WE (ALL) would like to know

Guest bleed orange

Dame, you graduated the year after I was born. Your an old fart, Just kidding, I played for Orangefield and graduated in 1980. I played for the ledgenary coach Ed Peveto.

Guest bleed orange

Hey skipper just kidding about the "old fart" remark even though you are old enough to be my daddy. ;D Do you remember an football official back in those days named Frenchy Domingue?

Guest bleed orange

Well Frenchy Domingue was my grandfather. I am also kin to a well known person but not in sports his name was Poochie Little, he is my uncle. He was from Port Acres. I am also kin to Kyle Haynes who played fullback for TJ back in 1961 I believe and my mother graduated with Jimmy Johnson. My mother, Kyle and Jimmy all graduated the same year.

Guest bleed orange

Yes I remember the Big Okes well. My ex boss Jerry McDonald from Orange use to talk about it all the time. You are right those were the good ole days.

Guest bleed orange

Skipper, It is nice to know that someone remembers my grandfather. We were close and he was a great man to me. Thanks for the memories. I will never forget him. Bringing up his name was awesome for me. My name is Keith Little by the way. Nice to meet you. You don't have to tell me your name.

Guest bleed orange

go  find as year book and look up  jimmys picture on the footkall team i thimk jim played  tackle i belive he was a weep  JUST KIDDING if you should see jimmy ask him has his golf game gotton eny better.

Yes he did play tackle. Let's just say he would not be a tackle in this day and time.

Guest bleed orange

I would have never guessed you, Sam. How is your son doing? I talk to your wife every once in a while because she is my insurance agent. By the way all you people out there call Linda Owens with Allstate for your insurance needs, she is awesome. Mauriceville Texas. You are to funny my friend. The FBI did call me about you. ;D I told them nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bleed orange

I played football, basketball, track and baseball at Orangefield 78,79 & 80. We had some good football and track teams back then. Ed Peveto believed track was the key to a successful football team. He was right. He also said soccer was the root of all evil. Don't get upset soccer fans. He was afraid that soccer would someday take over.  ::) We may know one another DP#1Fan. Bradley Peveto is a good friend of mine. We all ran track together. He was two years younger than me in school but only one year in age. Ed believed in holding kids back a grade in Jr. High. We had a lot of kids graduate at 19.

Football and track  Nathan Bedford Forrest HS, Jacksonville Fl  72-74.  Been around southest Texas sports for over 25 years though, some as a high school coach and some as a parent/fan so I recognize A LOT of names/dates/places mentioned here!  Great topic!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont