*West Brook vs. Central/BEAUMONT BOWL SERIES PREDICTIONS*?

KFDM COOP

I will have to see Central control the line of scrimmage before I will believe it.  They can't be more physical than Lufkin up front, and we put 30 on Lufkin in less than 3 quarters.  I expect Central to pack in tight, maybe blitz some, and have some success, but, I think we will bust a few plays early, and then wear down the smaller line.  For Brook, I put the over under at 30 1/2.  I'll take the over.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying its going to be easy, WB is a very talented team and that young man Michaels is an outstanding running back no question. With that being said and what I saw with Central defense its going to be a very interested game. WB is probably going to have the best offense in the area but the defense of WB has lots of holes in it and will be scored on easily. Jags fix offense questions, I have absolutely no doubt that they can win this game.

West Brook's defense is more disciplined than Memorial's.  Your Veer option attack will not work as much as it did on the Titans.  Once Central falls behind in the score, the Jags will be forced to pass which is not their strong suit.

I'm not saying its going to be easy, WB is a very talented team and that young man Michaels is an outstanding running back no question. With that being said and what I saw with Central defense its going to be a very interested game. WB is probably going to have the best offense in the area but the defense of WB has lots of holes in it and will be scored on easily. Jags fix offense questions, I have absolutely no doubt that they can win this game.

West Brook's defense is more disciplined than Memorial's.  Your Veer option attack will not work as much as it did on the Titans.  Once Central falls behind in the score, the Jags will be forced to pass which is not their strong suit.

....and the way our secondary played the other night, they might think twice before they do that!

Just like Passing wasn't FB Clements strong suit, huh?  ;D ;D I say, Bombs away.  Anything goes!

Central only scored 10 on Memorial, they are not going to score more than that on West Brook.  West Brook  42 Central 10

::) ::) ... We have a WBfinest...  :-\ :-\

Not at all, I'm just curious to the fact that the Central fans come on here saying that Central will score 20+ points on West Brook and last week they only put up 10.  Silly post like those show that there are a lot of Centralfinest posters on here.   ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ... 24 points.  I'm sticking with that.

So that's what it is?  Yall feel like yall are disrespected since we only put 10 points on Memorial and now we predicting us to put more points on yall?  I could possibly be that Memorial has a better defense than yall!  ;D ;D (I love stirring the pot. )

Just like Passing wasn't FB Clements strong suit, huh?   ;D ;D I say, Bombs away.  Anything goes!

Ooooooh, that was a low blow! :o

Just like Passing wasn't FB Clements strong suit, huh?   ;D ;D I say, Bombs away.  Anything goes!

I was trying to remember, Who did Central lose to in the playoffs last year?  Oh and with 75 total yards of passing against PAM, I doubt it will be any bombs away!

They did not throw the ball much against Memorial... When they did throw it was a completion.  Memorials D is very good, the only way Brook D is that good is if a few players go both ways.  And Ozen QB made Brook look very good, I watch the game over and over on DVR.  Besides one throw that Garrett broke on perfectly and the Ozen WR did not sheild with his body, the rest of the picks were thrown straight to the WB defenders.

Ozen could not run the ball well and Lufkin showed that WB can be run on.  I still have yet to see a big time pass rush by the Brook.  The reason I picked Central to score 17 is because I believe that C. Louis will throw one of those high passes straight to a Central DB for a touchdownn!!!!  Central will score one on their own and kick a 30 yrd field goal when a drive stalls.  I don't see the Jags scoring 20 plus on Brook though.  CM will score 3 times and Lopez will catch a TD pass.  The Central score will come in the third when they will be down 21-7, and they will score because they are forced to pass.  This is a REAL rilvary and the losing team has only gotten blown out on years where one of the teams was extremely bad.  This is not one of those years.  WB by 11!!!! 28-17... But they are better than that!

I was trying to remember, Who did Central lose to in the playoffs last year?  Oh and with 75 total yards of passing against PAM, I doubt it will be any bombs away!

That stung!  :'( :'(

Let's be honest, here...both teames have a short week...both teams are athletic....both teams are well coached...Central has already played a spread team in PA........WB has got to prepare for all the misdirection!  The Jags will establish the run game and run til' the cows come home.  They will pass when they see fit too...and they will run and pound that D all night long. 

You're right about one thing...this is a rivalry game....so I ask, who has the upperhand?  WB...spread offense and athletic 4-3 defense or Central....Ball control option offense and "Organized Chaos" Defense....if the Jags control the turnovers....Advantage Jags! ::)

Central 17

WB 14

Sound fimilar...scores are flipped!

I agree with one point Cowboy.  There will be CHAOS in the Central defense.         ;D   

#33 CM has said every year he's been on the "V" that he was gonna put 200yds on us...and this will be his last chance...but what I think drives our kids is that they really want to beat the Brook!  We want the win, and what our D does has not been done in these here parts before!  Stowers is running his D again and they looked good against a team that hangs it's hat on throwing the ball!  If they can stop the run...and this ain't no slouch...or running back by committee like PA had...this is a "man!" 

I still like our chances!....Call me stupid or naive!  But, I like what we got!  I think it will come down to who can limit the big plays, who can hold on to the ball, and who can wrap up!

I agree with one point Cowboy.  There will be CHAOS in the Central defense.         ;D   

#33 CM has said every year he's been on the "V" that he was gonna put 200yds on us...and this will be his last chance...but what I think drives our kids is that they really want to beat the Brook!  We want the win, and what our D does has not been done in these here parts before!  Stowers is running his D again and they looked good against a team that hangs it's hat on throwing the ball!  If they can stop the run...and this ain't no slouch...or running back by committee like PA had...this is a "man!" 

I still like our chances!....Call me stupid or naive!  But, I like what we got!  I think it will come down to who can limit the big plays, who can hold on to the ball, and who can wrap up!

Cowboy I agree with you on our score... But there is no way the Brook does not score more than 14 points!

Cowboy I agree with you on our score... But there is no way the Brook does not score more than 14 points!

Remember, we are going to keep that clock running...even if they start fast...they'll have to keep our pace!  If they get ahead...we still gonna do what we do!  We should have beat PA 21-7...but costly turnovers hit us hard!  If we can limit our mistakes and still move them chains...we'll be good!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami