ATTN: PENNY ----- I'M HERE TO EAT CROW!! NEDERLAND WAS THE BETTER TEAM!

Guest KHS 89

Guest KHS 89

Your boys came to win!   Congrats on a dominating win!  Not only did you pass successfully against the Indians, you ran that ball down our throat!

I have kept my word, CONGRATULATIONS!

Good luck in your remaining games!!!

:-* :-*

this game is unpredictable just about every year

No actually this game has been very predictable every year since Burnett took over.  PNG wins once every four years with the same talent as Nederland. Go figure. Nederland is better gameday coached. Better playcalling. The coaches put them into position to win. PNG has the talent on offense this year to run the three receiver set and run a balanced offense. But our play calling sucks until we are down 20+. Tatum has a great arm, is very acurate and has some pretty good receivers to throw to (DeRon, Segura, Ceigelski), but he is being held back by the piss poor playcalling.

This should have been a shootout. I still think Nederland wins if PNG comes out in the three receiver set to begin the game, but I think it would have been more like 41-35.

Props to the Neuman and company once again. Puting Grogan at tailback changed the complexion of that offense ten fold! PNG had to respect the run this year and put no pressure on Bellows.

Congrats Bulldog nation!

p.s. Neuman is also smart enough to let good ole' Matt win one every now and then so he will stick around  ;)

This district race is getting interesting, Lumberton/PNG/Ned/Vidor/Central... all look like they have a good shot.

As for the Nederland coaching staff, yes they will outcoach you most every night.  Nobody prepares a football team like Larry Neumann, and nobody circles the wagons like Larry Neumann.  Nederland's defense is healthy again, that never hurts... we were nowhere near 100% against WOS, so it's nice to have our boys back.

There is a group out there that need two helpings of crow ;D They had all kinds of words of advice on the Grogan move to RB. He has two starts at RB and has put up yards that most HS RB's don't get in a year. He was a good defensive player, but he is a game changer at RB.

Good point...that's why coaching should be left to coaches, especially in Nederland where they obviously know what they are doing and get the kids in the right spots giving our team the best opportunity to win...great team effort this entire week by the Dogs

Good point...that's why coaching should be left to coaches, especially in Nederland where they obviously know what they are doing and get the kids in the right spots giving our team the best opportunity to win...great team effort this entire week by the Dogs

You are right about that, but when coaches don't give your team the right tools to succeed (over and over again), shouldn't they be called on it.

I have said for years that Neuman had the best staff in SETX because they adjust year in and year out, game in and game out. The playcalling is good and full of imagination and the kids are not held back.

One question for you Dog fans:

Is there anyone that was at the game last night sitting on the home side that watched PNG's offense in the first quarter and a half, that didn't know what was coming? Against 10 men in the box at that???????

Is there anyone that was at the game last night sitting on the home side that watched PNG's offense in the first quarter and a half, that didn't know what was coming? Against 10 men in the box at that???????

Maybe the cheerleaders.

Maybe the cheerleaders.

Only because they were facing the crowd  ;D

My good friend and Indian fan sent me a text before the game and told me he would bet money that the game plan would be the standard one, run, run, pas, punt. I told him I hoped they didn't change it because it was a good one for us, we have seen it before :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami