Bh vs Cleveland scrimmage?

Guest etbu

Just got back and got to see ETBU at the game That was about the only high point  :'(

The entire scrimmage was a controlled one and Cleveland came out strong taking it to the Eagles 4-1.

Now before anyone jusmps to conclusions about this years team I don't think BH has ever won a scrimmage as the BH coaches truly treat this as practice shuffling people in and out. Cleveland only had about 5 extra guys so what we saw is pretty much what we got. Clevleand has some good size and if they can stay focused might do well this year. I remember when we played them they got more penalty flags than any team that I have ever seen.

Bright points for BH.

1.) Carmona and his back up looked pretty good. both scrambled well and threw well.

2.) New running back looks promissing. Anyone know what class he is?

3.) Held Cleveland on one of the drives.

4.) O-line looked good most of the game untill the blitz blew them up at the end in scoring position.

Not so Bright Points for BH.

1.) Defense got run on from every angle

2.) Secondary got burned

3.) Same old offense NO FLASH (I'm hoping this was due to the scrimmage)

At the end this was a typical BH scrimmage and almost impossible to tell when the 1st 2nd or 3rd string was in. The kids looked good the defense looks a little behind the offense ,but I'm sure the coaches will have the wrinkles ironed out before the first game.

Going from 3A to 5A next week against Pasedena Memorial! Good luck guys and keep working hard we are all behind you!!!!!!!!!

Don't write BH off yet bc last year after Wos put one on them I did not think they would win a game. They came back with a young team and won six so hang loose. That is the way that BH plays this time of year and they will be fine. Good seeing your crew BH fan but have to say you married up.  ;D

Thanks for the info BHFAN!  One reason the "D" may look a little shaky, is the change in defensive coordinator...don't know, but there may be a learning curve to get through.  Your right, BH never shows anything during a scrimmage.  But we have to be realistic also, BH is still young in many positions, and I heard, they already have, two or three key people injured.  Pre season is going to be tuff, but if the kids don't get down, I think they can be competitive in district.

Work hard Eagles!

I saw the BH playing alot of the kids in new positions last night.Offense starting line looked good.QB's looked good. The new running backs need to work on the blocking and picking up the blitz!!!The recievers had some good catches and runs after the catch.It looked as though BH was taking a look at a lot of new kids in new positions while starters rotated in and out. Cleveland looks like they might have a good running game started. Thier runners ran hard and needed a few more blocks to spring for long gains.They picked up good chunks of yardage against BH on every running play it looked like.I liked the way Cleveland COACHES show some FIRE and EXCITEMENT. Barbers Hill looks like they were just there going through the motions and it will be alright.If the COACHES dont show emotions for the game how can all the kids get excited about playing. I know most kids bring it to the game but it sure seems good to see COACHES pump these kid up no matter WHAT...

I saw the BH playing alot of the kids in new positions last night.Offense starting line looked good.QB's looked good. The new running backs need to work on the blocking and picking up the blitz!!!The recievers had some good catches and runs after the catch.It looked as though BH was taking a look at a lot of new kids in new positions while starters rotated in and out. Cleveland looks like they might have a good running game started. Thier runners ran hard and needed a few more blocks to spring for long gains.They picked up good chunks of yardage against BH on every running play it looked like.I liked the way Cleveland COACHES show some FIRE and EXCITEMENT. Barbers Hill looks like they were just there going through the motions and it will be alright.If the COACHES dont show emotions for the game how can all the kids get excited about playing. I know most kids bring it to the game but it sure seems good to see COACHES pump these kid up no matter WHAT...

Agreed!!! Coaches cheer up a little and show the kids how to get fired up!!!!!! I do think the Eagles will be fine though can't wait to see next week against a 5A squad!

I didn't go because you're right, it's more like a practice than an actual scrimmage.  I heard a sophomore, D Jenkins, ran 80 yards or so, for a TD.  Is that the one you're talking about?

Yes thats the one! Thank God he's a Sophmore  ;D It's nice to know that he will be coming back! I thought he looked really good and now knowing he's a Sophmore he did outstanding! He has enough speed to get around the end and he also looks for the holes up the middle instead of just running down hill also had some power. I think this kid is going to be fun to watch in the games ahead and beyond!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami