*Jasper vs. Diboll/Diboll Wins/Comments*

Anyone have any stats on this game?  I would especially like to know the number of penalties called against Jasper versus the number of penalties called against Diboll.  Diboll flat out beat Jasper, but the penalties were very one sided. IMO

I don't have the stats yet, waiting for lufkin daily news to post write up.  Diboll had 4 penalties, official stat.  One was a holding call. had defensive off sides, and don't know other 2. 

One was a delay of game and the other a false start.  The offsides almost wasn't called and it took a meeting of all the officials before they decided to mark it off.  I guarantee you that Jasper had at least 10 penalties called against them.  The only one called against Diboll that was a judgment call was the one and only holding call at the end of the 3rd quarter.

And it was the no calls that really ticked me off.  Jasper got called for a late hit out of bounds.  Later a Diboll player threw a Jasper player to the ground when they were clearly out of bounds and there was no call.  Several times Diboll players were blocking Jasper players below the knees and it was never called.  It was very one-sided to say the least.

Well I will have to agree with the officiating, I was trying my hardest to get tossed from the stadium. Imagine me being unsportsmanlike to the referee.

But the critical thing for us (Jasper) is we couldn't stop a pass to save our lives.  when we did get in to the QB we couldn't contain him on the sides, and I am not really sure if our cornerbacks and safeties really knew who was in their coverage.  but great game for the lumberjacks, and Jasper need to come alive next week and the rest of the season

I remember a few Jasper penalties.

...... holding on the would-be 3rd rushing TD for Armstrong, and followed with dead ball penalty by Jasper lineman for running his mouth to ref.   

Thank you for the info.

The Jasper fans were incensed on this late call.  There was no flag, Armstrong had scored.  After what seemed like a short eternity, all of a sudden the ref came alive and flung the flag in the air way back from the play.  I have only this to say to the refs, call the penalties when they happen.  Don't wait to see if Jasper scored.  No wonder the Jasper player reacted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124