PN-G - Ned game

Well Crap..............first off Congrats to Nederland..........sad for me because now I have to hear "Poor Little Indian Boy's," from my wife for the next 350+ day's...........lol

Since this thread is about calls I did not like how two calls were made and it brought questions out to me about the whole crew.

IN FIRST HALF  (two young kids had to leave at half)

1st you had a deep pass from Nederland down the right sideline (PNG defending).   As soon as the ball hits the ground the back judge throws his flag about 20 yrds behind the play about 10 feet away from the line judge ( on Nederland's sideline). Think the call was def holding or pass interference...don't remember.  If he saw it then he should have thrown it then, not wait until after the ball, which landed 5 yards over everyones head hits the ground.  Just looked bad!!

2nd you had PNG with a pass down the middle of the field.  Again play had ended, waaaay ended, then the line judge on  the PNG side comes out to the area of the pass and throws his flag (not the back judge) and calls defensive holding.  same thing if you saw it throw it.  The waiting brings about questioning of judgment JMO.

Period point blank.............. the crew could have been blind as bats...... Nederland outplayed PNG   :'(

The refs blew the holding/unsportsmanlike call. PNG got robbed of a down when Nederland declined the holding call.

As far as hitting the receiver on the supposed fair catch, I never saw a fair catch signal and I was right in front of where he received the ball. I never saw his hand go clearly above his head and start waving side to side. If that was claimed to be a fair catch, either the receiver doesn't know how to signal it or he was trying to get away with one. 

It doesn't have to be a block in the back for the block to carry the defender into the punt returner.

You are correct, but when you see it on replay you will see that it should have been a block in the back.

Also on the kick return before the waved of penalty occured, the PNG receiver waved his hand in the air once (I think to signal he had it) then took off running. Should have been a penalty on PNG. Oh Well. They ain't right all the time! ;D

"The fair catch bobble does nullify a fair catch from my understanding"

Not true...If a fair catch signal is made the receiver can bounce the ball all over his body until he catches it and the defenders have to give him room. But once it hits the ground it's a live ball.

"and the guy was blocked into the receiver on that play."

It looked like such was the case, but if so why no flag on PNG for illegal block in the back??

I thought for the most part the crew did pretty good with the execption of that one brain fart they had. I doubt all 12,000 people have ever left MCM without at least one fan complaing about the officiating.  ;)

Thank you for your support. The brain fart can be blamed on me. I was walking back to step off the holding penalty and replay the down when the dead ball fould occurred. That's what threw me off. I knew they would take the penalty and wipe out the gain so i forgot about the yardage gained. We/I gave the Ned. captain wrong options because I told him if he declined the live ball and took the dead ball the down would stand and they'd be penalized 1/2 the distance from the previous spot, which is what he accepted. That was wrong, I lost track on the yardage gained. If we had gave him the correct options he would have accepted both fouls. That would have put the ball on the 11 for the live ball then half the distance for the dead ball and it should have been 2 down with the line to gain still the 31. Instead we gave them 3rd on the 12 with the line to gain still the 31. I wish it didn't happen but it did. It was not a late hit call it was spearing, he lead with the crown. That is called to protect the tackler not the ball carrier. Tackles like that can caused spinal damage. The fair catch/no fair catch was deemd not a fair catch signal, but shading his eyes. the waved off flag was because the kid was blocked into him. for the record none of our crew lives,lived, schooled or know any kids that play in mid county although one nice lady informed me different. I still have a little bit left on my left cheek if someone would like to chew on it.......fire away

"The fair catch bobble does nullify a fair catch from my understanding"

Not true...If a fair catch signal is made the receiver can bounce the ball all over his body until he catches it and the defenders have to give him room. But once it hits the ground it's a live ball.

"and the guy was blocked into the receiver on that play."

It looked like such was the case, but if so why no flag on PNG for illegal block in the back??

I thought for the most part the crew did pretty good with the execption of that one brain fart they had. I doubt all 12,000 people have ever left MCM without at least one fan complaing about the officiating.  ;)

Thank you for your support. The brain fart can be blamed on me. I was walking back to step off the holding penalty and replay the down when the dead ball fould occurred. That's what threw me off. I knew they would take the penalty and wipe out the gain so i forgot about the yardage gained. We/I gave the Ned. captain wrong options because I told him if he declined the live ball and took the dead ball the down would stand and they'd be penalized 1/2 the distance from the previous spot, which is what he accepted. That was wrong, I lost track on the yardage gained. If we had gave him the correct options he would have accepted both fouls. That would have put the ball on the 11 for the live ball then half the distance for the dead ball and it should have been 2 down with the line to gain still the 31. Instead we gave them 3rd on the 12 with the line to gain still the 31. I wish it didn't happen but it did. It was not a late hit call it was spearing, he lead with the crown. That is called to protect the tackler not the ball carrier. Tackles like that can caused spinal damage. The fair catch/no fair catch was deemd not a fair catch signal, but shading his eyes. the waved off flag was because the kid was blocked into him. for the record none of our crew lives,lived, schooled or know any kids that play in mid county although one nice lady informed me different. I still have a little bit left on my left cheek if someone would like to chew on it.......fire away

Don't worry if they don't get it this week someone new will get it next week. Really it should be more like a lizard's tail and grow back each week. ;D

We ran another play. It should have been 2nd and 20 instead of 3rd and 20. It really should have been 1st and 10 from 15 yards back of the run after Ned declined the holding penalty. If it was a great call, why did he not throw the flag until after the play was over? Watch the replay. He throws the flag after Wright has ran for 30 plus yards. Maybe he had trouble getting the flag out. Let's face it. There were several horrible calls.

1. The fair catch / non fair catch when it was obvious we called a fair catch and the PN-G guy was hit.

2. The PF on Gaspard when the WR was not even down when he dove for him.

3. The actual late hit on Wright when he and the defender rolled out of bounds and Wright was drove back down again.

4. The botched PF / holding call after taking 5 minutes to discuss it and still screw it up.

But, that is not why we lost. We lost due to a lack of game changers (people who take one handed juggling catches 74 yards for a TD on 3rd and 13). A lack of people who can field a punt or kickoff. No pressure from the ends (that was key for us last year). We were outcoached and outplayed. The refs calls were like having dirt rubbed in your eyes after getting both of them blackened.

1. The fair catch was bobbled which makes it open game.  It was bobbled or bothched right there all night, but our coaches insisted on leaving 33 in there to field it.........Our fault.

2. I know the play your talking about and that was a very crappy call.  Gaspard was already in full tackle mode before the Ned guy even hit the ground....real bad call.

3. The tackle on Wright on that play went all the way to the benches.....Unbelievable.

4. The calls were not botched....just the penalization.

1. I think if you watch the game tonight you will find that the NHS player was pulling up on the fair catch and was blocked into the receiver. You actually got away with one there, it should have been a penalty for hitting in the back!

i was doen on the end of the field and saw the play, saw the kid fly in their late with his helmet and thought thats a personal foul, the penalties definetly hurt us on some good gains, way too many, but when they stack 9 in the box why do you keep running there we definetly outcoached sat night.

Never fear NDN fans our little indian players are doing good, we got some promising QBs and alot of good recievers developing and as always great RBs, and our "D" hits and put a "!" on it, quuick fast and flock to the ball

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder