Nederland vs. Ozen Tue. Sept. 30 Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellows is perfect for this offense.... He is doing so good many people often forget he is only a Jr. with one year of QB experience. I don't even recall him playing QB as a freshman. Critique him all you want but then sit back and watch him mature...Grogan being able to run the ball and stay in the backfield and pick up the linebacker blitz is what helped make the spread work.

dude,

come on now, i know you wanted this offense to fail sat.  which should bother you alittle since your a bigned fan or was once one.  Just so you could have said i told you so?  Am i right?  It shows all big ned fans that a good rb and make a world of a difference, which we did not have last year.

Guest 87CRU79

Nice to see that one of my Nederland breathren cant refrain from jumpin on my back, or just thouroughly enjoys conjuring up old arguments because they have nothing better to do with their time

Look, my observations about our spread were made before the PNG game, and I'll bet that I'm not the only one that thought Kirby would benefit more from a Pro-Style offense. I stand corrected in the fact that since the WOS game, Nederland has performed well in the Spread Offense. I hope that they can keep up the pace they have been playing at over the lst few weeks.

About last year....we had 3 quality RB's that alternated playing time last season. The problem wasn't with the backs, it was with the offensive line. Ask anyone who knows anything about the technical aspects of football (ie. coaches, upper level players, etc) and they will agree with me. I know, I have spoken to many of them.

Point being, last year was last year, and this year the Dogs are making a push.

As always good luck to MY Bulldogs

Guest 87CRU79

Were they your flag football coaches because you sound like a 7 year old

I am a student of the game, and I surround myself with intelligent people who also study the game I love so dearly. I may make a wrong analysis every now and again, but it's rather immature for you to revel in it so much. Go ahead and make fun of me all you want about how I speak to area coaches and journalists, but at least I'm speaking to an intelligent crowd when I do so. Not like you, who more than likely sits in the stands enjoying his jumbo popcorn, shouting ignorantly at the top of your lungs because you don't understand whats goin on, and wishing you can relive the glory days of when you sat on the sideline and watch the real athletes play.

Grow up man, and let this go

I am a student of the game, and I surround myself with intelligent people who also study the game I love so dearly. I may make a wrong analysis every now and again, but it's rather immature for you to revel in it so much. Go ahead and make fun of me all you want about how I speak to area coaches and journalists, but at least I'm speaking to an intelligent crowd when I do so. Not like you, who more than likely sits in the stands enjoying his jumbo popcorn, shouting ignorantly at the top of your lungs because you don't understand whats goin on, and wishing you can relive the glory days of when you sat on the sideline and watch the real athletes play.

I don't think i have ever had jumbo popcorn, but i would love to try some.  Help me dude, with you high level of intelligence what is a foward pass?  I didn't play college football or anything like that but neither did Leach, Mangino, or many others.  So does that make them unintelligent unlike you and your study partners?

I think Ned. wins this and I will be surprised if its close. Ned may need help with being more aggressive on D, but Ozen has no Discipline so call that a draw. Then on Off. I think Ned will just outplay ozen. I have no dog in this fight so to speak, but if ozen wins I will tip my hat to them but I don't see it going that way. As for the Speed kills comment that holds no water here, remember those small-slow boys from L-Town last year going deep in the playoffs. LOL

All those missed tackles and blown defensive assignments against WOS, Nederland has no room to say Ozen has no discipline.  And as far as Lumberton goes, once every 40 years doesn't change the fact that speed kills and Waller prove that to you guys.  ;D

dont be talking smack on L-town. the "slow" players beat people with speed because omg were actually smart... our coaches are outstanding. dont make the L-train mad before the game even starts! try to tell us were slow after we beat ozen!! since our offense is getting better every game..

Guest 87CRU79

I don't think i have ever had jumbo popcorn, but i would love to try some.  Help me dude, with you high level of intelligence what is a foward pass?  I didn't play college football or anything like that but neither did Leach, Mangino, or many others.  So does that make them unintelligent unlike you and your study partners?

Doesn't make you unintelligent, but those guys have been around the game their entire life and surrounded themselves with other people who thrive on learning and studying the game. They dive into hours of film and attend seminars on how to better their players and better themselves as coaches. You're just a fan who thinks they know what they're talkin about, and are completely subjective on how the game is played.

Guest Brubaker

Dude, I'm lost are you saying that you buy into what the Nederland coaching staff has done with the spread because they go to seminars, have studied film, and went to college teams that ran it, or are you saying some other sources that you know have??  Also, are you saying you take the advice of journalists over coaches?  All things considered, I'll take the jumbo popcorn and yell in the stands, if I have a question I'll call.

Guest 87CRU79

Bru, all I'm saying that is I surround myself with coaches and analists from all levels, HS and up. After speaking with these people, I like to think that after comparing my analysis with their thoughts that I have a fair assesment of what's goin on.

I will always choose a coaches opinion or thoughts over a journalists, but some journalists do provide us sports enthusiasts with quality insight from time to time

I'm still iffy with the spread, but let me explain myself. At times, Nederland looks like a well-oiled machine when running the spread, but other times (i.e. inside the 5 or 3rd and long) it doesnt work as well. Like i said in the Ned/Liv thread, Nederland needs to install a "Power" package inside the 5 yard line in order to assure 6 points on that drive. 3rd and longs are what they are, but I would like to see us convert on 3rd Down more often.

I see where Dude is coming from. Some fans just like to think they know everything about the game, praising the coaches when their team wins, but then ridicule them when they lose. These same people think that they should be the one's with the headset on calling the plays. All in all, that's why they are called FAN-atics, because they're crazy for their team.

Seems like Dude try to resolve the debate and explain himself numerous times, and 999 was acting like the little brother on the family road trip with his finger an inch away from your face saying, "I'm not touching you!!!"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476