Baytown Lee - Seven Lakes

im ready for the sterling/lee game in a couple weeks! in Sterling's game, Sterling looked like a team that hadnt played/practiced in a while and Katy Taylor looked like they had been going all year, prolly cause that was basically the case as I am sure was the situation in the Lee game.....suprisingly with Sterling's defeat I am not that bummed, they looked like they couldve beaten Katy Taylor (possibly badly as indicated by the 20-7 Sterling lead at one point before the turnover bug hit BIG time) but every thing that could go against them did in their game (turnovers, tons of flags, even an 80 yard TD run called back)....Sterling's defense looks good the offense needs some practice to get their timing and execution back down, they SHOULD roll at New Caney next week giving them some momentum going into "The Game"

panamamyers, from what I seen of Katy Taylor and have heard of Lee I think the Ganders should take the game by a couple TDs just in case if you were wondering....really I don't think Katy Taylor is that good Sterling just played that bad after the 1st quarter, their offense looked nothing like the first couple games....

We shall see what happens this weekend against Katy Taylor.

Apparently, Lee looked like a completely different team once #7 took over at qb.  He had been out with an injury all year.

Lee has enough weapons on offense to score some points.  Not near as many points as one might be used to if you have seen Lee's high powered offense in the past, but enough to win games.

The Lee defense is the part of the equation that will surprise people this year.

They are very, very fast throughout the starting 11.

Thomas Bates, Trey Murray and Dandrick Jackson made up 3/4ths of the 400 relay team for Baytown this past summer during summer track.  Bates is at one safety, while Jackson and Murray are the outside linebackers.  Trenton Warren and CJ Mixon are the corners and they are both very fast.  Zellars at noseguard is a bull. 

7Lakes moved on us occasionally.  The main problem Lee had was when 7L would surprise us with a little down the line option.  Lee has all 3 defensive linemen bunched in over the guard/center/guard usually, so when you get outside in a hurry there's not a lot of turbulence out there.  7L had one 70 yard pass that should have been intercepted by two Lee defenders, but their receiver made an exceptional catch on the bounce.  Without that fluke, 7Lakes only had 180 yards of offense on about 55 plays from scrimmage.  This Lee defense is probably the best one we have had since 1997.

It's a little bit better than the one we had in 2003 in my opinion.  There's only the question as to if they will be too tired.  Jackson and Bates both play a lot on offense as well as defense.  DE Montgomery plays offensive guard quite a bit.  Linebacker #11 also plays on offense occasionally as does the other de Raymond.

We have a lot of guys going both ways.  It looks more like a 4a team than a 5a team.

We will see how it turns out.  I won't be here for the Sterling game as I will be on my honeymoon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami