Pitching question for all you experts

Guest mchm

Does anyone have any input/opinions on using weighted softballs to help increase arm strength and/or pitching speed?  I have not approached our pitching coach about it yet but was just curious if I should even do so?

I admittedly know much less than many on here, but everyone I've ever talked to said to only let your daughter use them for wrist snaps and quarter windmill drills, never a full windmill pitch.

I have seen a number of pitchers use the larger unweighted ball (14 inch?) with a full windup.

Thanks guys for your opinions.  I did speak with my daughter's pitching coach last night and he is not a fan of the weighted softballs at all. The long toss drill was exactly what he suggested.  Since that is what we have been doing anyways we will just keep up with it.  We were just looking for a little diversity in her drills but she is doing great with what she has so why try to fix what ain't broken?  Right?  Again, thanks!!!!

Does anyone have any input/opinions on using weighted softballs to help increase arm strength and/or pitching speed?  I have not approached our pitching coach about it yet but was just curious if I should even do so?

the weighted ball is a good tool, but never throw it over overhand, underhand only.  Should be used for warm up drills and not at full distance.

I beleive in the long toss, keep going back as much as possible till you cannot reach home plate. That may even be past 2nd base. Cody tried the weighted balls, then she was wilder than wild. At college they use a larger slightly weighted ball. There are many tools out there to help, good luck finding what your more comfortable with.

I beleive in the long toss, keep going back as much as possible till you cannot reach home plate. That may even be past 2nd base. Cody tried the weighted balls, then she was wilder than wild. At college they use a larger slightly weighted ball. There are many tools out there to help, good luck finding what your more comfortable with.

Heck I can remember Cody long tossing from Centerfield !!! Man what an arm ! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami