins at the Cowboys and at the Eagles? It is all about how a team plays THAT NIGHT. PERIOD, end of sentence. While I will agree that the better team will usually win, that is not always the case especially when you are talking about 16-18 year old kids on a given Friday. If the Cowboys played the Cardinals 5 times do you think the Cards would win EVERY time? If Texas played OU 5 times, do you think the Horns win all 5?  How often would Oregon State beat USC? It is all about how a team plays and matches up on the date that they actually face one another, not what they do before or after YOUR TEAM plays them.

ok, arizona vs dallis is in your favor...

but texas has beat oklahoma 3 out of the past 4 times

and oregon st has beat usc 2 out of 3 times... lmao

Livingston is not that good but not as bad as lumberton made them seem only reason lumberton beat livingston like that was because they didnt have all their players back due to the hurricane......against ozen they had all their athletes back

Wrong, we just played that bad against Lumberton.  We had the same starters on the field against Lumberton as we did against Ozen, just completely different attitude and execution.

Excellent post! It is all about execution each and every week. How do you explain the Redskins losing to the Rams at home after back-to-back impressive road wins at the Cowboys and at the Eagles? It is all about how a team plays THAT NIGHT. PERIOD, end of sentence. While I will agree that the better team will usually win, that is not always the case especially when you are talking about 16-18 year old kids on a given Friday. If the Cowboys played the Cardinals 5 times do you think the Cards would win EVERY time? If Texas played OU 5 times, do you think the Horns win all 5?  How often would Oregon State beat USC? It is all about how a team plays and matches up on the date that they actually face one another, not what they do before or after YOUR TEAM plays them.

ok, arizona vs dallis is in your favor...

but texas has beat oklahoma 3 out of the past 4 times

and oregon st has beat usc 2 out of 3 times... lmao

What I am saying is that just because those teams beat the others on a GIVEN DAY does not mean that they are better than the other or that the other team sucks. It's kind of like Lumberton smoking Livingston, then losing to Vidor, then Vidor goes and loses to Ozen who lost to Nederland and every other team they have faced all season. I would still after last week have a hard time convincing YOU that Ozen is better than VIDOR. They just were better than Vidor last Friday. There are so many instances of this each year. Nederland beat a very good Waller team last season and Waller was a MUCH BETTER team. Catch my drift?

Lumberton's fans are alway's looking for respect, that's the only reason this thread was started. The u was triing to say Livingston is good and we beat them and PNG could not, otherwise this would've been started by someone from Livingston. If Lumberton keeps winning the respect will come, Lumberton didn't just find a bunch of new athlete's and start winning, they found a coach and the kids bought into the system and it makes all the difference. Build off of each winning season and you will have lots of respect for your program, and stop losing to Vidor.

Did I say anything about PNG not beating Livingston...I don't think I did. I didn't even mention anything about PNG. Yes, this thread was somewhat started to prove a point that U Lumberton HATERS wanted to say Livingston was horrible and that was the only reason Lumberton beat them. When the Raiders beat a team that team is just not that good. Well, I wanted to show how wrong U HATERS were. Oh, and by the way, Lumberton does have some athletes/talent...it's not all coaching if that's what you're saying. Stop losing to Vidor huh...any team can lose to anyone on any given night, that's a fact. I don't know who U root for, but if it's PNG then well, U almost lost to Vidor last year if it weren't for a flag thrown in the last minute of the game. There is no need to look for any respect, you haters are just so wishy washy sometimes. Before Lumberton plays a team, that team is great. Lumberton beats that team, that team is all of a sudden bad. Then that same team starts to win games after losing to Lumberton. Then all of the excuses start to pour in.

To me this whole thread is senseless. Comparing games is just plain stupid. It's all about the matchups. Some teams just have an advantage over others. Contrast of styles, the type of team, type of athletes, whatever you want to call it. Some teams just match up better and some teams don't.

Senseless or not, I'm not comparing games...that wasn't my point here.

I agree! How do U explain Lumberton losing to Vidor? It just boggles the mind.  ;D

Just my two cents.  But, the team that you saw play against Lumberton was not the same team that you saw play against Ozen and PNG.  There are something like 15 brand new varsity starters on this Livingston team that went 10-3 last year.  I know Lumberton is going through the same thing but the thing is Livingston only played ONE game on the season before we played Lumberton.  There is a ALOT of growing up and maturing going on with this Livingston team, day-by-day and game by game. 

I have been reading comments on here from Lumberton fans about how horrible Livingston is and that if a team in 20-4A gets beat by Livingston they are horrible as well.  Well, I can give you NUMEROUS reasons why we lost to you that are just excuses but I won't.  I will simply say that if you think that the same team that showed up in Lumberton after a 2 week layoff and inexperience galore is the same team playing at this time then I invite you to come out and watch Livingston again. You will see a team that is growing and maturing and believing in front of your eyes with every snap in every game.

20-4A has given Livingston ZERO respect this year and I understand that because we are the new kid on the block in this district but we came from a district last year that was just as hard and we know how to compete every game.  If fans from other teams want to just believe that we don't belong in the district then don't be surprised when we come into your stadium and take that respect that we do deserve.

Listen up...know matter what excuses U could give would hold any water whatsoever as to why Livingston lost to Lumberton. They lost to a superior team and were beaten badly. O.k, so Lumberton played 1 more game than Livingston before we played you. Lumberton lost A LOT of Seniors last year as well and were predicted to miss the playoffs this year. I think Lumberton had a layoff as well from Ike didn't they? PNG & Ozen are not Lumberton. Livingston did look better against those teams because they are not Lumberton. Lumberton made the Lions look bad that night, there is no denying that. Our starters sat out some of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. I didn't come on here to talk smack about Livingston. I was actually giving them some props and I'm from Lumberton. As a matter of fact I said they will make the playoffs this year. I'm saying they are not all that bad like everyone was on here saying after Lumberton beat them. Mostly Lumberton HATERS were saying these things.

right, and we beat yall badly also.... so quit runnin ur mouth

At least U Vidorians got to enjoy your win for a week. That was your Super Bowl this year...beating Lumberton.

Actually, most of the comments about Livingston being horrible were from non-Lumberton fans. They said Livingston was horrible because Lumberton beat them as if Lumberton can only beat a horrible team and couldn't possibly beat another good team.

Actually you are incorrect. Most of the posts that said Livingston was horrible after the Lumberton game came from Lumberton fans. Go back and check.

O.K., it really doesn't matter as to how many Lumberton or non-Lumberton fans have said Livingston is horrible, there is no need for me to go back and check...it's not that important to me. All I know is that it wasn't all Lumberton fans saying this and I'm referring to Eagle singling out Lumberton fans calling Lions horrible whenever it wasn't all Lumberton.

so, what you are saying is, you don't wanna go back and look because you know you are wrong, so you will just say what you want and call it fact???

I'm never wrong.  ;D Lumberton and Raider Haters both said the same types of things about Livingston. I don't know the percentages of people from Lumberton or other cities that said these things and I'm not about to go back and check every single post to get statistics...catch my drift. Like I said it's not that important to me. The point is, it wasn't all Lumberton people like they were single out by the other poster. I know this thread is getting very old about now but I just can't help myself arguing with a Vidorian. U people have now made me want to become the bestest of friends with Dayton.

Guest tigersvoice

I agree! How do U explain Lumberton losing to Vidor? It just boggles the mind.  ;D

Maybe that was the "One out of five." ::)

All of you HATERS on this thread are really sad and pathetic. You have to get together as a group and try and trash Lumberton ..................

Vidor Pirate is a HATER

................Lumberton and Raider Haters both said the same types of things about Livingston. ..............

...............Mostly Lumberton HATERS were saying these things.

......... Yes, this thread was somewhat started to prove a point that U Lumberton HATERS......

You Lumberton haters this................you Lumberton haters that. You dirty Lumberton haters you...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

violin_playing_hw.gif

I'm never wrong.  ;D Lumberton and Raider Haters both said the same types of things about Livingston. I don't know the percentages of people from Lumberton or other cities that said these things and I'm not about to go back and check every single post to get statistics...catch my drift. Like I said it's not that important to me. The point is, it wasn't all Lumberton people like they were single out by the other poster. I know this thread is getting very old about now but I just can't help myself arguing with a Vidorian. U people have now made me want to become the bestest of friends with Dayton.

So since as you said "it's not that important to me" explain to us again why you started the thread ??? ::)

Look facts are that when Lumberton beat Livingston, Livingston was 0-2 and had lost previously to a bad 3A. I don't recall anyone other than Lumberton actually seeing Livingston play up to that point, so most of us local HS football fans took what the Lumberton folks said about Livingston as solid information.

Some of the posts from Lumberton fans imediately after Lumberton beat Livingston:

raid07

Re: *Lumberton vs. Livingston Updates/6PM START/LISTEN TO GAME HERE*

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:05 PM » Quote 

Mark my words, Livingston WILL NOT win a game in 20-4A this year.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raid07

Re: *Lumberton vs. Livingston Updates/6PM START/LISTEN TO GAME HERE*

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 09:42:26 PM » Quote 

>Quote from: raid07 on September 30, 2008, 09:07:05 PM

Mark my words, Livingston WILL NOT win a game in 20-4A this year.

>Quote from: earlwick on September 30, 2008, 09:32:18 PM

You are right they are terrible!  I watched a half of it and had to leave it was ridiculous.  Lumberton has a ways to go before they can get their hopes up.  They will struggle to get into the playoffs this year from what I saw.

>Quote from: BIGMO44 on September 30, 2008, 09:39:54 PM

You obviously don't know a da  thing about football!!!

I think his assessment is fairly accurate. As a Raider fan myself, I caution you against thinking this victory was more than it was. Livingston is a bad team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iwonsee

Re: *Lumberton vs. Livingston......LUMBERTON WINS 37-16*

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 06:33:43 PM » Quote 

Just my thoughts!!!!!!

Lumberton beat a weak team but hey we have to play them all just like everyone else in district!

And I found one guy that really seams to despise all things Lumberton "earlwick" that ragged on Lumberton for beating up on what he called a "bad" Livingston team. Other than that I couldn't find anything from any other non-LTrain fans! What do you guys in Lumberton want? You had a great year last year and we all sang your praises and congratulated you and many of us went out and supported you in the playoffs. If you think that from week 0 to week 10 we will be going to any Lumberton games to root for your home team rather than our home team your insane! Make the playoffs again and many of us in the area will come out in support again as we have done for years. That is what makes SETX unique from many other areas in the state. We support one another come week 11 and take great pride in SETX football and our community!

All of you HATERS on this thread are really sad and pathetic. You have to get together as a group and try and trash Lumberton ..................

Vidor Pirate is a HATER

................Lumberton and Raider Haters both said the same types of things about Livingston. ..............

...............Mostly Lumberton HATERS were saying these things.

......... Yes, this thread was somewhat started to prove a point that U Lumberton HATERS......

You Lumberton haters this................you Lumberton haters that. You dirty Lumberton haters you...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

violin_playing_hw.gif

;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami