NYC Girl scores 113 to break HS record!

NYC Girl Scores 113 Points To Break HS Record!!!!

Epiphanny Prince, a 5-foot-9 senior, shattered the all-time national high school girls basketball scoring record Wednesday with an incredible 113 points as Manhattan's Murry Bergtraum routed Louis Brandeis 137-32.

The previous record of 105 points was set by Cheryl Miller of Riverside Poly in 1982. Lisa Leslie also topped the century mark with 101 for Inglewood Morningside in 1990. Both schools are in Southern California.

Coach Ed Grezinsky noted, "We didn't start off like that to set a record], but she had 58 at halftime. At that point, I said, 'Just let her go.'"

Prince, who has signed with Rutgers, drilled 54 of her 60 shots from the field -- many on fast-break layups -- and three of four free throws. She scored 38 points in the first quarter, 20 in the second, 25 in the third and 30 in the fourth.

"It's just amazing to me," Prince told SI.com. "My best game had been 55 points in eighth grade. Even when they gave me the ball [constantly in the second half], they [brandeis defenders] didn't converge on me. They reacted very slow, so I just kept on going to the basket."

So how was she planning to celebrate? "I'm about to go to Rutgers to see them play St. John's," she replied. The steak dinner can wait.

Link

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder