Lamar Football

Guest Kelly Football

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unlv' date=' Why are the crowds at Lamar Basketball games so low? Another example of southeast Texas people not going to support teams.[/quote']

The fan support is up since coach Tubbs return. That is a start. Coach Tubbs wasn't able to put an exciting team on the floor. Coach Roc team wont get pushed around by smaller teams like last year. I think LU should repeat what the drillers did, free night to get the fans in. I would free night all the Non-DI schools at home including exhibition.

there's not enough cohesion in our community to strongly support a lamar football team. generally speaking, lamar is a state school; a home kind of place that one can afford. in the past they have had a large foreign student base and older students. the older students may lack the school spirit of young adults. the foreign students barely know football american style. in the past, there were complaints that football received all the support and other sports had no chance. there seems to be a lack of economy to strongly support many of the entertainment industry's attractions. look at ford park, both music and hockey. i'm not saying it can't happen. there just seems to be more attractions competing with local football today than in the past.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami