WHAT'S YOUR FEELINGS ON THE TIGHTEND IN HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL?

jr1979

IN MY OPINION THE TIGHTEND IS THE MOST UNDER USED POSITION IN HS FOOTBALL. WHEN USED THE TE CREATES MISMATCHES WITH LB AND ALSO ADDS A BIGGER, EXTRA BLOCKER TO THE LINE ON DIFFERENT PLAYS (OTHER THAN A RECEIVER). I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE THE TE USED MORE, B/C THIS SPREAD CRAP MAKES ME SICK.

P.S. DOES YOUR TEAM USE THE TE?

WO-S don't!

YOU ARE RIGHT, NOT ENOUGH. BUT WHEN THEY DO HE DOES VERY WELL. I'M SPEAKING OF THE KID # 81 (PROVOST). THE TIMES HE DID GET IN, HE WAS ABOUT 15 YARDS DOWN FIELD BLOCKING HIS MAN. I HEARD THAT HE IS VERY ATHELETIC AND CAN ALSO CATCH. SO. ??? ??? ???

The TE position is vital to a running game, if you play smash mouth football.  The Spread is the in thing right now.  It is all part of the scheme that the HC believes in.  IF your guy (TE) is an athlete, then he will be playing somewhere.  I am not speaking for any Coach in SETX, but I have a good feeling that they are well aware of the athletes that they have on the field. 

whenever the tight end position is used ,in the pros,college, or in high school, it usually creates

bad matches for the defense. it seams the most successful teams utilize this valuable position.

i think it really causes problems in the high school forum, though most still does not use this position

in the passing game enough.

whenever the tight end position is used ,in the pros,college, or in high school, it usually creates

bad matches for the defense. it seams the most successful teams utilize this valuable position.

i think it really causes problems in the high school forum, though most still does not use this position

I AGREE WITH YOU, OF COURSE, THAT'S WHY I STARTED THIS POST. IN HIGHSCHOOL ESPECIALLY, YOU WILL GT THE MISMATCHES YOU NEED TO EXPOSE A DEFENSE.

I agree. How many times I've seen kids listed as TE's on rosters and they are not utilized.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124