****POST HERE AND LET EVERYONE KNOW YOUR OK AND WHERE YOUR AT*****

KFDM COOP

Here is an update from Gary Stelly at KOGT on letting people back in.....

"BC city manager Jerry Jones says they're still not letting people in but the water is way down which is the good news.  The water is also way down in Orange after the city was able to get some of the pumps back up.  Still the downtown area is off limits to most.  I will stress to those of you out of town that its not pretty here so I wouldn't plan on staying.  Come in, assess your damage, and then head back out.  County curfew runs from 7pm - 6am.  The DPS are handling things as they did in Rita.  Some are getting in and some aren't.  Just depends on the area.  Sorry we can't be any more clear than that.  Cell phones and internet access still sucks.  There is no road runner and just a little broadband.  Cell service is sporadic but at least better than yesterday."

I will also let you know I've heard that the police arent letting certain items back out of the area. So if you come in and then decide to leave again don't plan on taking anything with you. This is to cut down on thefts since there may be no proof on if you own the stuff.

Flks,

I have to deliver supplies from Houston to Total Port Arthur tomorrow afternoon.  Does anyone know if hwy 73 between Wnnie over to the west side of the Rainbow Bridge is clear for travel?

By the way....BH and Baytown took it in the shorts for wind and surge.  As far as surge, I feel sorry for you if you were east of Baytown.

P.S. The burn ban is no longer in effect..... ;D

Flks,

I have to deliver supplies from Houston to Total Port Arthur tomorrow afternoon.  Does anyone know if hwy 73 between Wnnie over to the west side of the Rainbow Bridge is clear for travel?

By the way....BH and Baytown took it in the shorts for wind and surge.  As far as surge, I feel sorry for you if you were east of Baytown.

P.S. The burn ban is no longer in effect..... ;D

If I'm not mistaken, Total is the old Fina plant which is at the corner of 73/87 and Pure Atlantic road which is FM 366.  If so, you don't have to go over Veterans Memorial or the Rainbow bridge that goes to Pleasure Island.  Just take Hwy 73 all the way until you get to FM 366.  Total is on the right after you turn left on 366....

A little late reporting in here but we travelled back home to stay with my parents in Claremore, OK.  We heard that our home in Lumberton appears to be fine.  We even got power back on Saturday evening at 8:00 pm.  Just heard from my neighbor that we now have phone/internet service.  The streets all around our house are without power and that it is sporadic throughout Lumberton, that power is on mainly on the HW69 side.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder